RECAP: Paradise Camp delivers yet again

Advertisement
Avantae Williams (#1 safety in 20 class)
Keshawn Lawrence (#3 safety in 20 class)
Ladarius Tennison
James Williams (#1 safety in 21 class)

....smart money is we wont get either but that would fckn suck. Hopefully we can at least land 1, and 2 if we are lucky.

It would truly be a waste if Darnell Washington ends up at Bama which is most likely the case as well. The one thing Bama can say that we can’t is no matter how little they use him in college he will still be a 1st round pick.

But everyone knows he can shine at Miami even moreso than some of the others before him bc majority of the recent TEs played under **** offensive coaching / playcalling... Dan Enos could have him breaking records in this offense.

It would truly be a waste if Darnell Washington ends up at Bama which is most likely the case as well. The one thing Bama can say that we can’t is no matter how little they use him in college he will still be a 1st round pick.

But everyone knows he can shine at Miami even moreso than some of the others before him bc majority of the recent TEs played under **** offensive coaching / playcalling... Dan Enos could have him breaking records in this offense.
If dude goes to bama, prolly ends up as a LT. Top 3 pick there, too.

Advertisement
From what is being reported, these kids are convinced that we have competent coaches that can put on a good camp. They love talking to them getting to bond well with them. But it sounds like Miami will make a big impact on the recruiting trail once these kids are convinced that all of this can translate in live games!

If Manny and crew can make sound decisions coaching during games, playing exciting football and just start winning and beating the snots outta teams we suppose to, then it will be a game changer in recruiting imo!

Most of these kids want to play here, we just don't have the recent track record to give them confidence to pull the trigger!! Manny will get it done!!

Look fellas it’s simple..The kids like Tae’, Washington, JWilliams, DHarris, Flowe, Tennison and those big name types did there part. They showed up, engaged, participanted and listened. Gave us a shot. Now it’s Mannys turn. Ball is in his court. He can’t let this team **** the bed this year. Starting on Aug 24. We need to win 10 games or more this year especially with this crappy schedule. That’s the only way these types of kids will continue to listen to you in December and not send you straight to VM.

Advertisement
For all the effort that goes into this event, it doesn’t really produce more than one commitment, which I’m sure some would deem successful.

I def no longer put stock into who the coaches “feel good” about
We got four so far what you mean?

In order to keep and add-on new talent for the future, Miami will hold its third annual Paradise Camp tomorrow, with the event beginning at 6 pm. .

Q3. Which Miami target or commit will most raise their stock at the event?

Stefan
: I could go a lot of ways on this one, but I’m going to settle on McArthur LB Ruben Hyppolite here. Hyppolite has gradually been getting some respect in the rankings the past few months, but he is still rated a 3-star and that tag simply does not match up with his film. His speed from the linebacker spot is tantalizing and he has the potential to be a true sideline-to-sideline player. I can see him having a “Jahfari Harvey” type Paradise Camp and really busting out against some top-level competition in front of both the staff and the media.

Matthew: There will be much bigger names in attendance, but I am very excited to watch OT Cayden Baker. It is not a guarantee that Baker will work out due to a basketball tournament, but if he does perform, he could end up opening some eyes. Standing at 6’6’’ and only 260 pounds, Baker fits the mold of what Coach Butch Barry seems to want out of his OT recruits. Baker’s basketball background gives him mobility and athleticism that is unique at the offensive tackle position. Should he perform well, Baker may even be given the green light to commit.

@Matthew_Suero and @Stefan Adams how do you feel 2020 OT Cayden Baker and 2020 LB Ruben Hyppolite performed.

Go Canes

Yup, forgot about him.

Adding KWII takes it to 2500 receptions, 29K yards and 225 TDs.

Swoope, Richard Gordon, Dedrick Epps, Chase Ford, Asante Cleveland all cashed nfl checks.

And adds about 7-8 more tds to the total.

Just basically if you are a serviceable tight end here you have an nfl shot. Asante Cleveland was in nfl for like 3 years...i dont even remember a catch he had for us. lol

Advertisement
Swoope, Richard Gordon, Dedrick Epps, Chase Ford, Asante Cleveland all cashed nfl checks.

And adds about 7-8 more tds to the total.

Just basically if you are a serviceable tight end here you have an nfl shot. Asante Cleveland was in nfl for like 3 years...i dont even remember a catch he had for us. lol

Kevin everette as well before the injury

Advertisement
For all the effort that goes into this event, it doesn’t really produce more than one commitment, which I’m sure some would deem successful.

I def no longer put stock into who the coaches “feel good” about

All due respect, this was Diaz's first go-around—as Richt ran the event the past three years.

Curious to see the follow-up with these kids between now and NSD next February. Too early to judge how this is going to pan out for 2020. Great as the event is, it's still late June and NSD is seven months out. Kids getting caught up in their emotions and committing on the spot doesn't mean the commitment will hold, either.

Does anyone have a clip of this Tyreak Sapp pancake from yesterday? Sounds hilarious with Nesta jumping in their too

Advertisement
Back