Recruiting momentum and expectations..

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
Maybe I'm a little over ambitious, but i have a feeling that if we take care of business come Monday night.... this recruiting momentum is gonna get crazyyyy!

Who is on the cusp that will join the movement if we handle those fools? D.Davis, Irvin, Clarington, Cole, Coney,..?

Advertisement
Irvin will announce in december.
Cole is still committed to FSU, so nothing will come out of him until he decommits.
Coney said he was going to announce after is OV at Notre Dame in sept.
Clarington recently tweeted that "Alabama is definitely a official visit" but there has been talk of him committing in the near future.
Davis I havnt heard anything about

Cole is still committed to FSU, so nothing will come out of him until he decommits.
Clarington recently tweeted that "Alabama is definitely a official visit" but there has been talk of him committing in the near future.

and Jaquan isn't deciding till after the season....

Sarcasm???

A lot has come of cole while he has been committed to FSU

Whoopty do clarington is planning a official to bama, he can still commit to UM

Advertisement
Isn't Clarington a zero chance admission guy?

Not sure if serious.

He committed last week. Your head would've had to been under the rock to not feel the internet stop when that happened.

You'll see this class change in the next five months. I fully expect 3-5 guys if not more to seek a new home.

Advertisement
Isn't Clarington a zero chance admission guy?

So was Trayone Gray

We cleaning up like never before seen at miami

That's just a lie so you can blow Golden. Jimmy and Butch had better classes.

This is completely a lie. Butch probably had 2 classes in the top 10. (1999 and 2000) The classes from 95-97 were not in the top 15 and the 1997 class wasnt even top 20. The 1998 class might have been top 10. But to say that Al classes havent measured up is false.

Most people assume those were highly ranked classes because of the OUTCOME. But 75% of the guys from those classes who ended up being 1st round picks from 2000-2003 were not even top 50 guys in the country.

Off the top of my head..The ONLY ones were Vernon Carey, DJ Williams, Andre Johnson, Damione Lewis, Mike Rumph, Willis MaGahee and William Joseph. The rest were just supposed "JAGs" coming out of HS including Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Dan Morgan, etc..

And as far as Jimmys classes, for us to have been the "Team of the 80s" he never had a #1 class and rarely had a class in the top 5.

They didnt recruit off of the National Recruiting Advisor and Max Emfinger in those days. Jimmy and Butch used the eyeball to evaluate.

Al has shown he has the same eye for talent IMO. Now developing that talent is something that remains to be scene.

(Edit: Went back and looked..I stand corrected..According to Tom Lemming the 1999 and 2000 UM classes WERE NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10! So basically Butch NEVER had a top 10 class.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
momemtum, already started months ago. kids see what this staff is doing. ALL of our kids made it in and most early and they blew up in the weight room!!! Kids have a totally different mindset then the past kids. They are not thinking you just have to show up.

If you go back over the years, ignore the ratings, and focus on the kids the older guys on the boards and local scouts like Fish and Blue thought would hit it big, their hit ratios were pretty **** impressive. Some guys like Aldarius (glue hands) and Ivan McCarthy (sticks) had the talent but lacked the will. Some guys like Willie Williams bought into their own hype. But by and large, 4 of 5 So FL kids who were consensus top talents ended up doing very well.

Golden's staff is bringing in those top-rated local kids this year. Johnson, Scarlett, Cronk, Perry, McIntosh, Fines and St Louis (not truly local, but well-vetted kids). And we'll close with kids like Cole, Irvin, Davis, Stowbridge, Peete, Clarington and Calloway. Meanwhile, we know Archibald, Patchan, Williams, and Milo are "Miami" caliber kids. That's about as stout and well-balanced a haul of local and national talent possible.

This is completely a lie. Butch probably had 2 classes in the top 10. (1999 and 2000) The classes from 95-97 were not in the top 15 and the 1997 class wasnt even top 20. The 1998 class might have been top 10. But to say that Al classes havent measured up is false.

Most people assume those were highly ranked classes because of the OUTCOME. But 75% of the guys from those classes who ended up being 1st round picks from 2000-2003 were not even top 50 guys in the country.

Off the top of my head..The ONLY ones were Vernon Carey, DJ Williams, Andre Johnson, Damione Lewis, Mike Rumph, Willis MaGahee and William Joseph. The rest were just supposed "JAGs" coming out of HS including Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Dan Morgan, etc..

And as far as Jimmys classes, for us to have been the "Team of the 80s" he never had a #1 class and rarely had a class in the top 5.

They didnt recruit off of the National Recruiting Advisor and Max Emfinger in those days. Jimmy and Butch used the eyeball to evaluate.

Al has shown he has the same eye for talent IMO. Now developing that talent is something that remains to be scene.

(Edit: Went back and looked..I stand corrected..According to Tom Lemming the 1999 and 2000 UM classes WERE NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10! So basically Butch NEVER had a top 10 class.)

Who gives a **** where Davis's classes were ranked by recruiting nerds? His classes were better than EVERYONE. Not just better than Golden. Better than EVERYONE.

Great recruiters recruit great football players, not just guys who a bunch of nerds think might be good based on their faulty systems.

Advertisement

Not sure if serious.

He committed last week. Your head would've had to been under the rock to not feel the internet stop when that happened.

he he wasn't serious.

For those who need an interpreter into the obvious, he's stating that dates don't mean ****, things and timing change. Like Jaquan.

Last edited:

Who gives a **** where Davis's classes were ranked by recruiting nerds? His classes were better than EVERYONE. Not just better than Golden. Better than EVERYONE.

Great recruiters recruit great football players, not just guys who a bunch of nerds think might be good based on their faulty systems.

Preaching to the choir buddy... But dont **** on Als efforts just to uplift Butch. I will go shot for shot all day when someone tries to do that. Al aint no ham on rye when it comes to pulling recruits. He has missed on alot but so did Jimmy and so did Butch.

Al might not be a great developer of talent but he can recruit his a$$ off when the playing field is level. Now does that make him Ron Zook or Nick Saban..Dont know..We will see in 2-3 years.

This 2016 class so far is the best i have ever seen miami put together im 35 years old saw all of butch classes... I have the vcr tapes of those recruiting classes still to this day

I think I would take the class that had Morgan, Moss, and Lewis over 2016.

Advertisement
Back