Reality….. (Diaz survives til end of season, OP's opinion)

Advertisement
I understand how they may not fire manny just yet, though its inevitable. But they really should get going with Blake already. And if they lose a couple more and its obvious they are just waiting to fire Manny, they should move on Blake and get going on the search for the guy who picks the next head coach. Otherwise, not sure how we do both in a quick manner at end of season.

Manny is not going to make it to November. UNC and NC State will take care of that and if the BOT don't push him and Blake out after those 2 losses Pitt is going to going to squeeze that last nut out of the ball sacs. So again we will have at least and interim coach by Halloween. Michael Myers could probably coach this squad better at least he will have them killing people on the defense.

I don't think that there is any way that they get rid of Blake. The admins know to shut off this storm they need to win football games. We like baseball and basketball obviously but the majority of us will shut up if they fix football. I believe that is what they'll focus on fixing. They seem to like Blakes fund raising so they're not going to throw the baby out with the water.

Advertisement
Worst case scenario imho:
1. it’s inevitable, why wait? Even if Manny is lucky in 2/3 games, his program has no culture nor discipline and that WON’T change. He can’t coach at this level.
2. When other teams will drop out from contention you will see a lot of firing, if we wait until the end of the season we will already be behind other teams in the hunt for a new head coach.
3. Recruiting will be a MESS, you will probably have a lot of transfers too. Fire him now and try to tell the kids committed to wait for the new HC.

I firmly believe (and hope) that Mack Brown will take care of this.

The President, Admin, and BOT need to **** or get off the pot.

At least kill off UM football if they're going to continue this half-assed approach -

Better to end it quick than to starve it to death - give us a mercy killing or get serious.

If these men - President, Admin, BOT - if they're in their positions because they're supposed to be reasonably intelligent - then they need to reverse decades of stupidity after stupidity - after stupidity after stupidity.

How many examples of stupidity must they continue to repeat?
Hey at least if they killed the program we could morn as fans and then pick a new team and maybe have some happiness in the fall

Worst case scenario imho:
1. it’s inevitable, why wait? Even if Manny is lucky in 2/3 games, his program has no culture nor discipline and that WON’T change. He can’t coach at this level.
2. When other teams will drop out from contention you will see a lot of firing, if we wait until the end of the season we will already be behind other teams in the hunt for a new head coach.
3. Recruiting will be a MESS, you will probably have a lot of transfers too. Fire him now and try to tell the kids committed to wait for the new HC.

I firmly believe (and hope) that Mack Brown will take care of this.
Rooting against Miami until he’s fired. I can’t do this to myself any longer with his bumbass

What school is top 5 in basketball and football?
Right now it’s only Bama, but schools like Ohio State, UNC, Florida, Oregon, Texas, and Oklahoma have all flirted with having success in both programs. Not saying top-5 in both but certainly both programs ranked.

I think top-5 might be extreme but both programs in and around top-25 at all times with football edging higher would be great. The problem is that if you look at the list, those are all big state schools and we are not.

Advertisement
aint that some ****.jpeg

It’s just frustrating playing the waiting game.
It would appear the writing is all but in the wall. College football and most sports teams deal in hope, as fans we don’t have any right now. The only hope is with a change at the top, and that is probably months away.
So sit tight, some people will complain and yell, some people quit. But most of them will be in on the “likely D-line coach” threads in January.
Change is coming and then we get to have hope again, that one of these million dollar men can actually do this thing properly

I’m about ready to take a hiatus from focusing on Canes football myself

So many posts on what we’d like to happen. Here is a dose of what is probable. Manny will finish out the season (unless he has a Golden Clemson game). Evaluation will take place, Manny will likely be let go and a new coach will be hired. This is when you will see how much stock the prez, admin, & BOT, puts in athletics at The U. If Blake is terminated that will be the tell all. I realize a lot of you only care about FB but under his reign Basketball & Baseball are as bad or in worse shape. This will be the tell to how committed the administration is towards athletics. If Blake is retained it becomes wash, rinse, repeat. The AD is the key domino for the whole athletic department. Yes I know this has been hashed out before but to reiterate keep your eyes on the AD position for the administration’s true stance on sports programs at UM!
Until he has a Golden Clemson game??...he's had them for 3 F-ing yrs.....MFer has more lives than a Cat....

Advertisement
I, personally, believe nothing will change until Diaz absolutely forces their hand... so another Clemson type loss, where they (BOT/Admin) can say CMD lost the team and UM didn't just succumb to national pressure.
A 2-4 start is enough. I saw our over/under win total this year at 9.5 in vegas. No one will bat an eye if manny is fired after a loss next week. The USC coach was let go for less.

A 2-4 start is enough. I saw our over/under win total this year at 9.5 in vegas. No one will bat an eye if manny is fired after a loss next week. The USC coach was let go for less.
USC cares about football…and they have a new AD who didn’t hire Helton

Not really. That situation had been going on since 2019. Covid extended him. Their fan base felt just like the Canes- they expected the new AD to get rid of Helton immediately. The Admin had other issues going on in the athletic department so no one rushed a hire. Their attendance dropped a ton- people sent letters. It got ugly. Finally Bohn was forced to act

Advertisement
What school is top 5 in basketball and football?
It's deeper than a ranking. Our basketball team was at least competitive there for a 7 year stretch to start L's tenure. Since then it has been down hill.

The only signs you need are the amount of basketball transfers that are happening.. losing 3 starters to the portal. 3 straight losing seasons (39-51 combined) coming off of 3 straight NCAA tournament bids before that (70-30 combined). Huge red flag.

Baseball has the exact same issue.. we had half of our team transfer (last i looked it was up to 12 transfers) including a weekend starter who was one of the highest rated recruits from the previous class, your cleanup hitter left for FSU, your 5 hitter left, and another solid starting position player left. Red flags everywhere. That doesn't just happen. I don't see how they can even field a 3 man outfield with the current roster.

Shouldn't be too difficult for the University of Miami to have a top 25 football and baseball team on a regular basis. Football should regularly (60%) represent the Coastal in the ACCCG, baseball has no excuse to not be top 25 year in and year out and should be expected to host a regional regularly. No excuses because it was an expectation and a reality for half a century. Get to Omaha again. Basketball has proven they can make the tournament on a regular basis and have a winning record.

It's no coincidence that football and baseball haven't won a title since 2001... the last year of Foote. Say what you want about him and whether he cared or not but he did something right.. we did lots of winning under his watch in both sports.

Not really. That situation had been going on since 2019. Covid extended him. Their fan base felt just like the Canes- they expected the new AD to get rid of Helton immediately. The Admin had other issues going on in the athletic department so no one rushed a hire. Their attendance dropped a ton- people sent letters. It got ugly. Finally Bohn was forced to act

this. Helton was also there for 7 years before they canned him. were getting rid of Diaz 2.5 years into his HC career.

It's deeper than a ranking. Our basketball team was at least competitive there for a 7 year stretch to start L's tenure. Since then it has been down hill.

The only signs you need are the amount of basketball transfers that are happening.. losing 3 starters to the portal. 3 straight losing seasons (39-51 combined) coming off of 3 straight NCAA tournament bids before that (70-30 combined). Huge red flag.

Baseball has the exact same issue.. we had half of our team transfer (last i looked it was up to 12 transfers) including a weekend starter who was one of the highest rated recruits from the previous class, your cleanup hitter left for FSU, your 5 hitter left, and another solid starting position player left. Red flags everywhere. That doesn't just happen. I don't see how they can even field a 3 man outfield with the current roster.

Shouldn't be too difficult for the University of Miami to have a top 25 football and baseball team on a regular basis. Football should regularly (60%) represent the Coastal in the ACCCG, baseball has no excuse to not be top 25 year in and year out and should be expected to host a regional regularly. No excuses because it was an expectation and a reality for half a century. Get to Omaha again. Basketball has proven they can make the tournament on a regular basis and have a winning record.

It's no coincidence that football and baseball haven't won a title since 2001... the last year of Foote. Say what you want about him and whether he cared or not but he did something right.. we did lots of winning under his watch in both sports.
seball has the exact same issue.. we had half of our team transfer (last i looked it was up to 12 transfers) including a weekend starter who was one of the highest rated recruits from the previous class, your cleanup hitter left for FSU, your 5 hitter left, and another solid starting position player left. Red flags everywhere. That doesn't just happen. I don't see how they can even field a 3 man outfield with the current roster.

wasn't there a thing with the spots when some of those kids tested the waters draft wise (toral didn't get picked and then didn't have a spot here so he went to where he had one?)

seball has the exact same issue.. we had half of our team transfer (last i looked it was up to 12 transfers) including a weekend starter who was one of the highest rated recruits from the previous class, your cleanup hitter left for FSU, your 5 hitter left, and another solid starting position player left. Red flags everywhere. That doesn't just happen. I don't see how they can even field a 3 man outfield with the current roster.

wasn't there a thing with the spots when some of those kids tested the waters draft wise (toral didn't get picked and then didn't have a spot here so he went to where he had one?)
Not sure what it actually came down to but we had the spots due to the COVID year being a waiver of eligibility. School would have been on the hook for paying the extra scholarship so it wouldn't surprise me. I listened to an interview on why he left.. don't remember all of it but it seemed to be mutual.

Advertisement
Back