REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

the Acc should end but wont. too expensive for any team to get out So expansion is best thing for miami n acc. get penn st and nd n call it a day but that’s not happening. If somehow the acc could get uscW to join for football only that would be huge

Get one west coast team to play six games 3,000 miles away? Every year?

Advertisement
Alabama - 7
Miami - 5
LSU - 3
Clemson - 3
Florida - 3
Nebraska - 3
FSU - 3
Ohio State - 2
USC - 2
Oklahoma - 2
Penn State - 2

Those are programs with multiple championships over the last 40 years, the mean age of anybody alive in the US. Yet, the SEC wants to form its own league without many of those teams. Yet Miami is treated as a completely irrelevant program. Almost every single school on that list went through a full decade of mediocrity during that 40 year stretch, Alabama included. Yet here we are.

The SEC is not guaranteed to be a powerhouse forever, yet here they are trying to steal that. If I was every other school that doesn't have an SEC patch on their jersey I would do everything in my power to ***** them over. If college football was my job at one of those schools I would make it my mission to make this play by them the biggest mistake they ever made.

I'm getting pretty tired of rich, power hungry deep south southerners.

As much as I hate the SEC, some hate should be directed at Texas and Oklahoma as well for starting this possible avalanche. Texas/Oklahoma are both top 10 in generated revenue. They both could've opted to go independent, as they'd not have a big issue scheduling wise. Or, join the Big 10, as they are just consistent in Revenue/Payout as the SEC lately.

And UCLA would join for basketball only. Stanford only for Olympic sports and academic ranking. The Yankees and Dodgers for baseball strength of schedule. And the rumor of the Lakers playing as the Hurricanes really sealed the whole deal for me. Was skeptical until I heard that was included.

Oklahoma is traveling far for all there games.

but I think Texas joining the sec is going to be fun off the field. They’ve been so used to getting whatever they want in the big 12, won’t be the same in sec.

ut is going to dominate the sec in years to come. Austin is around 1million people with no signs of growth stopping.

Advertisement
As much as I hate the SEC, some hate should be directed at Texas and Oklahoma as well for starting this possible avalanche. Texas/Oklahoma are both top 10 in generated revenue. They both could've opted to go independent, as they'd not have a big issue scheduling wise. Or, join the Big 10, as they are just consistent in Revenue/Payout as the SEC lately.
UT is #1 @ ~$225MM.... by themselves....

UT is number 1 even with a decade of irrelevance

They should have joined the ACC if they had seeds. Then tell the NCAA to pound sand and let everyone in the ACC bag up like the SEC.

Miami has some cultural loyalty, but it doesn’t bring in dollars. In Texas case it’s cultural loyalty backed by oil dollars. That’s the difference.
Not exactly. Miami is a "What have you done for me lately?" culture. Texas is a large swath of loyalty. Don't tell me every Longhorn in the stands is an oil tycoon. Miami fans fill the stands only if there is entertainment value, and in sports terms, that entertainment value is National Implications. Texas doesn't need to have have a National Title at stake or a hated rival to show up to a game. The loyalty goes beyond football, just like Miami's lack of compassion is seen in every public gathering.

Advertisement
Get some of the big Pac 12 teams like SC and Oregon. Have them play their west coast division/schedule while the old ACC plays an eastern division/schedule. Winners of both divisions play in Texas for the conference championship. Each team can have 1 or 2 cross over games with the opposite division.

Not exactly. Miami is a "What have you done for me lately?" culture. Texas is a large swath of loyalty. Don't tell me every Longhorn in the stands is an oil tycoon. Miami fans fill the stands only if there is entertainment value, and in sports terms, that entertainment value is National Implications. Texas doesn't need to have have a National Title at stake or a hated rival to show up to a game. The loyalty goes beyond football, just like Miami's lack of compassion is seen in every public gathering.
Most longhorn fans are wiling to support the program through thick and thin.

Also, while the Avengers have a Hulk, UT has a Red McCombs.

Advertisement
Alabama - 7
Miami - 5
LSU - 3
Clemson - 3
Florida - 3
Nebraska - 3
FSU - 3
Ohio State - 2
USC - 2
Oklahoma - 2
Penn State - 2

Those are programs with multiple championships over the last 40 years, the mean age of anybody alive in the US. Yet, the SEC wants to form its own league without many of those teams. Yet Miami is treated as a completely irrelevant program. Almost every single school on that list went through a full decade of mediocrity during that 40 year stretch, Alabama included. Yet here we are.

The SEC is not guaranteed to be a powerhouse forever, yet here they are trying to steal that. If I was every other school that doesn't have an SEC patch on their jersey I would do everything in my power to ***** them over. If college football was my job at one of those schools I would make it my mission to make this play by them the biggest mistake they ever made.

I am not a southerner but live in the Deep South. I would like your post a 100 times if I could. Rich southerners have wielded undue power and influence in this country for generations.

Last edited:
Oklahoma is traveling far for all there games.

but I think Texas joining the sec is going to be fun off the field. They’ve been so used to getting whatever they want in the big 12, won’t be the same in sec.

ut is going to dominate the sec in years to come. Austin is around 1million people with no signs of growth stopping.
Fun fact, I was down to the Longhorns and the Canes when I was picking a College team to follow so I keep a closer eye on them than most non-ACC teams.

The Longhorns have been irrelevant for so long - I don't care how big Austin is and how rich they (and their boosters) are.

This is pure greed from them and Oklahoma. The rest of College football should try to trip them up anyway they can.

The only ways that I can see Miami coming out of this (not to say there aren't other winning possibilities) in real good shape is if:

1. ND joins the ACC (they've given no indication they would).

or

2. Miami is invited to the SEC (not happening, so just stop).

or

3. Miami is invited to the Big 10 (note: edited my typo). I really don't see this happening but if the SEC picks off all the big ACC cherries that culturally fit them (Clemson, FSU, UNC) the Big 10 might decide to expand bigly, geography be damned, and we could be in play. I think we'd fall somewhere after ND, USC, UCLA, Sanford, Oregon, Washington and Cal in the pecking order though.

Guess what? The future and health of Miami football resides with the convicts (ND).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alabama - 7
Miami - 5
LSU - 3
Clemson - 3
Florida - 3
Nebraska - 3
FSU - 3
Ohio State - 2
USC - 2
Oklahoma - 2
Penn State - 2

1) Our Canes are an irrelevant program from SEC's strategic plan perspective

2) People don't like SEC throwing their levers of power, then throw their own or stop them... SEC isn't stealing anything, they are dominating and taking... big, BIG difference.

3) "Deep South Southerners" (kinda a double-double) aren't the boogey man you think they are

The only ways that I can see Miami coming out of this (not to say there aren't other winning possibilities) in real good shape is if:

1. ND joins the ACC (they've given no indication they would).

or

2. Miami is invited to the SEC (not happening, so just stop).

or

3. Miami is invited to the Big 12. I really don't see this happening but if the SEC picks off all the big ACC cherries that culturally fit them (Clemson, FSU, UNC) the Big 10 might decide to expand bigly, geography be damned, and we could be in play. I think we'd fall somewhere after ND, USC, UCLA, Sanford, Oregon, Washington and Cal in the pecking order though.

Guess what? The future and health of Miami football resides with the convicts (ND).
Unless the acc folds, nd can not join a conference not called the acc for 15 more years.

the buyout is too big for us to leave to the sec. Fsu is broke so they are not going anywhere.

f the sec and us going to the big 12 makes zero sense. they are going to be a group of 6 conference. It would take miami and a minimum of 3 more teams to even get to 12 teams. That conference is done.

only conference we join would be if a new conference emerges that is coast to coast. This would be better then the sec.

ACC should wait it out this year. The Big 10 is in a weird situation coming up cause their tv rights expire in 2023.
My opinion put the full court on PSU. PSU has enough clout to pull ND in the ACC. Then you ask for SEC type money. You'd have the teams with enough star power to attract a lot of viewers every week.

Advertisement
Back