Realistic expectations for early Signing Period

Realistically- this class is a wash even with the spring signing. We might be able to close a stud (fingers crossed for S. Stewart) but it doesn’t look promising & that is ok. Anything is better than where we’re currently at lol. It seems we won’t have a complete staff in place for a couple weeks- it’s essentially Mario & the Diaz holdovers holding down the fort right now. The fact we’re getting top 100 kids from outside our footprint on campus last minute is a testament to Cristobals chops on the trail & an indication of what’s to come.

Where he should be expected to hit is in the portal. This team needs immediate talent infusions at OL/DL & CB. Multiple bodies are needed there. LB/WR should also probably see at least one body. Competition needs to be added to those groups to raise the floor & level of play. Immediate impact contributors should be expected.
Mario should be measured for this cycle based on the portal & let’s see where the chips fall in 23’.

Advertisement
Might not be a popular opinion but I think we should look for a portal kicker. Wasn’t overly impressed with Andy. Just in case he doesn’t progress it would suck to have another subpar kicking season.

If we're content with average results, we could have just hired an average coach for an average salary.

We should all expect Mario to be the best. Dude is making a top 5 salary. Recruiting is supposed to be his one signature strength. No reason on God's green earth for him to not secure Graves, Bissainthe, Rogers, Kelly and Moss for ESD. Then get Florence and Stewart in February. Every single recruit i named is a Miami commit, a kid with high interest in Miami, or a Cristobal kid. And we have playing time and wide open depth charts galore to sell them at end, corner and even linebacker.
Dude seriously, STFU, you sounds ridiculous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** that.. . I want...

giphy.gif

But I wont be *****ing if a couple 3 stars get away. fsu and the gator have to get someone.

The fact that Mario got big time players to visit in less than a week without coordinators is pretty impressive. I don’t know how it will work out, but I have confidence in Mario.

Sign everyone we have committed minus Ibieta who we're dropping and close Kelly and Coleman. I believe that puts us at 10 commits after ESD. Our remaining priority targets for February are Stewart, Moss, Florence, Moten, M'Ba. Close most of those and finish with 13 or 14 total high school kids and then go grab 7 or 8 portal guys.

Advertisement
If we're content with average results, we could have just hired an average coach for an average salary.

We should all expect Mario to be the best. Dude is making a top 5 salary. Recruiting is supposed to be his one signature strength. No reason on God's green earth for him to not secure Graves, Bissainthe, Rogers, Kelly and Moss for ESD. Then get Florence and Stewart in February. Every single recruit i named is a Miami commit, a kid with high interest in Miami, or a Cristobal kid. And we have playing time and wide open depth charts galore to sell them at end, corner and even linebacker.
Please tell me how many recruits you've closed on... if none... stfu. Your expectations are delusional.

If we see some of the top players start waiting until NSD then you’ll know there’s a good chance Mario has gotten them to wait and there’s at least a chance he can flip them or at least he has a chance.

I don’t look for anymore than 6 maybe 7 that sign on Wednesday but hope that the 6-7 that do are kids that will contribute right away.

After ESD I look for Mario to get 5-6 more top players then go cherry picking in the portal to fill out the class.There will be a ton of good ,experienced 4-5 star kids that are in there that can/will make a difference from jump street.

If Mario and staff can do that this year with a week and a half to recruit then I can’t wait to see what future holds..

Advertisement
Wait, so all the 5* guys wouldn’t jump to Miami with Mario 5 days into the job and ESD in a few days!? Color me shocked! Lol
Lol but “we are giving him 80 million so he better beat out x,y and z cause it’s a winnable battle”

Meanwhile guys like Moss were not considering us till Mario. 23 class is where it’s at, im not getting my hopes up for this class, just staying hopeful

Lol but “we are giving him 80 million so he better beat out x,y and z cause it’s a winnable battle”

Meanwhile guys like Moss were not considering us till Mario. 23 class is where it’s at, im not getting my hopes up for this class, just staying hopeful
Agreed. A surprise or two would be nice

I believe we are currently top 10 in average recruiting rating, which is higher than teams like FSU. I kind of understand why Manny wasn't just handing out scholarships to 3 star gets to increase ratings. Bringing in Kelly and 1 or 2 high 4 stars would be a victory IMO. I dont care about landing some 5 star safety or receiver, we need IOL and DT/DE

Advertisement
Back