Reason #13 while South FLA kids rule football: THE BEACH

Exactly what they say you’d do: Projecting.

So predictable and on auto-pilot

A10BADDA-A4E8-4E2A-A743-7F86C5F07C43.jpeg

Advertisement
Absolutely false. Some of the best HS players I've ever seen were lazy as ****. They came out of the womb destined to run 4.4s. Harsh reality for those of us who desperately wanted to believe that we could outwork them. That's life.
Haha. Sorry you've gone through life thinking that. You can think they were lazy but they lifted weights like clockwork, and maybe took steroids or whatever to get to that point. Doesn't mean they have a good football IQ if they didn't study the game enough, but believe what you want to believe.

Haha. Sorry you've gone through life thinking that. You can think they were lazy but they lifted weights like clockwork, and maybe took steroids or whatever to get to that point. Doesn't mean they have a good football IQ if they didn't study the game enough, but believe what you want to believe.

I've got tons of friends in the HS football coaching profession and I hear the opposite from them every time we discuss this. It's shocking how frequently the best kids on the roster are the laziest kids in the program. Some people are born special.

Good post coach.

A lot of kids work hard, not all of them are touted recruits.

Some go to lower division schools.

Some careers end in high schools, but for sure, if you look around, there are a lot of hard working athletes in south Florida.

Nice shoutout to them.
But a lot of those kids that go to lower schools ball out! And there's nothing wrong with that. Having a great college football career at Western Illinois is still something to be very proud about.

Who was the white WR from Broward that balled the **** out at D1AA school a couple years ago? His name is slipping me.
I wanna say he went to Western Michigan.

EDIT: Daniel Braverman

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've got tons of friends in the HS football coaching profession and I hear the opposite from them every time we discuss this. It's shocking how frequently the best kids on the roster are the laziest kids in the program. Some people are born special.

True but those kids usually fizzle out on the next level.

I've got a decent amount of former players throughout the country right now. Just so happens that the two who worked the hardest are currently in the NFL. The other ones that worked hard are in the process of successful college careers. The laziest one is playing at his third school right now and has yet to make an impact. (and he's probably the most physically gifted of them all)

Everybody at the major D1 level is physically gifted. Hard work is what separates them from each other.

But a lot of those kids that go to lower schools ball out! And there's nothing wrong with that. Having a great college football career at Western Illinois is still something to be very proud about.

Who was the white WR from Broward that balled the **** out at D1AA school a couple years ago? His name is slipping me.

Hes in the league. One of Sly Johnsons first kids

Wasn’t saying it as a cut or slight, I know a lot of those kids.

For whatever reason, size, late development, not enough pub, or whatever, some kids get a better opportunity in the non P5 and non G5 schools, but turn beastly where they go. NFL has plenty of examples.

My point was, and still is, a shotout to ALL hardworking high school athletes, whether they go on to play in college or not, because most don’t.

As a coach, you **** well know you’re rounding out your roster mostly with kids that ARE NOT playing at the next level. Shlt, most starters on any HS team aren’t playing at the next level. They play for the love of the game. Kudos to them.

now do 10 reasons they dont come to UM cause once they betray UM I cant root for them I dont care if they were born from the ground of sfla sand.

Advertisement
Wasn’t saying it as a cut or slight, I know a lot of those kids.

For whatever reason, size, late development, not enough pub, or whatever, some kids get a better opportunity in the non P5 and non G5 schools, but turn beastly where they go. NFL has plenty of examples.

My point was, and still is, a shotout to ALL hardworking high school athletes, whether they go on to play in college or not, because most don’t.

As a coach, you **** well know you’re rounding out your roster mostly with kids that ARE NOT playing at the next level. Shlt, most starters on any HS team aren’t playing at the next level. They play for the love of the game. Kudos to them.

I was agreeing with you, just branching off of your statement.
I should've started my post with "and" instead of "but".

Don't forget about the muck boys where I live.

It's a tradition for kids to hunt rabbits running barefoot with BB guns through the Cane fields while they are on fire.

Us folk from central florida are a bit nuts. ;)

Don't forget about the muck boys where I live.

It's a tradition for kids to hunt rabbits running barefoot with BB guns through the Cane fields while they are on fire.

Us folk from central florida are a bit nuts. ;)
The muck is in Palm Beach County not sure what that has to do with Central Florida

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back