Recruiting News 1-14-2012

View as article

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Josh Ford WR 6'4 195lbs 2012- Looks like the JUCO WR won't be heading to Maryland or Miami. Kansas is his current leader and it seems to be 99% sure he will end up there.

A.J. Leggett DB 6'0 175lbs 2012- As most of us know he won't be coming here because of grade issues. His new final 3 in order are Marshall, Nebraska, Florida State. He has a visit set up at Nebraska for Jan 20th. He will choose on signing day.

Jordan Cunningham WR 6'3 175 2013- Will take an OV to ND. His current top schools are Miami, Florida, Stanford, Florida State and Alabama. With ND currently sitting just outside of those schools, Jordan said that ND could easily jump into his top 3 depending on how the OV goes.

Sadly I don't have a lot of info to put out at this time, I do have something big in the works though. To make up for the lite update here enjoy these **** gifs :neonu:

16.gif
Narujoa.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Any hints? Don't think you'll get killed too much over here (as opposed to CT).

Generally most people realize that predictions are just a fun thing to talk about, and nobody really knows what 17 year old kids will do.

Advertisement

Generally most people realize that predictions are just a fun thing to talk about, and nobody really knows what 17 year old kids will do.

I'll just say there is a "5 star" player who people didn't think we had that great of a shot at but we are very much in it and its way closer then anyone realizes (i'm not talking about Goldman). But he does play at a postion of need on D. I don't mean to be cryptic it's just I don't want to be one of those guys that just tosses **** out there

I'll just say there is a "5 star" player who people didn't think we had that great of a shot at but we are very much in it and its way closer then anyone realizes (i'm not talking about Goldman). But he does play at a postion of need on D. I don't mean to be cryptic it's just I don't want to be one of those guys that just tosses **** out there

I gotcha. I won't keep prodding.

Thanks for all the info you give.

Advertisement
Leggett is getting some real ****** guidance right now. Is it worth being away from your kid for 3 or 4 years as opposed to going Prep for 4 months and then coming back here?

Obviously Howard

If we had Davis, Bush, Howard, and either Jean Louis or Waters for a DB class, as well as the other kid coming in his name slips my mind right now... that would be an A+ at DB, a major position of need.

Advertisement
pulling howard would be the biggest possible pull this year IMO

i'd rather have Eddie Goldman. I like Howard, but hes more Brandon Harris (not that there is anything wrong with that) than Patrick Johnson (Peterson). Goldman would be more important to our D and hes at a tougher position to recruit as well

Howard is not as physical as B Harris but his speed is much better and he is 3 inches taller than Brandon. Make no mistake, Howard is very polished just needs to learn to tackle.

Last edited:
Leggett is pretty dumb to not prep and come here. Dude has kids and is likely headed to Marshall? OK

Advertisement
4 months in prep

Closer to his family, kid and hometown

Top Notch University

NFL U

I mean whats the big deal?

If Howard picks Miami I'm sure he and Bush would get in AJ's ear about it

Before last season they all talked about playing together along with Willie Bailey

AJ is the best of the 4 hands down. Deon is the best athlete and just a physical specimen. Howard has the best cover skills but isn't physical at all and can't tackle. Willie Bailey is meh

Somebody needs to paint the picture for Leggett for real. He's looking for instant gratification instead of the big picture and in the end that's not the best for him or his family.

Besides the fact that he'll be away from his kid(s?), for at a minimum 3 years, he'll also get much less NFL exposure at Marshall compared to Miami.

Advertisement
Back