Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
Not surprising the latest update. I’d be even more surprised if the 20 committed actually sign papers tmw with UM. That would be a huge WIN for Diaz! Somehow he’s selling gold in the murky Coral Gables waterway...

Advertisement
Manny Diaz is the worst recruiter on the staff though and he’s the HC... you look at the top schools, their HC can close so they expect their assistants to be able to close too.
I can Only imagine the cringe of Diaz conducting an In home visit lol. If there was one thing richt could do Is that he could do that well, we don’t even have THAT anymore

Advertisement
How is it a good class? Because we filled high rated recruits in positions that we don't desperately need (and don't utilize correctly on offense/defense)

This class SUCKS from a team specific metric. Linebacker whiff, True Corner's Major Whiff, O-line LOL what a whiff.

Yeah this class might be rated top 25 on ESPN and to the media but the true fans know this class is an abomination and is a toll tale sign we aren't better at positions of DIRE need. CLASS GRADE: C-

HUUUUGE Facts.. yes, we have good prospects..but our positions of need are not being answered at all.. Crazy how last year the board destroyed Taggarts class on being so out of balance, Mullen For signing kids that wouldnt qualify to boost rankings, and now here we are, glamouring over a top 15 recruiting class that doesn't answer our terrible O line recruiting or Lbs...

WE STARTED 2 freshman on the Oline... Unless your name is Neal there is no way you should have started as a freshman.. Look at the dominant teams, and how many o lineman they bring in each year. until we start building the oline we are never going to have different results..

And don't forget, we had to start a walk on linebacker. I understand the injury's we have had, but this should never be the case.

I do mortgages for a living, and never played ball past high school, and blows my mind that i and half this board can see the discrepancy that our coaching staff cannot.

The biggest issue I have with this class is we did not address the 3 biggest positions of need this cycle: OL, DB, and LB.

2 OL with 1 as a developmental project
1 CB that played WR in high school and likely not ready next year
2 LB, neither with high ceilings or "wow" type film
I agree with everything except the lb part, however solely because of TAC. Really good film and measurables, can’t wait for him to get on campus

Okay question when you go 6-6 what type of recruiting do you guys expect ? I mean tbh for a team that finished 6-6 i think we’re doing fine in the recruiting part... i mean not keen on recruiting across the country but **** how many 6-6 teams have multiple top players at their position on their boards? I’d imagine we’d be the only one so man idk what else you guys want.
How about NOT going 6-6

Advertisement
They are also missing the little fishes at the end that would have helped (admittedly only a little) in addressing these issues.

i agree we miss on the depth guys, with the portal nowadays I’m not sure if it’s better to get a transfer or a fringe player. The fringe players seem to not make it more than a year or two before they transfer. Might be better to hunt the portal for more value.

Just waiting for the early signing day to pass so we can hope for change. The kids we sign tomorrow and THAT is what we should look foward too

It's a good class and I'm pumped about the guys coming in but being left at the altar for the 537297396th time for the bigger names stings. I am not looking forward to tomorrow lmao.

It's a good class and I'm pumped about the guys coming in but being left at the altar for the 537297396th time for the bigger names stings. I am not looking forward to tomorrow lmao.
At this point I’m just ready to get it over with, I’m excited about the guys we are signing tommorow but a bit bummed we missed on some recruits but at the end of the day it is what it is

Advertisement
The thought is the losses at the end of the year hurt UM here more than they anticipated.

This is a great example of how clueless this staff is :snoopfacepalm:
I didnt know how to respond to this statement...."..the thought is the losses at the end of the year hurt UM here more than they anticipated...", for anyone to not even consider that those losses hurt us is insane. They absolutely hurt us, we had a HUGE opportunity to prove that we were, at least, trying to right the ship by dominating both of those teams. What does our coaching staff, and team, decide to do?

Completely **** the bed!!!

oh, and to everyone's surprise, recruits were paying attention. This program is STILL going NO-WHERE and instead of it being a fast process, its like a long as jagged, and dull, blade that keeps twisting as it passes through as slow as it can possibly be.

HUUUUGE Facts.. yes, we have good prospects..but our positions of need are not being answered at all.. Crazy how last year the board destroyed Taggarts class on being so out of balance, Mullen For signing kids that wouldnt qualify to boost rankings, and now here we are, glamouring over a top 15 recruiting class that doesn't answer our terrible O line recruiting or Lbs...

WE STARTED 2 freshman on the Oline... Unless your name is Neal there is no way you should have started as a freshman.. Look at the dominant teams, and how many o lineman they bring in each year. until we start building the oline we are never going to have different results..

And don't forget, we had to start a walk on linebacker. I understand the injury's we have had, but this should never be the case.

I do mortgages for a living, and never played ball past high school, and blows my mind that i and half this board can see the discrepancy that our coaching staff cannot.
Let's also address the fact that we don't run the ball and when we do it is schematically innefective so LOL at our STACKED rb class. D Line pull solid as ****, but let's watch our d ends line up wide covering receivers like we saw garvin do all season. So many Slow Safety's, exactly what hurt us this year. Solid receiver class but we don't get the ball to our recievers well schematically and we have 2 knuckle head qb's so those pulls are null as well. The top end talent in this class are at null positions due to innefective scheme and development (outside of rivers). The class is a massive failure unless staff changes are made. period.

Advertisement
Okay question when you go 6-6 what type of recruiting do you guys expect ? I mean tbh for a team that finished 6-6 i think we’re doing fine in the recruiting part... i mean not keen on recruiting across the country but **** how many 6-6 teams have multiple top players at their position on their boards? I’d imagine we’d be the only one so man idk what else you guys want.

It's deeper than that though. Just because you have a bad season or multiple bad seasons, does mean it is acceptable to hardly get any OL, CB or LBs, all positions of dire need. No one should be expecting Flowe or Washington, but **** we should at least be able to sign SOMEONE on the OL and CB. Signing day is tomorrow and they have no backup plan as usual. It's like Barry and Rumph did no recruiting at all. I would fire them both after signing day.

Advertisement
Back