* DB: Carter at Safety

If through attrition there are additional spots, hoping for:

* LB: one more
* CB: one more
* OL: one more
* DT: one more

Who you got?

Advertisement
I agree with what you have with no additions...Don't want the staff to add anymore players if we hit on, say Leatherwood, McFarland, Carter, and 2 WR's. Would love to have that unused space in a stacked 2018 class or for possible transfers

I would like to add 5 players with that dog in them, that want to be canes, from souf florida.

I think carter could grow into a LB so I would to add an ELITE safety. If someone like Xavier McKinney or Cyrus ***an want in I think we make room.

Advertisement
I agree 2 of those 3 WRs is ideal, but assuming neither Smith nor Holloman want in (I think we get at least one of them) I wonder who would be next up? Would we try for another receiver or would the staff be comfortable with what we have + Harley?

I also think we should take one more linebacker no matter what, but it seems like that's not the direction the staff is going at this point

I agree with what you have with no additions...Don't want the staff to add anymore players if we hit on, say Leatherwood, McFarland, Carter, and 2 WR's. Would love to have that unused space in a stacked 2018 class or for possible transfers

Is that assuming nobody would decommit? Sure most of these guys we got seem 100% all about the U. But, the season hasn't even started yet, it's more likely at least 1-2 guys will decommit then it is we keep everyone. For example, if we do get 2 more wrs in this class (out of Jeudy, Smith, Holloman, Harley) then Dingle might not stick around. Burns could flip to ND, especially if we get McFarland. Will Weldon stick around even though we have Perry and if he gets another big time offer from a qb needy team?

Advertisement

Is that assuming nobody would decommit? Sure most of these guys we got seem 100% all about the U. But, the season hasn't even started yet, it's more likely at least 1-2 guys will decommit then it is we keep everyone. For example, if we do get 2 more wrs in this class (out of Jeudy, Smith, Holloman, Harley) then Dingle might not stick around. Burns could flip to ND, especially if we get McFarland. Will Weldon stick around even though we have Perry and if he gets another big time offer from a qb needy team?
Dingle ain't going nowhere & what other schools are even recruiting Weldon?

We get Holloman/Harley, Amari Carter & another OL.

I think we should keep an eye on Shawn Davis even after he commits to UF, Baez & Banda have been on him as of late because he's announcing his commitment on the 26th & I think we'll fight that battle until January.

Leatherwood is a loooooooong shot, we probably would have to go 11-1 & win the ACC to flip him.

And I still think we should take Wilder, we have barely any LB depth on the roster right now & should load up on LB's for the next two classes.

For RB, Felix looks like a heavy lean to Oregon, but he's still going to visit us, so maybe we have a chance & with McFarland I think he's goes to Maryland.
So, idk what other RB's are on the market we could get, but I'm sure there's a kid who will blow up during the season we can probably land.

Dingle ain't going nowhere & what other schools are even recruiting Weldon?

I don't think Weldon is heavily recruited right now but the general consensus is he's going to have a huge senior year after the injury last season (ACL tear, I believe.)

Advertisement
We get Holloman/Harley, Amari Carter & another OL.

I think we should keep an eye on Shawn Davis even after he commits to UF, Baez & Banda have been on him as of late because he's announcing his commitment on the 26th & I think we'll fight that battle until January.

Leatherwood is a loooooooong shot, we probably would have to go 11-1 & win the ACC to flip him.

And I still think we should take Wilder, we have barely any LB depth on the roster right now & should load up on LB's for the next two classes.

For RB, Felix looks like a heavy lean to Oregon, but he's still going to visit us, so maybe we have a chance & with McFarland I think he's goes to Maryland.
So, idk what other RB's are on the market we could get, but I'm sure there's a kid who will blow up during the season we can probably land.

Good post,a few weeks back we had many claiming we were signing 30 in this class even though we had no room to fit them in with such a small SR class this year.To fit 25 we need a few JRs to leave and still ask a few to transfer.As things are working out we may be adding 2 to 4 more tops in this class.

We have basically have 6 OL that we feel comfortable with, we need 2-3 more. My guess is, 2-3 of the current "backup" OL will not be on the roster next season.

We are adding way more than 2-4 more kids. Stop it. Leatherwood isn't coming here if we win the national championship.

Advertisement
I think we take 3 more:

1. Either Carter or Smith at Safety (probably Carter).
2. Wilder
3. Harley or Holloman at WR (probably Harley).

I think we are 3rd behind USC and Alabama for Leatherwood.
I think we are tied for 2nd with Tennessee and behind Oregon for Felix.
I think we are 3rd behind Alabama and Maryland for McFarland.

No matter what happens with smith or jeudy now it's still a long season ahead. We're staying on them. Assuming we miss out on both & Holloman don't think we reach for much at the position. 2018 is loaded with monster talent at the wr position that plenty of them are desperate to be canes...

We are adding way more than 2-4 more kids. Stop it. Leatherwood isn't coming here if we win the national championship.

Pete stated explicitly Leatherwood views himself as a 3 and out and Bama is the least likely place for him to start as a freshmen....or even a sophmore.

Advertisement
Back