Record if TVD was the Starter All Year?

This reminds me of the "If Scott Covington had been the QB all along and not Ryan Clement would we have been better from 95-97" argument from back in 1998. That was a helluva argument in those days. Scott had us all looking at Ryan kind of sideways after that 98' season. That said, everything happened the way it was supposed to happen. Scott got his glory and Ryan got his just like King will be remembered fondly for being a soldier for us and TVD taking over and giving us hope for the future.

Advertisement
First of all this isn’t true. He has three wins vs top 25 teams.

Second of all, he played at Houston before coming to UM what kind of record vs top 25 do you expect?

Why you trying to knock the man down lmao
For whatever reason I overlooked the two massive wins over that highly ranked USF team. So I admit I made a massive mistake. King has only one win over a ranked P5 team. The other two program changing wins came when they beat those mighty, mighty USF teams. The one big win over the ranked UL team ended up being a bit of an anomaly, since UL finished the season 4-7 and just a little bit out of the top 25.

I stand by what I said. King can not beat the big boys in college football. Two wins over USF and one over a horrible UL team don't qualify as wins over top programs, no matter how you slice it.

Now do me a favor and find his big wins over good teams. I'll wait.

By the way, I don't know if TVD or Garcia is the answer. I'm not crowning anyone. All I know is our O is extremely limited with King in there.

Last edited:
U can win with TVD u just need elites around him. He will be wasted here cause the roster is unbalanced. He will be exiting when we start to stack.

I ain’t got nothing against TVD. I think he is a good young qb. I am glad to have him on the team.

But people round here losing their minds after one game. Then wanna throw D’eriq under the bus. It’s insane.

U can win with TVD u just need elites around him. He will be wasted here cause the roster is unbalanced. He will be exiting when we start to stack.
It's about coaches putting players in a position to succeed. There's plenty of teams littered in the top 25 without elite players.

Advertisement
I 100% agree with that. I just want to win the Coastal a couple years in a row(we have the talent to do that not the coaching) before I even speak of a playoff birth.
I think our talent be unbalanced ...yes we do have talent but when u can't block or generate a pass rush you can basically lose any game. So teams like UVA can beat us if they have one good NFL prospect on their DL. It's why we have some talent but up front we are trash. I don't care how good a back end is any wr can get open nowadays. We re ruined DL and OL **** for years.

Barely win one game and TVD is Tom Brady and King is Kirby Freeman 😂😂😂
Well well. This was never a bash King thread.. His legs were not the same after the injury last year and Im guessing his shoulder got messed up vs Bama. TVD has an it factor that I saw hence the OP. Most drops are on the WRs but I think even Wiggens and Pope drop a lot less balls with TVD.. He places everything in the basket while in-stride. His acuracy is very good. Hats off to Pickens though.. I know we dont give credit to the teams we play but his accuracy is elite. Incredible downfield throws all game. I heard a nation podcast describe that game as sloppy because of the penalties.. nutz, the game vs Pitt was a clinic on NFL throws from both QBs. Very fun game.

Advertisement
This is not a king bash... he was injured playing Bama.

TVD is the goods.. Watch his feet. He is a very good QB as I can see. Quick release, can run for a 3rd down, strong arm and seems acurate.
We would still be 4-4, possibly we would have won vs. UVA and UNC, but it wasn't the offense that cost us those two games. Alabama and Michigan St. as the season is showing, are very good teams and losing to them is not a shocker. The team wasn't ready for an Alabama match or Michigan St. , even with the talented Freshmen playing on defense.

Well well. This was never a bash King thread.. His legs were not the same after the injury last year and Im guessing his shoulder got messed up vs Bama. TVD has an it factor that I saw hence the OP. Most drops are on the WRs but I think even Wiggens and Pope drop a lot less balls with TVD.. He places everything in the basket while in-stride. His acuracy is very good. Hats off to Pickens though.. I know we dont give credit to the teams we play but his accuracy is elite. Incredible downfield throws all game. I heard a nation podcast describe that game as sloppy because of the penalties.. nutz, the game vs Pitt was a clinic on NFL throws from both QBs. Very fun game.

The King bashing has been rampant here.

Even I think TVD is a better fit for what Lashlee wants, but ALOT more has changed from the beginning of the season than just the quarterback. Offensive line is better. Bubble screen blocked better. MUCH better play calling.

King’s a 65% passer but CIS talking greasy like he is Malik Rosier. They even going back and discrediting what he did last year. I disagree with the Pope and Wiggins. If this year’s version of Smith and Rambo were his starting guys last year, he would have thrown for over 3000 yards.

This reminds me of the "If Scott Covington had been the QB all along and not Ryan Clement would we have been better from 95-97" argument from back in 1998. That was a helluva argument in those days. Scott had us all looking at Ryan kind of sideways after that 98' season. That said, everything happened the way it was supposed to happen. Scott got his glory and Ryan got his just like King will be remembered fondly for being a soldier for us and TVD taking over and giving us hope for the future.
Ryan Clement was the most intense quarterback I have ever seen at Miami, and one of the most intense period. Reminded me of Marino in that regard.

Advertisement
Back