Recruiting Confidential Florida

Two of our 3 literally just enrolled and the third 5 star we signed is now a 5th string running back at UF.
Facts. It’s not just about signing the 5 star or blue chip kids. They have to be the RIGHT kids, if you’re gonna turn your program around. ****, LinGodAwful couldn’t see the field here, so he transferred to UiF, and guess what? He’s even lower on the depth chart up there…. with more experience 😂🤣😂. Culture had to change first. They had to make Miami a place that kids wanted to be at and stay at (how many transferred out?) ✅. Then recruit better, and we’re seemingly headed that way✅ (Quality over quantity). Now, the most important thing is putting a winning product on the field. If Manny can do that… we’ll be on our way back to the elite.

Advertisement
The thing that had me cracking up is the differences in responses to the same question from different coaches..

Question: How would you say school X recruits players

Coach 1: They are lazy, never been to my school and barely even electronically communicate

Coach 2: They are great!

Example

View attachment 149909
I wonder if the time Coach 2 last spoke to FSU at the coaching seminar was when they were begging him and the other HS coaches to put down the beer Manny gave them and come listen to an enlightening talk by Corch Willie.

And signing King was a huge part of the difference between the horrid 2019 campaign and the 2020 campaign. Now you have Van Dyke and Garcia in the wings, and the QB position has crazy potential.
As good as King has been on the field, his greatest impact has been his leadership in changing the culture of the team. He’s been a huge benefit to Manny in that regard. Thankfully, it appears Van Dyke and Garcia are well suited to carry on that role.

Ahmmon Richards losing his career definitely impacted our recruiting advantage in H2H battles. He was really special and had a chance to be the next dominant Canes Wr in the league. When he retired it hurts us on many levels.

For one reason or another, we haven’t had a freshman WR come in and get any significant playing time since Ahmmon, much less have the impact he had his freshman year. Really need that to start changing to give us an opportunity to compete in these H2H battles. Hopefully that starts with our most recent class of Brinson, George and Smith. Need one of those dudes to have an impact this year.

yep. look at the the trifecta of king/van dyke/garcia and tell me that's not light years over anything we've had the past 5 years

With the exceptions of Morris and Kaaya, the QB room has been an absolute disaster since Kyle Wright. Guys like Marve, Freeman, Harris and Rosier had absolutely no business starting at QB at The U.

Advertisement
The thing that had me cracking up is the differences in responses to the same question from different coaches..

Question: How would you say school X recruits players

Coach 1: They are lazy, never been to my school and barely even electronically communicate

Coach 2: They are great!

Example

View attachment 149909

I have a feeling that Coach 2 is Uncle Luke. He mentioned talking to Norvell at a conference in a tweet, and I can see FSU never visiting Edison.

Someone already stated. We are improving and need to compete at a level that is no embarrassing. Actually putting up a fight against the bamas and Clemsons is a great start. Having a QB that is capable of holding us up with great consistent play to keep us in games. If we can win a big game soon maybe we launch like a virgin red rocket.

Facts. It’s not just about signing the 5 star or blue chip kids. They have to be the RIGHT kids, if you’re gonna turn your program around. ****, LinGodAwful couldn’t see the field here, so he transferred to UiF, and guess what? He’s even lower on the depth chart up there…. with more experience 😂🤣😂. Culture had to change first. They had to make Miami a place that kids wanted to be at and stay at (how many transferred out?) ✅. Then recruit better, and we’re seemingly headed that way✅ (Quality over quantity). Now, the most important thing is putting a winning product on the field. If Manny can do that… we’ll be on our way back to the elite.
They have done a good job of not only appealing to recruits but making it a place where guys want to stay and win instead of just jumping to the draft as soon as they’re eligible. That needed to be addressed if they were ever going to win consistently again. Now they need to translate that to the field

Advertisement
I have a feeling that Coach 2 is Uncle Luke. He mentioned talking to Norvell at a conference in a tweet, and I can see FSU never visiting Edison.
I don't know Florida high school football coaches (or really any high school football coaches), but it sure seemed from their descriptions of the coaches and the answers they gave throughout the article that it people would probably be able to figure out who they were. I am not going to post the entire article with all of the answers, but this is their description of the coaches:

1626530842097.png

FIU doesn't count Saban can't cure FIU. U need the support up top from a power 5 to match with a great HC that can sell.
Boosters, analysts, kids willing to work. Youndont see a lot of NIL talk from Saban he knows winning chips gets you drafted. He can show all the parents how many first and second players have been drafted since 2012.. How much that will set them up for life.

Advertisement
Back