Recruiting lows?

Advertisement
Define success.......because the LB room is unmitigated trash due to Manny being the DC/LB coach while Richt was the HC, matter of fact Al Golden's Lb Pickeny, Shaq and now converted to DE have ALL has regress under Mandy

Is this team the deepest, most talented and experienced it’s been overall in years?

You think we land any Florida 5 stars (or any at all) this cycle? I know it's early and we are all just guessing really but I'll ask anyhow

Well, the rankings will change between now and NSD, but valid question as of today and, of the kids who are currently 5-stars on the composite, I will say no.

I do not think Stewart is coming. Kamari Wilson is the only one I'd say we have a decent shot on, but I do not believe he ends up here either.

So for the 7 right now who are composite 5-stars, I'll say no, we don't get any of those 7 kids.

Well, the rankings will change between now and NSD, but valid question as of today and, of the kids who are currently 5-stars on the composite, I will say no.

I do not think Stewart is coming. Kamari Wilson is the only one I'd say we have a decent shot on, but I do not believe he ends up here either.

So for the 7 right now who are composite 5-stars, I'll say no, we don't get any of those 7 kids.
Yeah, I tend to agree unfortunately, of the list I posted do you like our chances with any of the 6 below the 5 stars?

Someone help me understand what it is about our recruiting over the past 3 years that has everyone so worried? if the answer is that this year is different, i agree. but more importantly I trust that good recruiters are good recruiters and Manny has a staff full of good recruiters. They have not suddenly forgotten how to recruit They have not suddenly become lazy or disinterested.
So rather than starting the same thread every other day, act like an adult and be patient.
If we are still having this discussion in October/November then I could see the cause for alarm. Anything before that is just impatience with a staff that has proven it recruits very well.

Advertisement
Someone help me understand what it is about our recruiting over the past 3 years that has everyone so worried? if the answer is that this year is different, i agree. but more importantly I trust that good recruiters are good recruiters and Manny has a staff full of good recruiters. They have not suddenly forgotten how to recruit They have not suddenly become lazy or disinterested.
So rather than starting the same thread every other day, act like an adult and be patient.
If we are still having this discussion in October/November then I could see the cause for alarm. Anything before that is just impatience with a staff that has proven it recruits very well.
Honestly how well have they done for being located in the best recruiting CFB area on Earth? Serious question, not a slam, but there is room for improvement, no? We have had class #11 and class #16. Now that's not bad, but I honestly expect more, maybe I'm being unrealistic or giving our location too much credit?

There’s a few reasons we only have one current commit. Mostly because this staff has shown they’re not interested in taking commits two years out. For some teams, taking guys really early works. For Miami, it always seemed to backfire. A lot of the guys who are currently committed to other schools have been since before this year.

Secondly, because our board, especially on offense, is full of out of state kids (local skill talent is pretty weak this year) we haven’t exactly had them on campus or even had much contact with them due to the extended dead period. As much as COVID helped us with local guys last year, it’s hurt us this year since we have a lot of out of town targets.

Third, we made a huge coaching overhaul on defense. Guys that previous coaches might have been targeting got bumped down and guys that the new coaches prefer took their spots. The reason both our defensive line commits de-committed was because Simpson was not nearly as high on them as Stroud was. It seems like they made a recruiting upgrade on defense but those guys essentially had to start all over if they didn’t like the targets the old staff members had assembled.

Advertisement
Yeah, I tend to agree unfortunately, of the list I posted do you like our chances with any of the 6 below the 5 stars?

Yeah I was going to post that too in the original one back to you. Ideally of course we're landing multiple 5-stars per cycle, so kids like Stewart and Wilson would come here. And maybe they do, who knows? But, for example, if we don't land Stewart but do sign Marvin Jones, Jr.....is that really the end of the world? Not saying that happens, just making sure folks understand that, right now in May after a weird season and limited camps, a kid ranked 50th isn't necessarily better than a kid ranked 60th. There's always a ton of variability in the rankings, but I think there's even more than usual right now due to this past year.

So, OK, we don't land any FL 5-stars at their current rank, but we do land a lot of high 4-stars....I'd be just fine with that.

I think Bissainthe, Armella, Mullen, Kelly, and Spells are all very much in play, and all 5 of those kids could very well wind up ranked in the Top 150-ish by the time the ink dries.

And for the record, we signed the 11th rated class this past cycle, which I think we all feel was a pretty **** good class, and it included exactly 4 kids inside the Top 150 overall. Just something to keep in mind.

Advertisement
That sounds great but other programs are sitting at 12-13 commits while we are at 1. Seems a bit odd to me as well.
And sometimes we’re sitting at 12-13 right now and end up with decommits. Those other programs’ fans prolly thought in years past about us just what you’re thinking about them right about now. Too early to judge.

Is this team the deepest, most talented and experienced it’s been overall in years?

This point, if granted, is the equivalent of the below image.
2MYl.gif

LET'S CELEBRATE!!!! #6 IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!

Advertisement
And sometimes we’re sitting at 12-13 right now and end up with decommits. Those other programs’ fans prolly thought in years past about us just what you’re thinking about them right about now. Too early to judge.
Maybe so, like I said I was just a tad concerned with 1 commit, not panicked. I am more concerned with where we sit with the highest rated Florida kids right now, we got 2 last year thank God but we have taken a beating on them for the most part recently.

Long way to go, I think you guys think we/I am panicking, it's just discussion to me is all

I know still is very early in this recruiting cycle plus the NCAA dead period extension didn't help; but are seasoned recruiting contributors concerns about the lack of news in the Miami recruiting trail? Currently, we have one verbal commitment and no noise on anybody. The only recruit we heard about was Isiah Bond and he just gave verbal to gayturds. When compared nationally and against our main competitors, it seem we are being left behind or there is no that much noise about um recruiting.

maybe this is the way it looks to an outsider like me but I thought with the addition of T rob and the Ishmael Aristide to the coaching staff that there would be more excitement or more noise in recruiting process.

I know it was posted in a different thread but its worthwhile mentioning as a comparison: FSU is building a nice class ( i was very surprised they got a verbal from AJ Duff) if they all stick or not it remains to be seen but until they don't we have to go by what the current class is. Also, some of the 2022 mock recruiting classes don't look like a class that will get us closer to acc championship much less a natty

Are any of the contributor with inside knowledge in miami recruiting have the same concerns or its a matter time until we can start having camps, 7's on 7', paradise camp etc?

off seasons blues!!!
GO CANES!!!

It's wait and see time. Manny is betting the house on himself and making this season his Maginot Line. He knows he's got to win on the field and do so in a big way or he'll be out of his dream job and his career will take a pretty major turn in direction.

If it works out, and we can keep it close with Baga and clem$on and win all our other games with the exception of a good showing against a major opponent in a NY6 game (win or lose, it has to be competitive), I think he'll have a shot at creating sustainable success here, and that includes a very solid recruiting class with (on paper) all the parts and pieces that go into that.

As others have alluded to, it seems this class is going to be a little bit on the smaller side, as Manny seems intent on bringing in a handful more transfers this summer that can make an immediate impact on the 2021 season.

For better or worse, while he is betting big on himself, he is also gambling with the future foundation of the program.

Give the guy credit for being relatively consistent in his approach, and his confidence and balls. He doesn't seem to be pussyfooting around, and I actually appreciate that he's been a lot more quiet about going about his business.

I've been pretty strongly on record that I don't think Manny is the goods and that he especially doesn't have the support from the school and AD that he needs to succeed. I think we go down in flames this year and end up being set back pretty badly from a talent and numbers perspective for years to come. That being said, that's what's going on, and I really hope that Manny proves me wrong.

TLDR - reason to be concerned, but Manny is executing his vision which does make sense, and we're just going to have to wait and see how it plays out. HAVE to win on the field in 2021.

Advertisement
Back