Record vs. "Improvement"

People are still pretending we lost to a 5 win Duke team, lol.

huh

people act like that loss to duke was terrible, it wasn't, duke was a solid team, with a good coach that's been building that program for 7 years. Our worst loss last year was VT, and we had too many special teams turnovers to allow us to win that game..

The loss to Duke was bad. We gave up 48 points, that was tied for the most they scored all season. We had the lead 17-7 at the end of the first quarter and was driving at the start of the second (thanks Morris).

Somehow NC Central, Memphis, Troy and Navy held them to under 45 points. This game was bad. It is one thing to lose a nail bitter, it is another thing to allow 48 points to Duke.

i count "good and bad" losses depending on the quality of the team the play.. yes.. losing 40- 0 is a bad loss.. but if that's against the best team in the country, it's whatever... losing 35 - 21 to a "decent" team, or losing 35-21 to a mediocre team ( VT) i'm going to count the loss to a mediocre team as a worse loss.

You can define the Duke loss as good or bad.

IMO it was atrocious. 48 points. 48 points.

The VT game was terrible as well.

Advertisement

people act like that loss to duke was terrible, it wasn't, duke was a solid team, with a good coach that's been building that program for 7 years. Our worst loss last year was VT, and we had too many special teams turnovers to allow us to win that game..

The loss to Duke was bad. We gave up 48 points, that was tied for the most they scored all season. We had the lead 17-7 at the end of the first quarter and was driving at the start of the second (thanks Morris).

Somehow NC Central, Memphis, Troy and Navy held them to under 45 points. This game was bad. It is one thing to lose a nail bitter, it is another thing to allow 48 points to Duke.

i count "good and bad" losses depending on the quality of the team the play.. yes.. losing 40- 0 is a bad loss.. but if that's against the best team in the country, it's whatever... losing 35 - 21 to a "decent" team, or losing 35-21 to a mediocre team ( VT) i'm going to count the loss to a mediocre team as a worse loss.

So you would have felt better about it had we lost to Duke 14-6?

THERE IS NO EXCUSE SINCE 1983 FOR EVER LOSING TO DUKE IN FOOTBALL EVER

The Duke loss was worst. If we won it we would've finished 6-2 in the Coastal. VT and Duke would've been 5-3. We would've been Coastal champs.

The Duke loss was worst. If we won it we would've finished 6-2 in the Coastal. VT and Duke would've been 5-3. We would've been Coastal champs.

No doubt it was a gut wrenching loss due to the implications of it. I was sick for week.
The point that was being made however that Duke was a quality team and losing to them by giving up 48 or only 14 is the same thing and doesn't add the loss or make it better or worse.

Advertisement
You got so called Cane fans calling last years version of Duke. A quality team.

You got some trying to use the fact that they played aTm close. To support that fact.

aTm defense was a dumpster fire last season themselves. Made our defense look stellar.

There is no reason in the world. That even in a miracle season. Should Duke ever beat us.

You guys can tell yourself's what you need too. In order for you to feel good about whats happening, but Golden should have been fired for blowing a 7-0 record, and getting his **** pushed in down the stretch. By the likes of Duke.

You got so called Cane fans calling last years version of Duke. A quality team.

You got some trying to use the fact that they played aTm close. To support that fact.

aTm defense was a dumpster fire last season themselves. Made our defense look stellar.

There is no reason in the world. That even in a miracle season. Should Duke ever beat us.

You guys can tell yourself's what you need too. In order for you to feel good about whats happening, but Golden should have been fired for blowing a 7-0 record, and getting his **** pushed in down the stretch. By the likes of Duke.

Interesting sentences. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.

Advertisement
Back