Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
The point I’m making is why does that matter? We haven’t filled our needs so who cares how our class is ranked? The only reason people will bring up the rankings is to try to dispel the notion that this class is a complete failure.
It ISNT a complete failure it’s just incomplete as it stands right now and given the abomination of a season we just had who wouldn’t take that? What do people not get about that? We could have had Chaney ,rivers, Roberts, chantz, Redding and others etc flipping elsewhere, not landing knighton and Harrell etc. but it didn’t happen...

Regardless There is still time to add players in the next signing period and through the portal if need be. There is still premium talent whether they hit on all of their needs already or not. Plenty of teams still have to complete their class between now and the final signing period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The way things are going I fully expect Knighton to hold off on signing and flip to FSU I mean did we really just whiff on everyone?

Hopefully when La Tech pounds the breaks off of us like 34-10 Manuelita wakes up from his utopian fantasy that he's the Miami head coach because we will absolutely lose to one of UAB and Temple next year at this rate.

I pray for the day an OC is hired that understands modern college offenses and knows how to minimize weaknesses of an OL. All this OL talk will go the way of the DT talk that was a staple of this board during the Golden era. Hire a guy that gets it please. No OL we realistically have a shot at is gonna look good in this system. So I'm not even stressing. Get and OC and OL who know what they're doing. No way the guys on the roster are being put in the best positions to play well.

Advertisement
Hate posts like this, come tf on with the bullsh*t...

It's not gonna happen I know it's very negative but I'm just saying nothing would surprise me with this staff at this point. **** we thought Height was 1000% committed right?

I pray for the day an OC is hired that understands modern college offenses and knows how to minimize weaknesses of an OL. All this OL talk will go the way of the DT talk that was a staple of this board during the Golden era. Hire a guy that gets it please. No OL we realistically have a shot at is gonna look good in this system. So I'm not even stressing. Get and OC and OL who know what they're doing. No way the guys on the roster are being put in the best positions to play well.
You hit the nail on the head, scheme matters more than offensive line talent period. At least with an advanced modern scheme you have a Chance to work around talent deficiencies. even with a great oline in a bad offensive system(see Uga) you still we see some struggles offensively

Okay question when you go 6-6 what type of recruiting do you guys expect ? I mean tbh for a team that finished 6-6 i think we’re doing fine in the recruiting part... i mean not keen on recruiting across the country but **** how many 6-6 teams have multiple top players at their position on their boards? I’d imagine we’d be the only one so man idk what else you guys want.

What we are seeing now is ultimately a byproduct of losing to GT, FIU, DUKE etc.
Teams you had more than enough talent to beat.
So I would say that here is what we want......stop losing to BAD teams so recruting is not so difficult....and never lose to fiu let alone a BAD fiu team.
Not complicated.

Advertisement
You hit the nail on the head, scheme matters more than offensive line talent period. At least with an advanced modern scheme you have a Chance to work around talent deficienciesz even with a great oline in a bad offensive system(see Uga) you still we see some struggles offensively

I think Manny is too smart to stick with Enos so I'm assuming we're hiring a new OC, but tons of questions remain:

- Will he purge the crappy recruiters on offense ala Stubbs and Barry along with Enos (if they don't just leave with him on their own)?
- Will he cut ties with the crappy recruiters on defense who are his best pals?
- Can he make the right hires round 2 that can not only recruit, but more importantly develop the current talent on the roster?
- Can he bring in the right OC that will assert a style of play that he promised upon his hiring?

you can't even get excited about the class, cause you know who is going to be coaching them up. It's amazing that we keep getting top classes for the coastal and can't even win the dam coastal : This is systematic problem, don't know who to even blame anymore. We can't even identified what a good head coach should look like.

Advertisement
1576603268237.png

We paid Temple $4 million to keep this from happening.

Never forget.

When is this historical precedent at THIS position , people just love being pessimistic

Of course there is a historical precedent for us falling on signing day.
And at this point brock it isn't being pessimistic.....its just reality.
How many times do you have to see the same **** before it becomes intellectually dishonest to call it as anything else.

Who’s realistically left for us out there at OL???

This is why I said that we need 3 OLs from the portal.

We need an IMMEDIATE change. We need to have guys jumpstart the OL room the way that KJ Osborne jumpstarted the WR room.

We need 2 years for certain young OLs to develop.

Advertisement
Of course there is a historical precedent for us falling on signing day.
And at this point brock it isn't being pessimistic.....its just reality.
How many times do you have to see the same **** before it becomes intellectually dishonest to call it as anything else.
I’m saying at the rb position which is what i specified

It ISNT a complete failure it’s just incomplete as it stands right now and given the abomination of a season we just had who wouldn’t take that? What do people not get about that? We could have had Chaney ,rivers, Roberts, chantz, Redding and others etc flipping elsewhere, not landing knighton and Harrell etc. but it didn’t happen...

Regardless There is still time to add players in the next signing period and through the portal if need be. There is still premium talent whether they hit on all of their needs already or not. Plenty of teams still have to complete their class between now and the final signing period.

People absolutely understand what is going on after this awful season. But the point most people are making is, the awful season is Manny’s fault. You can’t on one hand say he’s doing great salvaging a class after going 6-6 without attributing the 6-6 to him as well. It’s all on him. And what’s in the class right now, isn’t good enough addressing our needs to bail him out of the hole he’s dug himself

Advertisement
Back