REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

It's really that they're going to have better access to OUR recruits while selling their product. This is really the problem -- kids leaving from home for the semi-pro league that all the NFL scouts keep their eyes on.

The pod concept gives us a chance to "fully include" Notre Dame without the outright need for them to play a full slate. We need 1 taker (and so long as ND plays their 3 pod games that count within group standings, yet elect to not participate in conference semifinals,...so what?)

Time to start milking ND for what they bring and sell an "image" of something that can at least have a chance to compete with the SEC.

conferece logo pods.jpg

We can then have a much better chance at premier matchups for conference games that we've envisioned for the conference, but have had yet to develop. Hate to say it, but it's all about convincing the kids to not simply go to an SEC school at this point.

Advertisement
oh no, I don't think OU or Texas are making a smart decision short term at all. it's the long term that is hard to judge, and may be a big boon for them.

I also don't know how this helps a single SEC team in the short term.

Bama: They already dominate and get direct access to the ship/playoff. How do more quality teams help that?
UGA: wining their division regularly. can't get over the bama/championship hump. now the road becomes more difficult.
LSU/UF/Auburn/TAMU: Can't win their division regularly. Now the road becomes more difficult.
TENN/UK/Mizzou: Can't compete for their division regularly already.
Everyone else: Wait, this league is getting even harder?
Texas becomes a 7-5 to 8-4 team consistently, an unless they majorly improve recruiting. They cannot win the SEC under these circumstance.

Advertisement
I’m telling y’all. We have no choice. Us, FSU, and VT need to to the Big 10 or we need to go independent(I prefer option 1). We’re next after the Big 12 and Clemson is going to go to the highest bidder out of fear of losing Dabo.
They losing Dabo anyways…. once the Alabamy job comes open. No matter what conference they in.

Lol.. would they just exit NCAA at that point?

Smh if this happens
That looks like the plan. It’s a hostile takeover and one last middle finger 🖕🏾 to the NCAA. The talk is 3 super conferences. Big playoffs, big money, and telling the NCAA to
1627118717890.gif

But it would be a franken-conference. It would be a bunch of schools from all over, many which have very little in common, flying kids 20,000 miles a year all over. It would be interesting, but the SEC would be the big dog.

But you are on to something. If the SEC made this move it would probably lead to there being three Super-conferences. East, West and South (SEC). Give me the 36-40 best school in the US that we didn't list.

Obviously the SEC one would be far, far superior, and there would definitely be some Power-5 schools left holding the bag who would have to end up in the 3rd tier which would resemble what the AAC looks like now. That level. Which isn't bad football, there just isn't any money to be had.
I'm a believer that CFB fans in general want to see national intrigue when it comes to their sports. They don't want to see the same regional teams fighting it out. That's why fans have become bored with watching Bama vs Clemson every other year in the championship. I personally believe that an ACC/B1G/PAC/BIG12 alliance (with the addition of ND, Navy, Army, Air Force, BYU and some other select schools) where there is a emphasis placed on creating as much parity as possible, would generate more TV revenue per team than the 16 teams the SEC is bringing together. People will get bored really quick with that SEC product. Sure, their regional fan bases will stick around, but the rest of the country will be watching the other league.

Advertisement
If true that the SEC is talking to these B1G teams, that confirms for me that the SEC is really just trying to create enough chaos to bring everybody to the table to accelerate the dismantling of the current system and the complete breakaway from the NCAA. Right now, we have all these conferences with their own set of rules, contractual obligations, etc. etc. and people are stuck in mud. I think the SEC is trying to pour some water on that to loosen it up and get everyone thinking bigger about how to build a new system for the highest level of college football.

Or maybe I'm just wishful thinking...

not if we did a football 95-100% only private university league. Miami, uscW, nd, bc, Pitt, tcu, Syracuse, Baylor, Houston, GT, duke, BYU

solid 12 team league
Solid?!?! One above average team, two slightly above average teams, and a bunch of **** piles? That’s your definition of solid? I’d hate to see what you think is bad…..

Anyone know this guy tweeting it out? Is he reputable or just some dude guessing?
pretty sure FSU and clemson are untouchable for another 15 years......plus i believe universities have to approach the conference.

imo, much more likely the "name" programs from the pac-whatever merge with big10.

pretty sure 65 is the target number a big boy football division.

potential issue is that big10 currently has the biggest numbnuts in sports as their commissioner this moment...and it is unclear if he just university president puppet or if his appalling display of poor leadership that past year was his own creation.

so not much clarity or direction coming from league offices...
(from ohio state's AD perspective)

Advertisement
Listen guys Miami ****ed themselves during the shalala administration. In 2001 we were the greatest team in the nation, we had a history of greatness going back to the 80's, and the school was in the best recruiting grounds in the nation. After shalala took over Miami de-prioritized football, that is fact. We can debate what was done and why - and have on this board. But we have had 20 years to get our **** together and get a nationally competitive program on the field. We have chosen for whatever reason not to do that. We can't get ****ed when the 20 best teams in the nation who do prioritize their football programs decide to do something that benefits them and leaves us out in the cold. We could have been in, if even once we revered course and made football important at Miami again. In Alabama, Clemson, Ohio it's win at all costs. At Miami it's "all about the E" whatever that means? We have put ourselves in this position. If or when this happens we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I respect Alabama and Coach Saban, and am envious of the University's willingness to make that program what it is "the college football team". Those teams have earned the opportunity to be in there, and we have not.

SEC would be taking a step back adding FSPoo...that will not happen, plus UF would block it...

Yes, the SEC “gentlemen’s agreement “ that an SEC team can veto an in state rival from being admitted, if ignored for TA&M, should worry the Gator.

Wonder how South Carolina feelz about Clemson coming in?

Ain’t none of this foolishness good for Miami.
Agree. This century, our basketball team has produced a rare double ACC championship (ACC regular season + ACC Tourney) at least; our football team has been pretty much non-competitive in the Conference. In other words, we don't bring very much to the table in terms of leverage.

Advertisement
SEC would be taking a step back adding FSPoo...that will not happen, plus UF would block it...
Yeah, just like A & M would never allow Texas in right? If there is one thing we should have all learned during the first round of expansion and now the beginning of the second it is- contractual obligations to hold a team in a conference or block a team from joining one are ******* meaningless. Those hurdles are stepped right over every single time. Unless the league members vote no on a school not a single one has been stopped from going wherever they want.

Ya'll need to think bigger.

IF/when SEC makes these moves... ACC/PAC-12/Bxxxx will be forced to combine...

In fact SEC is being a touch myopic here...the money isn't regional... it's national/global...

think two CFB superconferences = NFL's AFC+NFC...

Our Canes playing in Washington (state) not a big deal really.. expense for sure... but they will figure it out...

CFB heading down same path as NFL structure and playoff format...

PAC12 hasnt pulled it off... yet... watch out when someone figures out Asian market $$$$ flr CFB....

Advertisement
Back