Reality….. (Diaz survives til end of season, OP's opinion)

BiltmoreCANE

Freshman
So many posts on what we’d like to happen. Here is a dose of what is probable. Manny will finish out the season (unless he has a Golden Clemson game). Evaluation will take place, Manny will likely be let go and a new coach will be hired. This is when you will see how much stock the prez, admin, & BOT, puts in athletics at The U. If Blake is terminated that will be the tell all. I realize a lot of you only care about FB but under his reign Basketball & Baseball are as bad or in worse shape. This will be the tell to how committed the administration is towards athletics. If Blake is retained it becomes wash, rinse, repeat. The AD is the key domino for the whole athletic department. Yes I know this has been hashed out before but to reiterate keep your eyes on the AD position for the administration’s true stance on sports programs at UM!

Advertisement
The President, Admin, and BOT need to **** or get off the pot.

At least kill off UM football if they're going to continue this half-assed approach -

Better to end it quick than to starve it to death - give us a mercy killing or get serious.

If these men - President, Admin, BOT - if they're in their positions because they're supposed to be reasonably intelligent - then they need to reverse decades of stupidity after stupidity - after stupidity after stupidity.

How many examples of stupidity must they continue to repeat?

No good coaching candidate is going to jump ship in the middle of the season. Feelers can be sent out to agents for potential candidates. I don't see waiting for the offseason if Diaz is going to get fired at the end.

Advertisement
No good coaching candidate is going to jump ship in the middle of the season. Feelers can be sent out to agents for potential candidates. I don't see waiting for the offseason if Diaz is going to get fired at the end.

Didn't say jump in - middle of season.

Make the deal. Make the hire. The hire will be announced last game of season - leaving him opportunity to do some recruiting himself. Manny can be terminated at any time - and let existing coaching staff finish the season.

Now, everyone knows Manny won't be there next season - and you've just generated lots of talk and interest in WHO will be the next coach - nothing but positives.

Never wait until you're dying of thirst - to start digging a well.

If these men - President, Admin, BOT - if they're in their positions because they're supposed to be reasonably intelligent - then they need to reverse decades of stupidity after stupidity - after stupidity after stupidity.

How many examples of stupidity must they continue to repeat?
ben stupid.jpg

Advertisement
What makes zero sense is some one is hanging there hat on Blake because he is allegedly good at fundraising. How in the **** dont they realize a top 5 title contending team year after year in both football and basketball brings so much dam revenue it would most likely dwarf what ever an AD could raise. ****ts mind boggling.

That would be a terrible look. You don't send out feelers why you still have someone employed. If it gets out you did that in the coaching world no good coach would ever come here. I don't think he gets fired till he loses another ACC game. Right now the coastal is so bad we still have a chance at winning it, I don't see us winning either of the next two games. Would have been better to play UNC this week and then have a bye, timing wise would have been the time needed for firing.

Advertisement
That would be a terrible look. You don't send out feelers why you still have someone employed. If it gets out you did that in the coaching world no good coach would ever come here. I don't think he gets fired till he loses another ACC game. Right now the coastal is so bad we still have a chance at winning it, I don't see us winning either of the next two games. Would have been better to play UNC this week and then have a bye, timing wise would have been the time needed for firing.
The more I think about it the more I can see that short of something like what UNC did to us last year - I could see them waiting until we’re mathematically eliminated from winning the CoRstal. And even then they may wait for the elimination to be official.

Advertisement
I, personally, believe nothing will change until Diaz absolutely forces their hand... so another Clemson type loss, where they (BOT/Admin) can say CMD lost the team and UM didn't just succumb to national pressure.

So many posts on what we’d like to happen. Here is a dose of what is probable. Manny will finish out the season (unless he has a Golden Clemson game). Evaluation will take place, Manny will likely be let go and a new coach will be hired. This is when you will see how much stock the prez, admin, & BOT, puts in athletics at The U. If Blake is terminated that will be the tell all. I realize a lot of you only care about FB but under his reign Basketball & Baseball are as bad or in worse shape. This will be the tell to how committed the administration is towards athletics. If Blake is retained it becomes wash, rinse, repeat. The AD is the key domino for the whole athletic department. Yes I know this has been hashed out before but to reiterate keep your eyes on the AD position for the administration’s true stance on sports programs at UM!
So why not for Blake right now?

I could somewhat understand why Manny remains but if you really want to show you are serious about athletics why not fire the guy currently in charge of it?

Advertisement
Back