REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

My understanding is that the Big12 basically has ESPN by the balls right now. They have evidence that ESPN is in breach of contract not only because of what they have been doing post the breaking of this UT/OU move, but also that ESPN was actively involved in brokering the UT/OU move. We'll be hearing about a formal suit being filed against ESPN very soon, and the discovery process is not going to be pretty for ESPN, the SEC, UT or OU. ESPN is in line to have to pay major damages to the Big12, which could significantly hinder ESPN's ability to continue as a going concern.

If this kills ESPN, it will be the best thing to happen to cfb in many years.

Advertisement
My understanding is that the Big12 basically has ESPN by the balls right now. They have evidence that ESPN is in breach of contract not only because of what they have been doing post the breaking of this UT/OU move, but also that ESPN was actively involved in brokering the UT/OU move. We'll be hearing about a formal suit being filed against ESPN very soon, and the discovery process is not going to be pretty for ESPN, the SEC, UT or OU. ESPN is in line to have to pay major damages to the Big12, which could significantly hinder ESPN's ability to continue as a going concern.

ESPN isn’t a going concern. They are a pimple on Disney’s ***.

I’m not sure where you got your information, I would love a link. If any of that is actually comes to pass, Disney may be shedding layers of management and doing a major reorg at ESPN, maybe looking to sell off that business, in corporate terms, that’s a bloodletting.

Second paragraph is just my sheer speculation but it’s within the realm of possibility.

ESPN isn’t a going concern. They are a pimple on Disney’s ***.

I’m not sure where you got your information, I would love a link. If any of that is actually comes to pass, Disney may be shedding layers of management and doing a major reorg at ESPN, maybe looking to sell off that business, in corporate terms, that’s a bloodletting.

Second paragraph is just my sheer speculation but it’s within the realm of possibility.
Just watch an see. The cease and desist letter yesterday was the first shot across the bow.

I am loving every second of this.

The Joker Popcorn GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
They must be happy with their dog**** Marvel spin-offs and live action remakes of animated classics.

Your criticism of the artistic merits of their offerings aside, this is the point I was making above about how ESPN is getting to be an underperforming nuisance to Disney. I must have missed this article.

Advertisement

I came to these conclusions on my own just based on the way the streaming business is going, and ESPN’s inability to adapt. I had not read this article - wasn’t even aware of it.

It’s not an uncommon thought among people that follow the company I’m sure. Doesn’t take a great amount of intellect or insight to see that ESPN has been a problem child for Disney for quite some time. I follow certain companies, and ESPN has been a pain in the *** to Disney, I want to say for about the last at least six or seven years, maybe more.

I came to these conclusions on my own just based on the way the streaming business is going, and ESPN’s inability to adapt. I had not read this article - wasn’t even aware of it.

It’s not an uncommon thought among people that follow the company I’m sure. Doesn’t take a great amount of intellect or insight to see that ESPN has been a problem child for Disney for quite some time. I follow certain companies, and ESPN has been a pain in the *** to Disney, I want to say for about the last at least six or seven years, maybe more.
Obviously cordcutting has not been good for their model, but live sports is still a valuable commodity and they seem to have somewhat turn the corner after living really bad a few years ago. They have cut a lot of costs and tried to change their toxic political image.

Advertisement
Obviously cordcutting has not been good for their model, but live sports is still a valuable commodity and they seem to have somewhat turn the corner after living really bad a few years ago. They have cut a lot of costs and tried to change their toxic political image.

Absolutely live sports is a highly valuable commodity, but it has to meet profit goals.

They’re doing better than they were, but it has yet to translate to Disney’s bottom line in a significant way, and this latest information doesn’t necessarily help their image.

Agreed. ESPN, DirecTV, and few others suffer from the same equation problem:

"infinite revenue" < "infinite expense" + 1

ESPN's apogee was when they reached Peak Berman/ESPN Primetime.

Bad on them for not realizing it.

Advertisement
Back