REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

**Long Post**

Here’s my proposal of a realignment. No more P5 football; it’ll be a P4 CFB.

ACC:
Clemson
Duke
FSU
GT
Maryland
Miami
NCSt
ND
Pitt
Syracuse
VT
UL
UNC
UVA
WF
WVA
*All teams are along the Atlantic Coastline Area w/ the exception of ND, but since they are already a part time member, and have a rivalry with us, it makes sense keeping them here. Maryland was an original ACC school, bring them back, and WVA was an arch nemesis to many teams in the ACC in the old Big East.

B1G:
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa St
KU
KSt
Michigan
MSU
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
O$U
P$U
Purdue
Rutgers
Wisconsin
*All teams are located in the Midwest, with the exception of Rutgers who’s already a B1G member. A lot of natural, old school rivalries will be reignited in this conference.

PAC-16
Arizona
ASU
Baylor
Cal
Colorado
OKSt
Oregon
Oregon St
Stanford
TCU
Texas Tech
UCLA
USC
Utah
UW
WSU
*This one was a little more tricky, but the Texas Schools included in this Pac-12 expansion, all have the Brazos River connection which connects to the Gulf of Mexico. Yes, The Gulf of Mexico is technically kin to the Atlantic Ocean, but TX is closer to CA, than to FL (16 hr drive from L.A to Lubbock, TX as opposed to a 23hr drive from Lubbock to Miami), therefore these schools, would find a new home in the PAC. The outlier would be OKSt, but there’s natural rivals here w/ a lot of teams from the old B12.

SEC:
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
L$U
Miss St
Missouri
Ole Pi$$
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tenn
TAMU
Texas
Vandy
*UT & OU gets granted membership into the SEC

-Four 16 team conferences
-8 divisions
-4 championship games
-12 CFP team format

Thoughts?

Edit: Accidentally left out Louisville from The ACC, so I kicked out UCF and they’ll be in the G5 AAC.

🤔MAKES TOTAL SENSE.....and that's why it wouldn't happen

Because as we all know

$$ talks....common sense walks

Advertisement

Sankey is crawling circles around EVERYONE involved in CFB.

"... Huddling with his lead advisors, Sankey sought a guarantee from ESPN that if the conference expanded in the future, he’d have the ability to pay the new teams the same amount of money, pro rata, that his 14 current teams were already guaranteed. But why would ESPN sign a deal that gave Sankey and the SEC equal money for all expansion candidates, regardless of their quality? The SEC and ESPN needed to define the field of potential expansion candidates in a way that made both sides comfortable with the expanded version of their deal.

That’s when the SEC’s negotiating team came up with a plan. What if they wrote into the contract that any A-list addition was automatically covered by the existing contract? But that raised another question: how to define an A list team? The crew bandied about the idea of labeling Texas as an A list school, but the concern was that limited the SEC to schools like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and USC, bona fide top brands without any question at all.

Everyone already knew Texas was an A list school.

They needed a school with a bit more broad appeal, an A-lister that gave them options to dip down closer to the B list if it made sense. Who knew what the future held? The SEC wanted a broad pool of candidates, an expansive list of targets that would eliminate doubt in the event of future expansion.

That’s when they hit on Oklahoma.

Who would the SEC and ESPN define as an A list school in their contract? The Sooners. That way, you got the big name schools like Texas, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and USC, but you could also have a strong argument for other schools a bit below Oklahoma, the UCLAs of the world, even.

Now as the SEC prepares to add Texas and Oklahoma to the conference, OutKick can report that the conference has a mandate that no other conference does, the biggest and most lucrative television deal in all of college sports is portable. The SEC can guarantee potential expansion candidates that they will enter as full share equals the moment they begin play in future years, a guaranteed opportunity no other conference has at the present moment... "

Notice who isn't mentioned?

At all.

Last edited:
Probably the best hire in college football of all time...
Brought back a perennial underachieving loser team to one of best runs in any sport

Agree 100% about Saban probably being the best hire

BUT Bama only underachieved for a years

You're forgetting that Bear Bryant dominated at Bama for many years

Advertisement
Yes, as long as tomato man gets his son to keep his HC job and the SWJs get a free reign to cut the balls off men's sports, they don't care which conference we are in..
Honestly, I have a sinking suspicion when all of this is said and done, we will end up being in the SEC too.

Consider Alabama our audition.

"... Huddling with his lead advisors, Sankey sought a guarantee from ESPN that if the conference expanded in the future, he’d have the ability to pay the new teams the same amount of money, pro rata, that his 14 current teams were already guaranteed. But why would ESPN sign a deal that gave Sankey and the SEC equal money for all expansion candidates, regardless of their quality? The SEC and ESPN needed to define the field of potential expansion candidates in a way that made both sides comfortable with the expanded version of their deal.

That’s when the SEC’s negotiating team came up with a plan. What if they wrote into the contract that any A-list addition was automatically covered by the existing contract? But that raised another question: how to define an A list team? The crew bandied about the idea of labeling Texas as an A list school, but the concern was that limited the SEC to schools like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and USC, bona fide top brands without any question at all.

They needed a school with a bit more broad appeal, an A-lister that gave them options to dip down closer to the B list if it made sense. Who knew what the future held? The SEC wanted a broad pool of candidates, an expansive list of targets that would eliminate doubt in the event of future expansion.

Who would the SEC and ESPN define as an A list school in their contract? The Sooners. That way, you got the big name schools like Texas, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and USC, but you could also have a strong argument for other schools a bit below Oklahoma, the UCLAs of the world, even.

Now as the SEC prepares to add Texas and Oklahoma to the conference, OutKick can report that the conference has a mandate that no other conference does, the biggest and most lucrative television deal in all of college sports is portable. The SEC can guarantee potential expansion candidates that they will enter as full share equals the moment they begin play in future years, a guaranteed opportunity no other conference has at the present moment... "

At all.

If USC makes that A list, Miami makes the A list.

At all.
Notice who else isn’t mentioned? Clemson, FSU, for starters.

There is zero chance UM gets left behind. Ya’ll chicken littles make me laugh.

Advertisement
Notice who else isn’t mentioned? Clemson, FSU, for starters.

There is zero chance UM gets left behind. Ya’ll chicken littles make me laugh.
you partially got my point.

no ACC teams mentioned in their list.

noticeable absence in article.

then, again probably tired from all the running around and all kettle.

In a 20 team SEC, there is zero* chance Miami is invited, possibly even at 24 or 30. But you Don't Stop Believe'n.

*my assessment obviously

Last edited:
This might be of interest. College football rider and the athletic list of these as the most important football programs in the country that would be part of any super league:

Alabama
Auburn
Clemson
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Iowa
LSU
Miami
Michigan
Michigan State
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn State
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
USC
Virginia Tech
Washington
Wisconsin
I suspect SEC doesn't share the same criteria for their top 24 (above has a few lmao choices already)

For starters, I guess buh bye (and see you in court... ok I guess possible):
- Kentucky
- Mizzou
- Vandy
- Da *****
- Da Hogs
- Miss St
- Ole Miss

So maybe the super league would really be 31.

Or maybe...
- UCLA
- O St
- Da Cats
- Da Devils
- Utee Utes
- Wash St
- Boise St
- Coastal Carolina
- UNC
- WVU

to name a few (hardly the whole arguable list)... so maybe 41 now...

Don't get me wrong, Sankey is looking not just for a super league, but to replace NCAA.

Good for them, but do these writers think* before they ink?

*No they do not

Bring the pain, we love it👇

Last edited:
Seems our rival Florida State has found itself a new partner ...

"I just want us to be prepared. My point to (FSU athletic director) David Coburn and to (new ACC commissioner) Jim Phillips is I don’t want Florida State to be left behind. I consider us part of the ACC, but I also know that we have a marquee name, Clemson has a marquee name. I think there might be people coming after us, I don’t know, but we’ve got to be prepared no matter what the options are ... The Oklahoma, Texas thing, in my opinion, is the tip of the iceberg. It's there, but it's certainly going to be much broader than that when it's said and done."

-- FSU president John Thrasher, Tallahassee Democrat, 7/29/21

Just like Oklahoma and Texas, it's become mutually beneficial for Clemson and FSU to be joined at the hip — and that's the messaging already being fed to the media

Think once they do get their SEC invite, the Noles will do anything other than conspire with the Gators to make sure the Canes don't get in the SEC, too??

"The SEC doesn't need THREE schools from Florida"

"Miami is a small private institution that plays in an NFL stadium it rarely fills"

"The culture in South Florida is nothing at all like Gainesville, Tallahassee, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Athens ... "

Hope to God people with a lot more brains and passion than Blake James are working day and night to make we're not left dazed and confused in a pile of rubble when the ACC inevitably crumbles.
Make no mistake, unless a radical change occurs, FSU and Clemson as of yesterday served notice to ACC, "we are leaving well before 2036. See you in court for your failure of fudiciary duty if you want to make our divorce ugly..."

here is a long shot radical idea... Miami needs Bezos as a patron Saint... not as crazy if you think about it (ok, bat shït crazy... I get it)...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami is a bigger brand than FSU and Clemson could ever wish to be. The problem is we've put out a mediocre product since arriving in the ACC so there's no real incentive to bring the school onboard. Had Miami had even a handful of 11 win seasons, couple of ACCCG appearances (a couple titles), and a national championship appearance the SEC would definitely take Miami over FSU or even Clemson.
Sorry, but no. Take a look at the merchandise sold. Take a look at ticket sales. We need to stop chest thumping about our National Titles and look at why SEC even took Texas. This is about money. If it were about titles and success, they would have taken OU alone and told Texas to kick rocks.
When was the last time Michigan won a title in anything? If you think any conference would take Miami over Michigan, then you have absolutely no idea what these conferences are looking for.

Miami is a bigger brand than FSU and Clemson could ever wish to be. The problem is we've put out a mediocre product since arriving in the ACC so there's no real incentive to bring the school onboard. Had Miami had even a handful of 11 win seasons, couple of ACCCG appearances (a couple titles), and a national championship appearance the SEC would definitely take Miami over FSU or even Clemson.
As fans, we can dream.

But not reality. Miami sees its way through this storm by being sober-eyed and having a strong plan.

Oh, Blake James is still AD you say?

#CanesAre****ed

😔

I suspect SEC doesn't share the same criteria for their top 24 (above has a few lmao choices already)

For starters, I guess buh bye (and see you in court... ok I guess possible):
- Kentucky
- Mizzou
- Vandy
- Da *****
- Da Hogs
- Miss St
- Ole Miss

So maybe the super league would really be 31.

Or maybe...
- UCLA
- O St
- Da Cats
- Da Devils
- Utee Utes
- Wash St
- Boise St
- Coastal Carolina
- UNC
- WVU

to name a few (hardly the whole arguable list)... so maybe 41 now...

Don't get me wrong, Sankey is looking not just for a super league, but to replace NCAA.

Good for them, but do these writers think* before they ink?

*No they do not

Bring the pain, we love it👇

Love that scene

Advertisement
We'll need a helping hand from ESPN to get an SEC invite and belong to a conference with both UF and FSU, each of which are key elements to any realistic chance of competing successfully in the increasingly money-driven world of athletics.

Why would the four-letter network help UM?

Because ESPN cares most of all about $$$$ and "Miami" and "The Canes" is/are still a national brand in the College Football world despite nearly two decades of horrible leadership and brand mismanagement.

With conference realignment moving full speed ahead, it would be great to put our best foot forward and finish the season with our first Top 10 ranking since 2003 and first ACC championship ever.
Next couple of years I think will be important to become more relevant in this world by winning. I don't think "brand" will be enough if we can't substantially back it up.

Admin is going to have to get really serious in ponying up finances to continually upgrade the program. It's a case of putting money up to make more money later. Mediocre programs will be at the mercy of the programs that call the shots.

Heard an interesting suggestion for the remaining 8 members of the Big 12. Poach Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, and one other team (forget the name). Gets the Big 12 into Ohio and Florida. Use elevation to the Power 5 as incentive.

Heard an interesting suggestion for the remaining 8 members of the Big 12. Poach Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, and one other team (forget the name). Gets the Big 12 into Ohio and Florida. Use elevation to the Power 5 as incentive.
Yeah. Problem is that’s not Power 5 conference if constructed as you laid out. If the most high profile team in your conference is Oklahoma State, Iowa State or Houston, you’re not a Power 5 conference. That’s why the Big 12 is out of gas.

Advertisement
Back