Recruiting excuses

should start the annual Cane's Haters Ball, you got plenty of contestants on here….

I am a hater because some of the logic used here is funny to me? Ok.

Maybe I'm being insensitive about it, but don't get mad at me for seeing what you obviously refuse to believe.

I'm not the one making excuses.

WTF do i refuse to believe?

Every opposed view on this ******* site now makes someone a "blind Golden apologist"! Its annoying as ****!

and believe it or not, some kids really do leave Miami because:

a. They got paid
b. Admissions issues at UM
c. the Cloud (not this year, but for the past 3classes)
d. They want a real college environment and a big fan base with big game atmosphere (SEC)

But, i also realize that they leave cause our defensive scheme sucks and they want to be in a scheme that puts them in a position to succeed. Or some leave like Cook, JC and Lane, cause they're front runners and want to be on the team that just won the title and has the heisman winner.

More frustrating, they leave cause we didn't recruit them. Mckenzie, Sean White, Skai Moore,…

All of this is true.

Advertisement
You missed a bunch of stuff. For a full listing, click on CAPS4LIFE's username, got to activity and recent porsts. It's all there.

:ibisroflmao:

SOLID - you forgot "Fans being mean on Twitter"

Me? No way bra. Just repeating what was said by a few kids named... um.... oh yeah, Chad Thomas and Demetrius Jackson. Later what was written by Kevin Beard to all UM fans too. But hey... what do THEY know right??? Lulz...

Yet you continually bash kids in here. Appears you have trouble believing your own bull****.

I bashed ONE kid. Who has never indicated in the slightest bit he has any intrest in coming here. BUT.. you are correct, I did, and I admitted it and acknowledged what I did. I had it in my head that he was an EE because of his close attachement with the other EE, and so I made a snide comment about him.

I readily admit it and agreed that it was inappropriate. Please show me where I "continually" bashed kids here though. UM Recruits aside from that ONE kid, that I acknowledged. Ill wait for your well thought out response. Lulz...

The funny thing is, the ones bashing coaches never go on twitter or message boards and bash the kids.

Funny huh.

You missed a bunch of stuff. For a full listing, click on CAPS4LIFE's username, got to activity and recent porsts. It's all there.

Me? No way bra. Just repeating what was said by a few kids named... um.... oh yeah, Chad Thomas and Demetrius Jackson. Later what was written by Kevin Beard to all UM fans too. But hey... what do THEY know right??? Lulz...

Strictly a phenomena for UM fans right?

Seems legit.

IDGAF about "other fans". Chad Thomas and Demtrius Jackson didnt call out "other" fans, they were disgusted by MIAMI fans. Kevin Beard, didnt call out "other" fans, he was directing his comments to CANES Fans. Teddy Bridgewater doesnt hate "other" fans, he hates UM fans.

UGA, Bama, FSU, UF, UT, Tenn, etc..etc.. can ususally put butts in the seats. We have more fans online insulting players, than we do showing up to games.

Advertisement
Here are the CIS handbook for porsters recruiting excuses section. Some interesting stuff, check it out.

Pick any of these when:

(a) A kid commits to another school

(b) A kid decommits

1. He wants to play now and we can't offer immediate playing time.

2. He wants to play for a program that is winning now.

3. UM did everything they could, kid just wants to get away.

4. He is scared of competition.

5. He got paid.

6. The cloud.

7. Grades.

When assessing which excuse to use, make sure to overlook:

(a) other program's depth chart.

(b) other program's recruiting classes.

(c) other program's previous recruiting history versus winning/loss record -Unless said program has been Elite for more than four years, which should refer you immediately to Excuse number (2).

Other helpful tips: If said recruit is committed to an SEC school, you should always use Excuse (5). It is always the recruit's fault if somehow they are not enrolled, admitted, or given an offer.

OK, so if those are the EXCUSES for kids choosing other schools, then what are the actual REASONS for so many kids choosing other schools. Assuming that most of them didn't just flip a coin or get mindlessly manipulated, there must be aspects of their final choices that they really like a lot. What are they?

Last edited:
There's only one reason a kid doesn't commit to Miami.

We didn't sell them the program, plain and simple.

I understand, certain kids want to leave, etc

but that should not occur on a regular basis.

We miss more than we hit on the elite talent.

That's a problem and solely rests on the Athletic department, but mainly with our recruiters.

More and more good players in our backyard are losing respect for this program.

Last edited:

Strictly a phenomena for UM fans right?

Seems legit.

Only UM fans are mean on social media. Fans of all those other high-end bastions of academia and class like Alabama, LSU and Gainesville refuse to type messages without their white gloves on. They're all spitting out multi-syllabic congratulatory messages to recruits who jilt them or to coaches they don't like.

That's a problem and solely rests on the Athletic department, but mainly with our recruiters.

I think you underestimate the kids' perspicacity and overestimate their malleability. The last time you bought a car or a house, for instance, do you feel that you just got "sold" by the slickest salesman, or would you say that you (personally) exercised some intelligence and insight from your side?

Advertisement

This is what it boils down to folks. If the social media such was SUCH a factor (not saying it isn't completely non), then why haven't Chad Thomas & Demetrius Jackson decommitted? I mean they're so disgusted with UM fans right?

Also why isn't phenomena more widespread? Recruits should be flip flopping constantly over this. I guess I have forgotten the proper decorum exhibited by fans from Ole Miss, Arkansas, UF , Bama etc etc etc on social media.

Last edited:

I think you underestimate the kids' perspicacity and overestimate their malleability. The last time you bought a car or a house, for instance, do you feel that you just got "sold" by the slickest salesman, or would you say that you (personally) exercised some intelligence and insight from your side?

Think it about it carefully. If a recruit has exercised intelligently and used insight to pick a program. That should tell you something is wrong with this picture, specifically this program when we're missing elite players in our backyard to programs with more depth than us.

This is what it boils down to folks. If the social media such was SUCH a factor (not saying it isn't completely non), then why haven't Chad Thomas & Demetrius Jackson decommitted? I mean they're so disgusted with UM fans right?

Also why isn't phenomena more widespread? Recruits should be flip flopping constantly over this. I guess I have forgotten the proper decorum exhibited by fans from Ole Miss, Arkansas, UF , Bama etc etc etc on social media.

I hate to say it but give them some time

Advertisement
should start the annual Cane's Haters Ball, you got plenty of contestants on here….

I am a hater because some of the logic used here is funny to me? Ok.

Maybe I'm being insensitive about it, but don't get mad at me for seeing what you obviously refuse to believe.

I'm not the one making excuses.

WTF do i refuse to believe?

Every opposed view on this ******* site now makes someone a "blind Golden apologist"! Its annoying as ****!

and believe it or not, some kids really do leave Miami because:

a. They got paid
b. Admissions issues at UM
c. the Cloud (not this year, but for the past 3classes)
d. They want a real college environment and a big fan base with big game atmosphere (SEC)

But, i also realize that they leave cause our defensive scheme sucks and they want to be in a scheme that puts them in a position to succeed. Or some leave like Cook, JC and Lane, cause they're front runners and want to be on the team that just won the title and has the heisman winner.

More frustrating, they leave cause we didn't recruit them. Mckenzie, Sean White, Skai Moore,…

I agree with your post, the thing is with the deficiencies on the field, we need the best evaluator and best mind changer in the game if we think we will ever get back to the ship with this regime.

Since we don't have the best x's and o's coaches, we need the best evaluator in the game. Golden is no Butch.

Solid work Mods. Letting a thread like this even exist. There is no way to even discuss this without calling out other posters.

As far as kids leaving, there are reasons why some kids leave, AKA excuses. Some are legit some are B.S. I am sure when we get low on schollys late in the year it is tough for a coach to try to get those last few spots filled. If you want to call something an excuse then go ahead. Hey why aren't you a multi millionaire? Ohh thats just a b.s. excuse! LOL

Advertisement
How's this for an excuse. There are over 120 division 1 football programs in this country. And most of them now recruit So Fla heavily. Everyone knows about South Florida now. And with email, text, you tube, twitter, etc. it's easier than ever for coaches from anywhere to keep tabs on and keep in touch with recruits. That pretty much nullifies most of the advantage a local school would have. Couple that with the fact that we have not been a dominant program for over a decade, we have to tread very carefully on recruiting because of probation and the NCAA mess, and that players these days are all looking for instant gratification, early playing time, and programs that fit them better, and there is going to be a large number of local kids that go elsewhere every year.

As we get better, we will win more if the close battles, but this doesn't happen over night. Butch wasn't grab ing every top rated player in SoFla either. And he was much closer to the UM glory era than the current staff.

This is just common sense and reality. Some people don't want to accept it but it doesn't change it. This isn't 1989 anymore.

But seriously any kid from S. Fla that is a 4* or better, that doesn't chose Miami is a traitor, and Golden and the staff are completely incompetent. And **** him for recruiting guys from Jersey and the northeast! This **** is unacceptable, our roster should have 120 guys all from S. Fla, and all 3* or better. No excuses.

Here are the CIS handbook for porsters recruiting excuses section. Some interesting stuff, check it out.

Pick any of these when:

(a) A kid commits to another school

(b) A kid decommits

1. He wants to play now and we can't offer immediate playing time.

2. He wants to play for a program that is winning now.

3. UM did everything they could, kid just wants to get away.

4. He is scared of competition.

5. He got paid.

6. The cloud.

7. Grades.

When assessing which excuse to use, make sure to overlook:

(a) other program's depth chart.

(b) other program's recruiting classes.

(c) other program's previous recruiting history versus winning/loss record -Unless said program has been Elite for more than four years, which should refer you immediately to Excuse number (2).

Other helpful tips: If said recruit is committed to an SEC school, you should always use Excuse (5). It is always the recruit's fault if somehow they are not enrolled, admitted, or given an offer.

Lame. Yet another gayass thread.

Thanks for taking the time to put it all together though. At least you found it amusing.

Advertisement
Back