Really hate the using same numbers for players

Advertisement
Frankly, I don't give a crap. Having said that, my your life must be perfect to worry about such a trivial matter.

Advertisement
This isn't something to complain about as fans. It makes coaches jobs a little more difficult.

It may limit options when it comes to special teams. Making sure two players that have the same number aren't on the field at the same time though.

I'm surprised the NCAA allows it to be honest. It might be no big deal but with 99 numbers you'd think everyone could pick a unique one.

Has it always been like this...even back in the 80's and 90's?

99 numbers, 120-125 kids on a team. There were always duplicates. It just used to be common practice that the duplicates were not starters.

Shut up and suck....

It is Pretty Stupid! Just like the Black Jerseys, Pillars & Core Value Horse Sh*t and every other wack *** idea instituted by this Horrible Fat ******* of a Coach we have.

While I don't like the duplicate numbers either, trying to make that somehow about Golden is some really stupid ****. All teams do it. There are only so many numbers.

I know....I just don't remember using it so much in the past..

Most schools do not do it. We did know do it until The Fat *** from Temple came.

Advertisement
It's **** like this that I mean when I say Golden into to much non football BS. I even saw on another site some **** about his Masters in sports psychology. That's great, but he's a bootleg psychologist not a football coach. He's using the program as an experiment for his bs sports theories. Dude is a whack job!

It's especially annoying when it comes to NCAA 14. You'll have a bunch of players running around with wrong numbers. No me gusta.

I'm surprised the NCAA allows it to be honest. It might be no big deal but with 99 numbers you'd think everyone could pick a unique one.

Has it always been like this...even back in the 80's and 90's?

99 numbers, 120-125 kids on a team. There were always duplicates. It just used to be common practice that the duplicates were not starters.

Shut up and suck....

...to translate your typical nonsense.."I'm just wrong yet again, so to try to deflect, I'll throw another tantrum."

Advertisement
119 guys on the Rooster. 32 numbers duped.

119 - 32 = 87 Only 4 numbers have been retired. So, there should only by 23 dupes.

Golden sucks at math.

It is Pretty Stupid! Just like the Black Jerseys, Pillars & Core Value Horse Sh*t and every other wack *** idea instituted by this Horrible Fat ******* of a Coach we have.

While I don't like the duplicate numbers either, trying to make that somehow about Golden is some really stupid ****. All teams do it. There are only so many numbers.

I know....I just don't remember using it so much in the past..

Most schools do not do it. We did know do it until The Fat *** from Temple came.

I realize that "higher" math is not your strong suit, but ALL schools with more than 99 players have to do with (which is almost all schools) since there are only 99 numbers to choose from. It might take you a while with a calculator and some help from the neighborhood children, but I'm sure you can figure it out eventually.

Advertisement
The more popular thing to do is give a duplicate number to a slapdick walk-on. That way you don't have to worry about not playing Walton and Burns on the field together, or having either one of them worried about the other stealing their thunder.

The more popular thing to do is give a duplicate number to a slapdick walk-on. That way you don't have to worry about not playing Walton and Burns on the field together, or having either one of them worried about the other stealing their thunder.

That's how it used to be done. But with the kids coming in and wanting particular numbers, especially single digits, more starters are getting duplicates. It's important to recruits and players, and since there has to be duplicates anyway, most schools are just going with it.

This can not be a serious thread. It is all about recruiting. Always has been. Now 18 kids can have the single digit. And you know what, I bet there are another 10 kids on the team with the red *** that they can not have one. I personally don't want a number that someone else does but I think it is brilliant for this day and age. Times have changed. And does it really matter if 2 stars have the same number compared to a star and a walk on?

And if you think this is an old Penn St thing you really have not thought that threw.

Funny thing to watch back in the 80's and early 90's when Nebraska had 140 guys on the team and were killing a crap team at home was trying to watch the coaches get kids in that did not have the same number. Once saw 3 #80 's try and go out at the same time. All walk-ons.

Advertisement
Back