RECRUITING ME THE HARDEST

Advertisement
Advertisement
Senior at Miami Central:

"I want my family to be able to come to all my home games. Having them close by will make me feel at home and comfortable throughout the season.

Because of that, I will be taking my talents to the University of Hawaii.

That's about right.

Advertisement
I'm putting education first. I will be going to the lowest rated school that doesn't make me go to class.

Just keep recruiting me.....

Whoever shows me the most love.....

Favorable depth chart....

Advertisement
*Score a touchdown throws up the 305* wait... Is Tallahassee in Dade?

"I want to recreate central family again" signs with Florida State.

"Grew up a Miami fan"

"Miami fans"

"If they offer I'll commit"

Advertisement
Lets be realistic, people still dont seem to get that we are fighting with one hand tied behind our backs. The money flying around College Football has grown exponentially in the last few decades. The amount of money being thrown at players is ridiculous. Many of the top So Fla players come from very poor families, and are RIPE for being paid off. With the advent of the internet, cellphones, etc, coaches all over the country can now come into So Fla and raid players, and boosters from any program can pay off kids much more easily. This isnt the mid 80s anymore.

Im not saying every kid that leaves So Fla is paid off. But it is without question that many do. And its also a fact that UM does not have the resources to be able to play that game the way the big programs do. Worse, with the NCAA mess, and being on probation, its even HARDER to try to compete on that level for these kids.

This isnt excuse making for Golden, honestly, I think Shannon had to deal with it too, so did Butch. Im not one to make ANY excuses for Shannon, who I think was the worst coach at UM in a half century, but I think this made thing that much worse for him too, and that was WITH assistants who were engaged in some shady stuff with Shapiro.

The reality is the $$$ is getting worse and worse, and the NCAA is totally incapable of doing anything about it. South Florida HS football has also changed a lot in the last 30 years. Its become big business, with all sorts of "street agents" and "advisors" and "mentors" and "handlers", kids being recruited in and out of school districts, living with coaches, some being groomed from their optimist/Pop Warner days for going to the highest bidder. And really, its hard to blame them. I mean if you grew up poor, and you know your family is poor, and someone offers you 100K to go to UGA, LSU or Bama or Clemson, are you going to say "no, UM was my team when I was a kid, and Id rather watch my family keep living in poverty than just go take the money and play elsewhere". Come on.

Not saying every kid is paid off or bought, but many are. And its not just the kids, but the people around them who are getting money to steer kids in a particular direction.

Fact is it is a LOT harder recruiting these days than it used to be. UM is in a very tough spot, because it is a small private university, trying to compete against MASSIVE programs, with huge booster support, money, alumni bases, and communities that not only TOLERATE pay for play but support it.

I am NOT saying UM has been innocent in this. There is no way we could have been competing at this level this long and not have gotten our hands dirty in the past too, but its becoming harder and harder to keep up, and its worse with the NCAA probation and everyone still watching our every move.

I'm putting education first. I will be going to the lowest rated school that doesn't make me go to class.

This is by FAR the funniest of all of them.

"Education is really important to me".... "I want the best school academically",

My top 5 are LSU, WVU, Alabama, Kentucky, and UM, in that order. Lulz.

I want to play close to home so my family can see me play in person. It means a lot to have them there supporting me.

-Commits to school 1000+ miles away. Mom has fear of flying.

Advertisement
Back