Reason #13 while South FLA kids rule football: THE BEACH

Coach Macho

aka Beardy Ryan
Any of our recruits in this video?

SIDENOTE:
Everybody talks about the talent in South FLA but what often goes unnoticed is how hard our kids work. I can speak through firsthand experience, South FLA kids work their a$$es off year around. My buddy at Chaminade is a great motivator (light skinned dude in straw hat) and they load their kids onto a bus and take them to the beach for conditioning. I've got buddies at other programs who are driving their kids around the state to 7-on-7 tournaments right now. Many of the local QB's are throwing at least 4 days per week with their WR's. And as much as I'm not a Sly Johnson fan, his weekly camps are a huge benefit for local players.

As great as the entire state of Florida is for football, now that I live/coach in another area I can tell you for sure that nobody grinds like South Florida kids. It's a legit culture in South Florida.

Advertisement
Back in the day I remember doing that on sandbars with calve deep water keep our knees high and feet above water.

When practice started for new season my lactic acid was already gone and in was already in mid season shape and ripped through all the drills on first week in shorts while some were vomiting 🤮

This works

GOCANES

Advertisement
Any of our recruits in this video?

SIDENOTE:
Everybody talks about the talent in South FLA but what often goes unnoticed is how hard our kids work.

Talent is always a product of hard work. Hate when people act like good players are born with talent. There can be a genetic advantage, but it means nothing without working harder than everyone else.

Advertisement
And keep them home. Not sure what it's going to take to turn the corner and get the top SoFl recruits to commit
image.gif

The answer to this dilemma is so simple.
It’s a win/win and empowering for all involved, but maybe that’s the problem behind why most can’t think of what it is. Both sides desire the advantage and/or unequal gains. This desire is historically understandable from the players/kids/recruits.

Last edited:
The answer to this dilemma is so simple.
It’s a win/win and empowering for all involved, but maybe that’s the problem behind why most can’t think of what it is. Both sides desire the advantage and/or unequal gains. This desire is historically understandable from the players/kids/recruits.

7DBD83A7-5182-4D52-90B2-3763479EC983.gif

Advertisement
Good post coach.

A lot of kids work hard, not all of them are touted recruits.

Some go to lower division schools.

Some careers end in high schools, but for sure, if you look around, there are a lot of hard working athletes in south Florida.

Nice shoutout to them.

Advertisement
Talent is always a product of hard work. Hate when people act like good players are born with talent. There can be a genetic advantage, but it means nothing without working harder than everyone else.

Absolutely false. Some of the best HS players I've ever seen were lazy as ****. They came out of the womb destined to run 4.4s. Harsh reality for those of us who desperately wanted to believe that we could outwork them. That's life.

One college assistant told me Florida high schools had spring practices while many other states did not. This gave Florida kids an advantage.

Advertisement
Back