Really Really OT...Kind of: Future of Miami

"As far as the alarmist mentality, I believe this is also overstated by folks on the right. No one is saying the world is going to end in 50 to 100 years. No. One."
Apparently you are not paying attention to AOC and her mob. We have 12 years so eat drink and be merry instead of hysterical.

Advertisement
"As far as the alarmist mentality, I believe this is also overstated by folks on the right. No one is saying the world is going to end in 50 to 100 years. No. One."
Apparently you are not paying attention to AOC and her mob. We have 12 years so eat drink and be merry instead of hysterical.

If she meant it, she wouldve doubled down as she usually dies.

CLEARLY she didnt mean it literally (which is pretty obvious if you watch the clip).

So as I said, no one is really saying the world is going to end.

See, this is a post I can get with even if I disagree. In this entire thread, I have not down voted a Single Post, nor have I called any poster any type of name. (Although i did say I hate us sonetimes).

As far as the alarmist mentality, I believe this is also overstated by folks on the right. No one is saying the world is going to end in 50 to 100 years. No. One. We are saying action needs to happen now rather than later bc the consequences to come are going to fundamentally change our way of living, economy, security, and freedoms far more than any perceived changes to come from immediate action.

As for the effects on the economy, theres no evidence showing rapid and tiered action is to going wreck our economy (in fact theres an argument it will create jobs), which is long overdue for an overhaul anyway.

Americas energy apparatus is outdated and archaic. Our infrastructure is trash.Traffic congestion is only getting worse due to horrific transportation planning (which mainly revolves around depleting mass public transport) We're going to have to address these same issues one way or another. If cost effectiveness is the concern, then waiting will only make it more expensive.

There is no reason we should be burning coal for energy in the year 2019. None. Take climate change equation out of the discussion, and it still holds true. These are antiquated technologies that only exist to line the pockets of wealthy elites. I'm not naive enough to think that elites also wont profit off of Green Technologies either, but at least we wont be using the same means of production that the elites did during The Gilded Age.

As for the evidence that temps have dropped the past 15 years, that is bc of weather patterns that moved excess heat into the ocean. The surface temps cooled, but the overall temp still went up which leads to the same effects. Global warming was still (and is) occurring bc of the biosphere.

AOC, which you admit being a "fan" of is the one that claimed that climate change was her generation's WW II. Think about that. She also claimed that if we don't make dramatic changes in our lifestyle and economy that there would be irreversible damage to the climate within 12 years. She also happens to be a leftist. She, and others, are dramatizing this issue for political purposes.

As for coal being an antiquated technology, I am not sure what you mean by that. Wind power is much older but is being championed by environmentalists as an alternative energy source. Who cares? Is it viable, effective and efficient should be the main questions.

And I don't have this penchant for attacking wealthy elites. If they came by their wealth legally, more power to them. Some do more good with their money in terms of giving back than any bureaucrat spending other people's money has ever done.

AOC, which you admit being a "fan" of is the one that claimed that climate change was her generation's WW II. Think about that. She also claimed that if we don't make dramatic changes in our lifestyle and economy that there would be irreversible damage to the climate within 12 years. She also happens to be a leftist. She, and others, are dramatizing this issue for political purposes.

As for coal being an antiquated technology, I am not sure what you mean by that. Wind power is much older but is being championed by environmentalists as an alternative energy source. Who cares? Is it viable, effective and efficient should be the main questions.

And I don't have this penchant for attacking wealthy elites. If they came by their wealth legally, more power to them. Some do more good with their money in terms of giving back than any bureaucrat spending other people's money has ever done.
First off, I said I was a BIG fan 😎. I also said that despite being a big fan, she was wrong with the Green New Deal. I can be a fan and not agree with everything a person says.

Im okay w the WW 2 comment. By not dealing with Hitler early on we had to deal with him later which cost the world millions of lives, billions of dollars, and changed the global landscape, the ramifications of which we are still dealing with to this day. But when we could no longer afford to ignore what was happening, this country produced like it never had before.

Please don't confuse a wind turbine with a windmill. You're better than that, bro. The way we get energy from coal is virtually unchanged compared to the way we get power from wind today.

I have no problem with wealthy elites either, but I will call out their brand of welfare and cronyism (ex: the coal and fossil fuels industry) when I see it. It will in fact be wealthy elites who more than likely push green technologies forward.

Last edited:
Zzzzzzzzz.

Any day now guys!

Advertisement
Im okay w the WW 2 comment. By not dealing with Hitler early on we had to deal with him later which cost the world millions of lives, billions of dollars, and changed the global landscape, the ramifications of which we are still dealing with to this day. But when we could no longer afford to ignore what was happening, this country produced like it never had before.

Unlike man-made Climate Change, WW II was a real crisis, with real outcomes, observable direct causes and effects happening in real time, not future projections based on speculative numbers plugged into climate models. WW II required mass mobilization of industries, innovations in technology, and manufacturing, a transformation of our culture for the single purpose of defeating the Axis powers. She did not mean it as innocently as you framed it. She is implying she wants our country to respond the same way we did for the war effort to obtain similar transformative results but for political purposes.

Fear is a great mobilizer, even if it is not based on reality. The ends justify the means.

Advertisement

CLEARLY she didnt mean it literally (which is pretty obvious if you watch the clip).

I think it’s ironic that AOC refers to her opponents as “Dwight from the Office” in light of the fact that she is Kelly from the Office.

Hilarious.

Speaks volumes about ANYONE who follows what she says without utter contempt and derision.

Modern day snake oil salesman with healthy dose of SJW narcissism.

Advertisement
Speaks volumes about ANYONE who follows what she says without utter contempt and derision.

Modern day snake oil salesman with healthy dose of SJW narcissism.

Want to follow a sensible D?

Try Tulsi Gabbard. She has accomplished more in her little pinky than all SJWs ever will.

Advertisement
Don't worry, if Miami was to ever go under water. I will stand in UM grounds and pierce the earth to the point that all the water will rise away from UM and we will have football again!

You millennials are so stupid it's scary. You have been brainwashed, and there is plenty of evidence around but you just disregard it because your critical thinking skills have atrophied. Go watch Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth. According to Al Gore New York should be underwater right? Why is it not? You progressives love world government, well the UN's climate report in the mid-80's said the same **** thing as the crap they are feeding you now...coastal cities underwater, people starving, climate change migration. Well all that terror was suppose to happen in 30 years. That would have been 3 or 4 years ago. Has it happened? Why not? If the powers that be REALLY believed in sea level rise, and man made climate change, why are they buying $20,000,000 right next to the ocean in south Florida and the Keys? Seems like a bad investment to me!

Advertisement
Back