Realistic goals

View as article
And now, I know. Thank You my friend. I always had it in my head he said the song was a joke about a dog. I am not the authority on GnR. Slash has a cool Gibson and that is about as far as I go.
I prefer Iommi's Gibson, but I wouldnt say no to Slash's.

Advertisement
Anyone got an idea who?

I'm guessin'..

Pink Loop GIF by dualvoidanima

I prefer Iommi's Gibson, but I wouldnt say no to Slash's.
The old Gibson’s used by the Brits before they all went strat are all keepers. Tony had to use a Gibson for the sound they were going for, a strat would have been to twangy for them in my opinion. If you gave me a ‘65 SG I would be a happy guy.

I love both brands. I am not partial, both have sounds and features that, in the right hands, are fantastic.

Advertisement
The old Gibson’s used by the Brits before they all went strat are all keepers. Tony had to use a Gibson for the sound they were going for, a strat would have been to twangy for them in my opinion. If you gave me a ‘65 SG I would be a happy guy.

I love both brands. I am not partial, both have sounds and features that, in the right hands, are fantastic.
I believe he (Iommi) was going to record BSBS on a strat but the pickups fried out just before, the SG was his backup, and it just worked for what they wanted.

Advertisement
I'm putting my nuts on the table for Jacurri too. Kid is an elite athlete. Fix some small things & we might have a superstar. I would take a kid like him every year if it was up to me. His ceiling is as high as you can get imo.
Just curious, what makes you say that? To me accuracy is the #1 trait for a QB. I don’t care if he can throw it 80 yards in air if it is nowhere near the receiver. Fixing accuracy is no “small thing”, few are able to overcome this deficiency. I have hopes similar to you for Jacurri, but recognize it is a lot of work and no small thing to fix his issues.

I will focus strictly on the field. Goals I would like to see us grab:

1. TVD needs to have at least 30 TDs.
2. We need to average at least 35 PPG.
3. We need to Finish in the Top 25 on Offense.
4. Need the OL to give up less than 10 sacks for the entire season.
5. At least 3 PR/KR for TD's.
6. Need at least 1 Player on the DL to get at least 10 sacks.
7. Need at least one DB to get at least 5 INTS.
8. Need to finish in the Top 15 in TFL.
9. Need to finish in the Top 20 in Scoring Defense.
10. Need at least 1 RB to go over 750 yards for the season.

Advertisement
Just curious, what makes you say that? To me accuracy is the #1 trait for a QB. I don’t care if he can throw it 80 yards in air if it is nowhere near the receiver. Fixing accuracy is no “small thing”, few are able to overcome this deficiency. I have hopes similar to you for Jacurri, but recognize it is a lot of work and no small thing to fix his issues.
You're right man. His career is done. Go canes.

35 PPG means we would have a top 21 offense in 2022 - I don’t think we will be there yet. If we are a top 21 offense we are winning 10 games.

Advertisement
35 PPG means we would have a top 21 offense in 2022 - I don’t think we will be there yet. If we are a top 21 offense we are winning 10 games.
I would account for some regression overall this season as college football will have a running clock like the NFL, apart from the last 2 min of the 2nd and 4th quarters.

If you correlate 2022 performance with 2023, this makes total sense. But is it really correlative at this point? The OL, RB, TE, WR positions are completely overhauled. TVD healthy and back into his preferred offense.

Doesn't it make sense to correlate with 2021 second half, instead? And we are arguably a much better offense than that offense.
* NC State 31-30 W
* Pitt 38-34 W
* GT 33-30 W
* FSU 31-28 L
* Va Tech 38-26 W
* Duke 47-10 W

Avg PPG = 35.8

I think the only teams athletically better than us on our schedule are A2M and Clemson, and Petrino has his hands full with a weak QB, so I'm circling that game as the most important game marker for our season expectations.

I definitely see us winning 8 games or more as long as the team and staff gel. And If we get ahead of opponents early, watch out! Our OL is going to make it very hard for other teams to control game tempo or catch up if they're behind in the second half.

8 or 9 wins is absolutely realistic and should be expected. 7 would be a huge let down. I'm going full-Kool-Aid, and believe 10 wins in the regular season is achievable.

If you correlate 2022 performance with 2023, this makes total sense. But is it really correlative at this point? The OL, RB, TE, WR positions are completely overhauled. TVD healthy and back into his preferred offense.

Doesn't it make sense to correlate with 2021 second half, instead? And we are arguably a much better offense than that offense.
* NC State 31-30 W
* Pitt 38-34 W
* GT 33-30 W
* FSU 31-28 L
* Va Tech 38-26 W
* Duke 47-10 W

Avg PPG = 35.8
Idk if you can use that either teams have changed in general. That FSU and Duke team have changed and I personally think Armstrong is better then the QB NC state had then. Still nonetheless if we don't win atleast 8 it will be a failure.

Advertisement
Back