Recruit reaction thread

Tempering excitement to a degree because right now it's just a bunch of tweets, but first appearances show a lot of big recruits just never took Manny and the program seriously. It's like gravitas matters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How are up north kids saying “the crib”?

Did the term change meanings?
It’s only “the crib” to local kids…maybe I’m getting old

How are up north kids saying “the crib”?

Did the term change meanings?
It’s only “the crib” to local kids…maybe I’m getting old
AND, is "The Crib" specific to Miami, or is this applied to any home town?

The way it's being used regarding UM seems to imply that even non-Miami or Floridians, understand that there are cribs, but "The Crib" is specifically connected to the 305...?

Please help!!

Advertisement
The Crib is specific to Miami. Miami is the Crib.
That's what I thought.

An LA guy could say he wants to stay in the crib and that means, he's going to SC or UCLA, but "The Crib" because of the two 30/30's and all that the U has brought to CFB AND being the most recognizable urban football program (USC is associated with a lot of posh 1%ers, so not an urban vibe), I do think that specific term, is for the 305.

Thanks for the help, fam!

Crib was popularized by Nesta. Not saying it wasn't used by others in different places and times, but it was Nesta that said "Why not make the "Crib" great." Then you started seeing Miami shirts with "Crib" on it so on and so forth.

I believe S. Fla. kids adopted that term for Miami being "The Crib". Why I feel Brantley was saying don't yell "Crib", and he was a Miami Northwestern kid if I remember correctly.

Advertisement
That's what I thought.

An LA guy could say he wants to stay in the crib and that means, he's going to SC or UCLA, but "The Crib" because of the two 30/30's and all that the U has brought to CFB AND being the most recognizable urban football program (USC is associated with a lot of posh 1%ers, so not an urban vibe), I do think that specific term, is for the 305.

Thanks for the help, fam!
Which is hilarious because UM is located in a posh 1% neighborhood and USC is actually in the hood.

Advertisement
Eff it.
"THE CRIB" is OUR term.

Trendsetters.
“Trendsetter I’m better my rhymes are good
I got a gourmet plate that says I wish you would”

For 100 points name the artist, and for another 100 points name the song

Watts if I recall. Didn't a player get shot while at practice when Pete was coaching there?
Watts is south of downtown LA. USC is to the west. I don’t know the name of the neighborhood but I was just there last month. It’s not the worst place but it’s pretty crappy

Advertisement
Back