Recruiting momentum now?

Advertisement
Nonsense ? Most OC’s don’t stay long in todays game. He’s an up and comer that‘ll be a hot name especially after taking over last years **** storm. He walked into the perfect gig but these guys want to be head coaches
Bull ****, they want fcking cash. Pay them what they are worth. Look what jerry jones did with dan Quin. That dudes a head coach all day long. He payed him and kept him. Make it to hard for him to leave. Why are over a middle of the road school . win a title at miami and you get a real deal job served up on your plate. end of fcking story.

Bull ****, they want fcking cash. Pay them what they are worth. Look what jerry jones did with dan Quin. That dudes a head coach all day long. He payed him and kept him. Make it to hard for him to leave. Why are over a middle of the road school . win a title at miami and you get a real deal job served up on your plate. end of fcking story.

That's the thing. It's not hard to get a real deal job for coordinators that produce anymore. If UF looks at what Dawson does and wants to replace Napier with Dawson, you think we got enough money to stop them? With Guidry's baggage, it may be a little easier to keep him longer if he becomes a commodity, but Dawson could very well be gone if we finish averaging over 35ppg. Not because he's so ready to leave, but those offers WILL come based on how big the turn around from last year is.

Majority these guys want head gigs to speed up their trajectories. With some even taking head jobs for less to start their clock. 99 percent of coaches doesn‘t want to be career assistants , to believe different would be crazy . Dawson like Rhett is in his coaching prime.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The momentum is real my friend. Sleep well...
Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

All this talk of Dawson leaving soon, I just don’t see it. Check his track record. Barring his 1 year stint at Kentucky in 2015, he has never been 1 and done at any gig he’s taken and that’s over the last 17 years. People are nothing if not creatures of habit. Also, he’s been a highly productive OC for the better part of 17 years. If he hasn’t gotten a HC gig at this point, it may never happen or he simply may not want it.

Advertisement
Guidry's the interesting one to me. He's been an HC before. If we keep bringing the thump like we have these last 2 weeks for the rest of the season, I wonder if he'd step into another HC opportunity at a G5 if the situation was right or if he's a DC lifer.
I would assume he stays longer cause every team mostly wants an O minded HC. If I had to guess that is

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back