REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

I wish we could just kick out Wake Forest and Duke (just Football)

No one wants to come here and split their revenue with those programs in their biggest sport.

When the State of North Carolina was trying to throw their weight around on the ACC a couple years ago (over the trans bathroom laws) the ACC should of been like so what? All we're losing is mediocre North Carolina schools. No one would take Duke in anything but basketball. Wake Forest would become a MAC school.

Advertisement
Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.

A little too clever by half.

Didn’t read the whole thread to see if you guys figured it out, but the guy who tweeted that was trolling. It’s not true. He’s the producer for Barstool’s college football show and a classic **** poster.

Listen guys Miami ****ed themselves during the shalala administration. In 2001 we were the greatest team in the nation, we had a history of greatness going back to the 80's, and the school was in the best recruiting grounds in the nation. After shalala took over Miami de-prioritized football, that is fact. We can debate what was done and why - and have on this board. But we have had 20 years to get our **** together and get a nationally competitive program on the field. We have chosen for whatever reason not to do that. We can't get ****ed when the 20 best teams in the nation who do prioritize their football programs decide to do something that benefits them and leaves us out in the cold. We could have been in, if even once we revered course and made football important at Miami again. In Alabama, Clemson, Ohio it's win at all costs. At Miami it's "all about the E" whatever that means? We have put ourselves in this position. If or when this happens we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I respect Alabama and Coach Saban, and am envious of the University's willingness to make that program what it is "the college football team". Those teams have earned the opportunity to be in there, and we have not.
Dumbest post ever.

Advertisement
The pod concept gives us a chance to "fully include" Notre Dame without the outright need for them to play a full slate. With kids receiving money, everything is all about money now. If you don't get this concept, you're being left in the pre-pandemic era.

Without anyone else defecting,...1 major school to fill the void would give us enough cover to still pitch a 16-team league that competes with the SEC and B1G.

Sell the IMAGERY that Notre Dame really is in the conference. It only makes the ACC's pitch to kids stronger. Them choosing to be left out of championship games can simply be a footnote.

Purposely keep 1-2 yearly cross rivals in other pods. Have ND's 2-3 additional games outside of their pod count as NConference games, yet have the other 3 teams within their pods battle it out for a yearly Semifinal match.

View attachment 150423

We can then have a much better chance at premier matchups for conference games that we've envisioned for the conference, but have had yet to develop. Hate to say it, but it's all about convincing the kids to not simply go to an SEC school at this point.

Will repost in a couple threads instead of starting a new one (there are enough).

West Virginia?

The guy who originally reported it is not legit. He works for barstool and is wrong 90% of the time. There is no way he would have this info before anyone else.

Advertisement
Until you see a respected national reporter run with that, exercise caution.
Elliot only reported on FSU. I'd say he's pretty connected to that university. Not saying it really says anything as I'm sure almost everyone has reached out to the SEC. Get in where u fit in.

As I said earlier, that's a nice wish burger but ND has all the leverage. They can tell the ACC to F off and go to the Big 10 who would welcome them with open arms. You can't bluff when your opponent knows your cards.
Been saying the same thing to people for a long while now .... As long as ND has a path to the playoffs they'll stay independent .... There's no reason for them to join anything... Conferences will schedule them cause it brings in views... This is all about money... The actual game is secondary at this point...

Advertisement
There is zero chance that Michigan leaves the BiG 10. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly has no connection to U of M (not to be mistaken for UM).
I’m sure your opinion is pretty accurate but Michigan is a business and no good business would never not consider its options, especially if it’s a great opportunity. SEC is about to become its own Athletics government (for lack of better words). You do not want to miss that boat.

Bud Elliot reported it also.

Bud Elliot didn’t “report“ anything of the sort.

Stop lying and spreading misinformation.

Here is what he actually said. Some CYA BS in case this stuff turns out to be true.

A wet-behind-the-ears rookie like you doesn’t know how the game is played. Learn to think first before jumping in with both feet or you’ll stay hungry, not greedy, your whole life.

7486E692-B602-42EB-BEE7-13C3AC8E367C.jpeg

The Big 10 makes more money than the SEC.

Adding TCU Baylor WV n maybe ND will also give the ACC a boost.

Advertisement
Pretty sure it was LCE said a while back that he’d be interested in Miami in the Big12..

Now that everything is going wild in cfb and big 12 losing their two babies in Texas and Oklahoma, would y’all be for it or against it?

Curious to hear y’all thoughts.
Big 12 about to be the next Big East. Absolutely not. I rarely disagree with LCE but that was a take I did not agree with.

Point taken but last week if it was reported OU and Texas were heading to the SEC then you would have said the same thing.
No I would not have said the same thing. Texas and OU have been grumbling about leaving the conference for more than ten years. They came very close to leaving for the PAC 12 a while back. The Big 12 was always an uncomfortable marriage between the old SWC and Big 8 conferences. Their situation is in no way comparable to Michigan and OSU in the Big Ten.

Advertisement
Back