REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

At the end of the day the future is truly unpredictable. All you can do is prepare and give it your best effort.

Hopefully people like Stuart Miller, Jose Mas, et al, are burning the midnight oil. It’s not like we don’t have some sharks down here too.

Right, @RVACane ?
Yes sir… I think in the new landscape, and with the NIL putting things in the open and legal/legitimized, we could see our sharks decide to feed as well. I need to have a couple of conversations when I have a chance to get a feel for it.

Advertisement
I doubt this happens. Ohio State and Clemson are currently cash cows at their current conferences. Why join the Super SEC and compete with Alabama, Texas, LSU and Oklahoma? What is the draw?

Also, I could be way wrong but wouldn’t they make more money going 13-0 making the playoffs as a top 3 seed and playing lesser ranked teams enroute to a championship, then going 8-4 and maybe squeaking in to the playoff? Unless you are a fan of those teams who’s gonna watch that nonsense?

Personally I don’t see the draw for that kind of conference at all.

None of this is happening til 2025, from what I read. There’s an $80m penalty per school if they jump ship early. A lot can happen in 3 yrs for all these conferences
I’ve read they’re going to pay and will be playing In sec 2022

Advertisement
Miami's administration has been and continues to be, the intersection of apathy and incompetence.

It's manifested itself into us NOT being the primary team people are looking at to see how conference realignments shake out.
WHY WOULD WE BE, EVEN IF WE WERE WINNING? You idiots think that a small private school, with a small alumni base, and garbage fan support would be a top target? No, they want the huge state schools that have regional appeal. They want the schools that fit the profile. Never.mind the fact that Miami in the SEC would doom any hope we have of ever competing, not like it's going to happen anyway.

Miami is also screwed, because UF will actively do everything possible to keep Miami on the outside looking in, and FSU has taken up that mindset too, a recent change.

I doubt this happens. Ohio State and Clemson are currently cash cows at their current conferences. Why join the Super SEC and compete with Alabama, Texas, LSU and Oklahoma? What is the draw?

Also, I could be way wrong but wouldn’t they make more money going 13-0 making the playoffs as a top 3 seed and playing lesser ranked teams enroute to a championship, then going 8-4 and maybe squeaking in to the playoff? Unless you are a fan of those teams who’s gonna watch that nonsense?

Personally I don’t see the draw for that kind of conference at all.

is money or competing what these schools want?

is money or competing what these schools want?
I think those each go hand in hand though. How much money is to be had joining a league with teams you play in high leverage games to begin with? Clemson has played Bama and Ohio State multiple teams in the CFP. Why join and risk losing to them in a regular season game and possibly missing the playoffs?

Advertisement
2019 is officially the last year of great college football. 2020 we had covid. Probably still some covid stuff this year. And now this crap. My god can it be 2001 again. The sec fanboy crap has ruined college football.

Also real talk what is the pac12 doing right now? Just scared and crying and doing nothing ?
2001 was the last year of great college football.

Funny - in Europe teams tried a Super League for only the best soccer teams f*** everyone else over. The fans revolted. American owners were called out and threatened.

Here in America, everyone bends over to the almighty dollar with “amateurs” and free NFL labor in play. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If acc leadership had brains and balls , they would be on a conference call with TAMU and ND, trying to get them in the conference (SEC straight up lied to TAMU about not letting Texas in) If you add those two, I think it's a much bigger coup than Texas and Oklahoma.
That would be a sick move!

I cannot be alone with this thought. A&M and Texas blow. What is the fascination? I know, always follow rule number one. Follow the money.

Grabbing A&M and ND would be a nice twist but you would have to lock up OkeyDabo and the ****** Noles who are up to no good right now. Talk about acting like a 2 dollar hookah.

Advertisement
Yes sir… I think in the new landscape, and with the NIL putting things in the open and legal/legitimized, we could see our sharks decide to feed as well. I need to have a couple of conversations when I have a chance to get a feel for it.
Yeah, I know that’s a long haul, let me know. Hope all is well.

Advertisement
Neither does TAMU. Theyre not leaving the SEC, so what are they going to talk about? Manure?

Posturing? Waiting for the other guy to blink? Sabre rattling? I honestly don’t know.

And what’s worse is, I think you’re right, I don’t think they know.

There is an outside chance that they hold some cards, and threaten to leave but I tend more to think that you are correct about them not leaving the SEC. But with everything that’s going on, who really knows.

I think one thing is clear, they are not happy.

I think those each go hand in hand though. How much money is to be had joining a league with teams you play in high leverage games to begin with? Clemson has played Bama and Ohio State multiple teams in the CFP. Why join and risk losing to them in a regular season game and possibly missing the playoffs?

conferences have to evenly share tv revenues. If you’re in you eat.

Advertisement
Back