REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Great observation. Yes there are certainly other institutions who get funding. AAU has (continues to try) to brand/position themselves as the platinum association of research/scientific schools (their members are a who's who). Their "thing" is making it that much "easier" for selection committees to say yes because, well, "they are AAU and of course thier standards are very high and better than..."

I believe you are familiar with healrhcare industry. A facility technically doesn't need accreditation by AAAHC or TJC, but no serious institution goes without, amd between the two, TJC is far and away the most sought after designation.

Don't get me wrong, it is a racket, but it exists and is a real issue.

My knowledge is granular, limited to IRB (institutional review boards)/clinical trials.

Advertisement
ACC/ PAC 12 self preservation plan.........Here you go:

Two Divisions EAST/WEST (ACC/PAC 12)

EAST Division consists of the entire ACC (ACC kicks out 2 teams or expands to 14 games)
West Division consists of the entire PAC 12 (PAC 12 adds 2 teams or stays the same)

The East Division plays all other East Division teams and their is a Division Champ
The West Division plays all other West Division teams and their is a Division Champ

East Division and West Division Champs face each other on a neutral field at the end of the year to name a Conference Champion
I saw your post before and ignored it for a reason
Right now it's all about the money and who can secure the most, and best markets. These players are getting paid and everyone else wants to make sure the ROI is maximum

Advertisement
Advertisement
Coaches will never agree to a salary cap. Programs already circumvent the limit on the number of coaches with analysts. And, there is no evidence of ROI in paying higher salaries equating to success. Michigan pays (or was paying) Harbaugh and staff as much as any program. They still can’t beat Ohio State.

Parity can only be improved by conferences realizing parity benefits all programs. NFL teams compete on the field but the owners know the league is healthier when all teams have an equal opportunity to succeed. This does not guarantee equal outcomes, of course. The Detroit Lions, Cincinnati Bengals, and NY Jets have the same opportunities to hire quality coaches and draft/sign players. Unfortunately for their fans the organization can’t make the right choices.

IMO, a reduction in scholarships is key. Does a team really need 85 players, plus non-scholarship walk-ons? Reduce scholarships to 70, or 65, and more programs have access to the talent pool. You would need checks and balances to ensure boosters are paying the bills to stash a top recruit as walk-on, but that can be done.

post of the week.

unfortunately, what you are saying and proposing makes way too much sense to be understood by those guys, much less implemented.

Advertisement
According to this place, every day in every way.

Never seen a softer group of dudes in my life.

It really is something. All these dudes spend years acting gangsta and the minute some unexpected development comes up, they’re all beta cucks.

Miami isn’t going to be left out in the cold. Even through the majority of our “down” years over the last 2 decades, we’re among the top 30-40 CFB programs.

No way the CFB powers-that-be are going to throw away a 5-time national champ who still gets among the highest TV ratings annually when we play big rivalry games.

This could be the thing that finally fixes college football, but not in the way most people think. Football can split into the SEC where the players are legally classified as paid professionals (this simply recognizes the fact that they have been paying high school recruits hundreds of thousands for many years now) who are "affiliated" with a college and a "National Super Conference of Amateur Athletes" of all the non SEC teams where the focus is actually on supporting and developing college amateur student-athletes.

As I said in a previous post, there should be a salary cap on total compensation for a coaching staff in the new collegiate super conference. Could be a hard cap or a soft cap, where if a deep pocketed program goes over the total compensation, they get hit with a massive luxury tax and have to pay a huge percentage to all the other teams. The conference enforcement will basically be former IRS auditors who are looking at sneaky ways that coaches get compensation (total compensation, not just salary) . Players are still eligible for NIL, but they also get focused education on marketing and investing.

Let the SEC become a college-affiliated XFL. They can call themselves the KKKFL. And just like with the XFL, most football fans don't want to watch a ****tier professional football so they will eventually wither away and die.

The rest of the country will watch the collegiate superconference games and CFB will go back to what it intended to be: focused on actual student-athletes instead of this farce we have today where a couple teams buy recruits and can out spend other programs by orders of magnitude.

When Bama wins their SEC championship for the 15th straight year and makes noise that they want to play the NSCAA champ to prove who is the undisputed national champ, the NSCAA should tell the SEC to f#ck off and that having amateur student athletes play against paid professionals doesn't make any sense.

In terms of bringing the SEC to its knees, nothing will make their teams capitulate faster than the rest of cfb collectively agreeing that they are going to create an independent collegiate association free of the SEC and that a league without spending limits on coaching in order to level the playing field is illegitimate and will not be recognized as an amateur college football national champ. It's not some kind of remarkable feat for college programs that have

130 million in net profit
11 million dollar a year coach,
assistant coaches making 3+ million a year
60 analysts who are former head coaches
boosters that pay 5 star HS recruits hundreds of thousands of dollars

To beat smaller universities with 1/10 the resources for a national championship. Sorry, I'm not that impressed with buying a national championship trophy.
I am down with this. I have lost interest in most games. The teams that join the super conference, have fun being crushed but you’ll get a check. Michigan, Texas, Oregon to name a few.

That said, the transfer portal would be interesting. Kids coming ‘down’ and some kids going ‘up’. Recruiting would change but plenty of kids go to the NFL from schools that are not super powers.

It’s an interesting concept that has been rolling around my head a bit but you spelled it out more eloquently than I could have so, nice work.

In reality, the second Miami is ‘back’, they will get investigated so maybe this is the answer.

Advertisement
Alabama - 7
Miami - 5
LSU - 3
Clemson - 3
Florida - 3
Nebraska - 3
FSU - 3
Ohio State - 2
USC - 2
Oklahoma - 2
Penn State - 2

Those are programs with multiple championships over the last 40 years, the mean age of anybody alive in the US. Yet, the SEC wants to form its own league without many of those teams. Yet Miami is treated as a completely irrelevant program. Almost every single school on that list went through a full decade of mediocrity during that 40 year stretch, Alabama included. Yet here we are.

The SEC is not guaranteed to be a powerhouse forever, yet here they are trying to steal that. If I was every other school that doesn't have an SEC patch on their jersey I would do everything in my power to ***** them over. If college football was my job at one of those schools I would make it my mission to make this play by them the biggest mistake they ever made.

I'm getting pretty tired of rich, power hungry deep south southerners.

Why do so many of you WANT the ACC to survive? What has the ACC done for us?
the Acc should end but wont. too expensive for any team to get out So expansion is best thing for miami n acc. get penn st and nd n call it a day but that’s not happening. If somehow the acc could get uscW to join for football only that would be huge

Advertisement
Back