Recruiting in the 954

Port Knox

Hollywood Cole
I know the obvious names we are after...Sony, J. Grace, maybe Deeb in time. Anyone have a list of some other big time talent in Broward that we may be looking at? Cypress Bay has given us 2 for this class. What ever happenned to all the recruiting from Dillard, Boyd Anderson, McAurthur, Ely? Used to be flooded with studs. D$? Pistol Pete? Bueller? Bueller?

Advertisement
Boyd Anderson also has a big Haitian Ol that could end up being recruited..I think his last name is Jean-Felix or something like that.

Deeb from american heritage just got a FSU offer.... also has Penn State and ND.... still doesnt have one from Miami

Advertisement
McArthur has a kid that will be camping at Miami that I like a lot. Jeremy Benjamin is his name.

Hallandale has 2 2014 safeties and 2015 cb who look like they posess bcs level talent.

Last edited:
Boyd Anderson also has a big Haitian Ol that could end up being recruited..I think his last name is Jean-Felix or something like that.

Like with all kids from Boyd, grades are an issue.

His name is Sandley Jean-Felix and grades are not an issue. He's a bright kid with a HUGE upside. He doesn't know how much talent he has. Don't stereotype Boyd Anderson kids because Sandley is nothing like Demar Dorsey.

Advertisement

His name is Sandley Jean-Felix and grades are not an issue. He's a bright kid with a HUGE upside. He doesn't know how much talent he has. Don't stereotype Boyd Anderson kids because Sandley is nothing like Demar Dorsey.

Uh you can say he doesn't have grade issues but he missed his Junior season because of grades.

Uh you can say he doesn't have grade issues but he missed his Junior season because of grades.

You know what you are correct. I mixed he and another offensive lineman From Boyd Anderson up. That kid has since transferred to Northeast. It still isn't fair to stereotype every kid from a school.

Ely has a few kids in the next couple years that are going to be heavily recruited. Devante Peete is one of them (2015). I guess he turned some heads this past weekend competing against the seniors and he likes Miami.

Ely has a few kids in the next couple years that are going to be heavily recruited. Devante Peete is one of them (2015). I guess he turned some heads this past weekend competing against the seniors and he likes Miami.

Don't they all, but when it comes down to putting pen to paper.....

Advertisement

True true. Things are changing though.

Let's hope so. Anymore, the phrase "grew up a 'cane fan" is the kiss of death.

Let's hope so. Anymore, the phrase "grew up a 'cane fan" is the kiss of death.

I know what you mean but think, Olsen, Dobard, Bryant, all guys who grew up rooting for us and have so far made good on that. I think we have really dropped the ball in the past on guys who wanted to be Canes and we let other places get in their ears early.

Advertisement
Golden seems to be capitalizing more on the "grew up a Canes fan" contingent.

Not only that, but it seems like AG is capitalizing on kids who know the amount of work it takes to be great. Although I was annoyed with the Stephon Diggs and Eddie Goldmans, supposed "long time Canes fans", I do feel the classes AG has assembled so far are not only talented and love the U, but they also realize their not gonna be great just because everyone has told them they are. Please excuse my green and orange glasses.

Golden seems to be capitalizing more on the "grew up a Canes fan" contingent.

Not only that, but it seems like AG is capitalizing on kids who know the amount of work it takes to be great. Although I was annoyed with the Stephon Diggs and Eddie Goldmans, supposed "long time Canes fans", I do feel the classes AG has assembled so far are not only talented and love the U, but they also realize their not gonna be great just because everyone has told them they are. Please excuse my green and orange glasses.

Yeah it's the early relationships that are going to pay off IMO. Per many recruiting "insiders" this staff is outworking any they have ever seen as far as the underclassmen go. With kids rarely being able to fly under the radar anymore, these early relationships and bonds are what is going to pan out for us.

Say what you want about his on-field coaching but Jimbo has long been a relentless recruiter. He was everywhere getting in these kids ears back before he was a head coach. Guys who have followed recruiting closely for years can back up his work ethic. You can see his style paying off for them and I expect an even better return for us because we will do better on the field.

Ok, time to put my goggles away!

Advertisement
Back