Recruiting News

View as article

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Davante Bourque RB 6'3 205LBS 2012- With long time best friend Jacoby Briscoe committing to Miami, it's looking like we stand a great chance of landing the kid. Miami coaches Al Golden and Terry Richardson had an in-home visit that went very well. They showed him a video on Golden's Ipad with former players Ray Lewis and Ed Reed speaking at the university show casing the special family that is UM. How all the big name NFL players they see on TV always come back and support the team. Davante is a big fan of Golden and the rest of the staff he has a visit set up with us on Jan 20th. The only real road block for him seems to be Tennessee who he has a visit set for Jan 13th.

Tyriq McCord DE 6'3 222LBS 2012- While he says he is solid to us he still plans on visiting USCw for an official and has been on record as saying that his unofficial visit there was the best visit he has been on. He LOVES Monte Kiffin says he is a legend. So don't be shocked if come NSD if he ends up at USCw. One plus is that he has been very open with Golden about his plans and his feelings. So none of this is new to them.

Visesio Salt DT 6'3 340LBS 2012- I know not one of our guys but it's good to know that he has de-committed from UF to commit to Utah. One less good player for them is good for us. He said he de-committed because he wanted to be closer to family.

Raphael Kirby LB 6'1 208LBS 2012- I never post stuff about star ratings and overall listings and I will use Kirby as an example why, Eligwe an FSU LB commit who has similar size(6'2 210lbs) and plays against the same teams Kirby does finished the season with 85 tackles and 13 for loss. Kirby Finished the year with over 120 tackles and 20+ for loss....So who should be rated higher? One is # 38(Eligwe) in the 100, the other is #89(Kirby). So go by the play on the field and not some made up ranking

Taylor Gadbois OT 6'8 300LBS 2012- Might have had the quote of the recruiting season, I'm sure many of you have heard already but i thought I'd share with you anyways. "You don't say you're from Miami and go to another school, you say you're from Miami and you go to Miami." Which is funny cause he isn't from Miami it's good stuff look forward to seeing what he can do here.

Ne'Quan Phillips DB 5'11 175LBS 2012- Could be committing to Memphis soon. He isn't a guy UM has looked at much it has more to do with his awful grades then his skill level he plays for Miami (FL) Southridge high. He had 70 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles and 3 fumble recoveries. His other offers are FIU, Florida A&M, Buthune-Cookman and Mississippi.

Angelo Jean-Louis WR/DB 6'0 185LBS 2012- For those worried about him de-committing because he can't get into Miami. AJL said he is willing to go to prep school if he can't get in, so even if he doesn't end up in this class I wouldn't worry to much about him going else where. Also AJL was rated the best WR at the Under Armour A-A game. Here's what they had to say about him: Combining size, natural strength and speed, Jean-Louis may be the most complete receiver in the game from a physical standpoint. The Miami (Fla.) commit’s ability to get off of press coverage has surprised us this week, while his extra gear to go get the ball is something we’ve seen since before his junior season at Palm Beach Central.

Advertisement
That is such huge news concerning AJL. Huge huge huge.

Still remains to he seen whether he follows through but that is definitely encouraging.

Advertisement
Don't like the news about Salt if the trickle down means a lesser shot of us flipping Phillips. We need an impact DT and I wasn't too worried about Salt at UF anyway.

Still remains to he seen whether he follows through but that is definitely encouraging.

Yep, Yep......

I can't wait to see this kid in orange & green.......

Advertisement

Yep, Yep......

I can't wait to see this kid in orange & green.......

This kid will be great here

As i said in the other thread, if AJL would've had a QB in that UA game that could actually complete a pass, he would've put up moster number. He was open ALL game.

I think McCord will get cold feet on NSD regarding USC...too far from family imo.

Also, let's pray that Bourque doesn't committ on that Tennesseee visit. All we have to do is get him on campus and he's ours imo.

Tyriq McCord DE 6'3 222LBS 2012- While he says he is solid to us he still plans on visiting USCw for an official and has been on record as saying that his unofficial visit there was the best visit he has been on. He LOVES Monte Kiffin says he is a legend. So don't be shocked if come NSD if he ends up at USCw. One plus is that he has been very open with Golden about his plans and his feelings. So none of this is new to them.

lol, how is that a ******* plus ?

Advertisement

so Golden can have a plan b in place

Good read. THX. I still think that McCord's announcement has to carry some weight, so he should be ours to lose (yes, I know anything can happen), and its not like this staff is going to just ignore him from now until signing day and just assume he's going to stick (FU corch).

McCord also said that Miami is the best fit for him. As of now he plans on signing with Miami on NSD.

He likes both Miami's and USCw broadcast communications offerings. So that is a plus in that his family is here in Florida. Its a 4 hour drive from Tampa to Miami vs a cross country flight to LA. Me thinking that family will win this one.

Advertisement
Good read. THX. I still think that McCord's announcement has to carry some weight, so he should be ours to lose (yes, I know anything can happen), and its not like this staff is going to just ignore him from now until signing day and just assume he's going to stick (FU corch).
Agreed. I'm not worried about McCord.

Also an interview with Herb says he is more confident than ever and not worried about the 6 wr's because "I am better than them anyway"

Advertisement
Back