Realistic Coaching Candidates

Butch. Its that easy. He did it before, he can do it again. LMAO at the people who bring up UNC as a failure. That team was freaky good that he assembled, he caught a bad break with the NCAA.

I think hes got a chip on his shoulder. It would be gross what he would do here.

UNC was lucky to win 5 games before he got there.

Advertisement
The title of the thread said, "Realistic Coaching Candidates," and then proceeded to present 'not in this universe' selections.

Realistic, means ones we can afford, ones who are proven, ones who know what they can do at Miami, and then last - ones who actually WANT the frikkin' job.

Let's see. That leave ONE.

Butch Davis

Advertisement
Mike shula was a colossal failure at Bama.. are yall even trying anymore

Dom Capers for HC

Ed Orgeron

Ed Orgeron - This guy is still available... Last year he went 6-2 with USC taking over for Kiffin.. He was 2-2 against top 25 teams... They beat #5 Stanford and #20 Fresno State but lost to crosstown rival #22 UCLA & # 25 Notre Dame.... Orgeron has some South Florida ties, from 1988-92 he was Miami's Defensive Line Coach... Orgeron won National Recruiter of the Year honors in 2004... He's just the type of coach we need, this guy has Balls, Experience, and a toughness that's missing from The U

Last edited:
Ed Orgeron

Ed Orgeron - This guy is still available... Last year he went 6-2 with USC taking over for Kiffin.. He was 2-2 against top 25 teams... They beat #5 Stanford and #20 Fresno State but lost to crosstown rival #22 UCLA & # 25 Notre Dame.... Orgeron has some South Florida ties, from 1988-92 he was Miami's Defensive Line Coach... Orgeron won National Recruiter of the Year honors in 2004... He's just the type of coach we need, this guy has Balls, Experience, and a toughness that's missing from The U

people will say he didnt win at Ole Miss. I still would take him over Golden

He took over a cluster F at Bama (sanctions, 2 coaching changes in one off-season) & went 10-2 in his 3rd season.. Obviously he got fired after a bad season the next year but he recruited very well which allowed Saban to come in & win a NC in his 2nd year. Failure? Sure. Not anywhere near a colossal failure though.

Advertisement
Mark Stoops. Has cut his teeth at Kentucky, is a good recruiter, has coached defense well, and knows the Miami area as he was a DB coach here.

Mark Stoops. Has cut his teeth at Kentucky, is a good recruiter, has coached defense well, and knows the Miami area as he was a DB coach here.
that seems to be most people number.1 excluding the Butch crowd. Hes up there for me.

Advertisement
who's really won at Ole Miss?

Ed Orgeron

people will say he didnt win at Ole Miss. I still would take him over Golden

Another thing I just realized with Stoops.. that more than likely means Coley stays.

Advertisement
that seems to be most people number.1 excluding the Butch crowd. Hes up there for me.

i would hire stoops and give him the money to bring t rob in as a DC.
I think he brings his current d-coor with him. Both have been together for a while now. Also another connection is both stoops and his d-coor were here in Miami. D.J Eliot was a grad. asst here in 02.

He took over a cluster F at Bama (sanctions, 2 coaching changes in one off-season) & went 10-2 in his 3rd season.. Obviously he got fired after a bad season the next year but he recruited very well which allowed Saban to come in & win a NC in his 2nd year. Failure? Sure. Not anywhere near a colossal failure though.

saban didn't win the title in his second year. they went 12-2 and lost to florida in the sec championship in 2008. shula's recruits went 7-6 in saban's first year and lost 4 straight to end the regular season, including a loss to louisiana-monroe. the 2009 national championship team was loaded with experience, great coaching, and 2+ years of saban's strength and conditioning.

Last edited:

I like Butch a lot, but my caveat with him is he needs to bring an associate head coach/OC to run and control the offense.

I want aggression and a take no prisoners persona from the next HC. A little Swag like Rex Ryan.

We need some life pumped into this program ASAP.

Advertisement
Back