REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
In the bigger picture, ESPN has been a pain in the *** for Disney, both from a net revenue standpoint and in transitioning to DTC. You can sense the frustration when Bob Chapek makes comments like “having to thread the needle” between ESPN’s linear cable business and transitioning to premium direct to consumer services.

I seems as if Disney could be rid of ESPN, it would let someone else have the headache.

When you’ve been a drag to the mouse’s earnings as long as ESPN has, I can see why ESPN management is desperate.

Advertisement
Read on BR that the PAC-12 & B1G might merge or at least kicking the tires on that idea to protect their conference agreement regarding the Rose Bowl. Dan Patrick spoke on it. Tried to attach the link, but was unsuccessful.
Makes sense, as posted. The two conferences have a long-standing rivalry at the Rose Bowl, and OOC games between two are a natural extension. I don’t know about true merger, but an agreement to increased OOC scheduling could benefit both. Doesn’t the Rose Bowl still have a tie-in with both, unless the game is a CFP game?

I mean the B12 is already dead. The question is just how long the corpses will be sitting there rotting before some vultures take their chunk.

SEC is 1939 Germany right now. Their broken promises and blitzkrieg are taking the rest of the world by surprise. All the other conferences can wake up, band together, and immediately stop the SEC in its tracks by forming a new football association that excludes the SEC, or everyone can sit on their hands and wait for a racist organization to sweep the continent .
I'm not quite certain ze SEC is rockn'n und roll'n like dies Drei Reich...

but yes, point taken...

Advertisement
Makes sense, as posted. The two conferences have a long-standing rivalry at the Rose Bowl, and OOC games between two are a natural extension. I don’t know about true merger, but an agreement to increased OOC scheduling could benefit both. Doesn’t the Rose Bowl still have a tie-in with both, unless the game is a CFP game?

Correct

I wonder if that alliance would impact the annual series that Notre Dame has with USC and Stanford. If the ACC hadn't agreed to guarantee five games a year, they could really have issues putting together a decent schedule every year.

I know many people here are chicken little and say the sky is falling.

But I am enjoying seeing all this chaos myself.
bP0y34GHtOzp6.gif

Advertisement
The ACC and each member school gave ESPN a grant of media rights thru 2035-36. The granting of rights by the conference makes it financial suicide for a member to leave. The exiting school`s media rights, including revenues, would REMAIN in the ACC for all home games, regardless of the school`s membership. You join the SEC and send all your cash to the ACC for home games and get zilch. Zilch. No ACC school would do that. It’s a contractual death sentence.

This is why UT and OU are staying put till their grant ends in 2025. Then the SEC. Clemson won’t announce now for 2036-37. We leave in 15 years! Lol

Advertisement
The ACC and each member school gave ESPN a grant of media rights thru 2035-36. The granting of rights by the conference makes it financial suicide for a member to leave. The exiting school`s media rights, including revenues, would REMAIN in the ACC for all home games, regardless of the school`s membership. You join the SEC and send all your cash to the ACC for home games and get zilch. Zilch. No ACC school would do that. It’s a contractual death sentence.

This is why UT and OU are staying put till their grant ends in 2025. Then the SEC. Clemson won’t announce now for 2036-37. We leave in 15 years! Lol

Which is y I said they’re not leaving til 2025 initially.

Advertisement
Back