REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Here’s a low hanging fruit. How about when she didn’t disclose the ongoing investigation to Al Golden and the extension and raise we had to give him as a mea culpa.

Here’s a lower hanging fruit, how about that piece of shlt Golden already knowing about what was going on like the whole rest of the fūcking world. I knew about it, you knew about it, everybody knew about it, but Golden and his agent didn’t know about it?

Give me a fūcking break. You’re scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Also, what does that have to do with the topic we are discussing?

Advertisement
People keep bringing up Rutgers. They are NOTHING, and have been NOTHING for almost a full century. They don't capture the NYC market, they just happen to be the largest program in that area. The typical person in that part of the country doesn't care about college football, if they grew up there. That said, you have a lot of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State alums in that area, and they care. Frankly, Rutgers managed to fail upwards, despite bringing nothing to the table. They needed another program to pair with Maryland when they moved, and Rutgers was pretty much the only "Major" program available.
Agree.
The Big 10 already had the NY market with the those alums mentioned.
Rutgers didn't add a thing.

Are there are CFB fans around? Of course.
In relative terms. Not many.

Screenshot_20210724-150334_SmartNews.jpg

Assuming we don't lose Clemson or anyone else from the conference, schools like ND, Pedo State, South Carolina, and UCF seem like possible adds. You can put ND & South Carolina in the coastal while UCF & PSU goes to the Atlantic. We get to play the Irish yearly and South Carolina gets North Carolina yearly while keeping their cross division rivalry game vs Clemson.

They don't need Miami to get our recruits. They will just pay more for recruits.

And they could also overplay their hand.

It’s not like if Miami gets left out in the cold there are zero heavy hitters in South Florida that aren't going to start wilding.

I’m just spitballing, but all actions have consequences, and sometimes there are unintended consequences, which can’t be projected or predicted, including the reaction of politicians, community and business leaders, and public opinion. Again, just spitballing.

Advertisement
Here’s a lower hanging fruit, how about that piece of shlt Golden already knowing about what was going on like the whole rest of the fūcking world. I knew about it, you knew about it, everybody knew about it, but Golden and his agent didn’t know about it?

Give me a fūcking break. You’re scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Also, what does that have to do with the topic we are discussing?
How she handled the process from start to finish and mismanaged university’s funds. You can’t pick and choose the parts you think she did well vs. didn’t. Notice I don’t blame her for taking the money and bringing Nevin in the fold, and give her credit for the academic side. She made a good hire in Hocutt, though she also hired Eichert and James. I just don’t bow at the temple of Shalala and think she is above criticism.

Advertisement
So here’s another way to think about it. WHO is writing the checks for the SEC?

ESPN.

So you gotta think, if this realignment is all about TV deals and money, then it’s really ESPN execs in New York calling a lot of the shots behind the scenes. Not so much the redneck schools.

Check out this article from ESPN from back in April, and you’ll get an idea how they see us. I think we’ll be just fine.

Would the Gator and Alabama love to dismantle UM and take our ****? Yeah, but it’s not up to them. It’s always up to the man writing the checks.

Remember this well.

Two guys left Miami out and included Missouri.
One included "every champion over the last 19 years", the others criteria was "teams that have experienced the most success over the past 15 years or so with their ability to generate maximum revenue".

Interesting timeframes.

Advertisement
Assuming we don't lose Clemson or anyone else from the conference, schools like ND, Pedo State, South Carolina, and UCF seem like possible adds. You can put ND & South Carolina in the coastal while UCF & PSU goes to the Atlantic. We get to play the Irish yearly and South Carolina gets North Carolina yearly while keeping their cross division rivalry game vs Clemson.
The Big Ten makes $200 million more in TV money than the ACC and will survive. Why would Penn State leave?

Advertisement
The Big Ten makes $200 million more in TV money than the ACC and will survive. Why would Penn State leave?
Is there a credible report anywhere that (1) The SEC is looking to go beyond 16 teams?, (2) that a big 10 school would possibly want to leave (impossible to me) or (3) that Carolina, Clemson or Virginia could even leave if they wanted to? I believe the acc has their schools locked in for another 10 years plus. Once the conferences hit sixteen schools, It's hard to go much higher and have any scheduling credibility or to grow the pie that much bigger so each school makes more money.

Not to mention, impossible for me to think that the state assemblies in North Carolina or Virginia would ever allow NC State or VA Tech to be orphaned.

Advertisement
Back