REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
From a local newscaster in Dallas:

If acc leadership had brains and balls , they would be on a conference call with TAMU and ND, trying to get them in the conference (SEC straight up lied to TAMU about not letting Texas in) If you add those two, I think it's a much bigger coup than Texas and Oklahoma.

I am with you partner. Rule number one is always…. Follow the money. I wrote earlier that Texas blows but they have scratch.

I don’t live in Florida and I am not a football guy so I can’t talk recruiting and I can’t talk X’s and O’s So this is a subject I can give my idiotic opinions on. I should probably stay in my lane but I am ALWAYS a follow the money guy. Money, power and *** drives the bus and usually is where answers lie.

I mean Texas has literally sucked. You can make the argument they have sucked worse than Miami because they have a zillion times more money than Miami. How can you suck that bad with all that money? But yet they are the belle of the ball now. Why? Because they sure do look pretty with those big bags of cash.

At the end of the day as long as we have a seat at the table that’s all that counts.

I think common sense will prevail and we will somehow find a maneuver that gets us in the game. We still have a brand that sells and are in a large attractive market.

Leaving us out would create a tremendous amount of blowback.

Advertisement
Since everyone is talking about conference changes I decided to come up with my own because what the ****.

SEC
East: UF, Tenn, Kentucky, Georgia tech, Georgia, App state, Vandy, Oklahoma
West: Alabama, auburn, texas, Texas A&M, Louisiana, LSU, UAB, Ole miss

ACC
Coastal: Miami, UCF, FSU, South
Carolina, Rutgers, Pitt, UNC, Duke
Atlantic: Clemson, Vtech, UVA, Nc state, Maryland, Coastal Carolina, Wake forest, West Virginia

PAC-12
NORTH: USC, Colorado, Utah, UCLA, Arizona state, Arizona, BYU, San Diego state
South: Stanford, Washington, Easterm Washington, Colorado state, Oregon, Oregon state, Cal, Wash State

Big 10
North: North Dakota state, Indiana, Ohio state, Penn state, Boston college, Michigan, Michigan state, Cincinnati
South: Northwestern, Notre dame, Wisconsin, Minnesota , Purdue, Illinois, Louisville, Missouri

Big 12
North: Iowa, Iowa state, Kansas state, Houston, Baylor, SMU, Baylor, Kansas
South: Oklahoma state, T Tech, TCU, Nebraska, Arkansas, Nevada, Mississippi state, North Texas

AAC:
East: Tulsa, Navy, Tulane, USF, Marshal, Umass, FAU, FIU
West: Memphis, Air Force, Boise state, Rice, Southern miss, New Mexico State, Liberty, Arkansas state

MAC:
East: Ball state, Toledo, Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, central Michigan, northern Illinois, Temple, Army
West: Buffalo, hawaii, Bowling Green, Akron, Kent state, Miami Ohio, Ohio, Wyoming

I did not put much stock into East/West for most of them cuz I don’t have that kind of time to worry about geographic grammar. But what say you?

Ma'am, I'll have what he's having. But make mine a single. I don't want to get sloppy like that.
The SEC has:

Oklahoma - blue blood
Texas - blue blood
Alabama - blue blood
Arkansas - average
Auburn - blue blood
Florida - blue blood
Georgia - blue blood
Kentucky - garbage
LSU - blue blood
Mississippi State - garbage
Missouri - average
Ole Miss - average
South Carolina - average
Tennessee - blue blood
Texas A&M - blue blood
Vanderbildt - lol

Everybody else needs to blow up the ACC, the Big 10, and the PAC, and form a similar 16 team league:

Miami - blue blood
Florida State - blue blood
Clemson - blue blood
North Carolina - average
Virginia Tech - average
Michigan - blue blood
Nebraska - blue blood
Ohio State - blue blood
Penn State - blue blood
Wisconsin - average
USCw - blue blood
UCLA - average
Oregon - average
Washington - average
Arizona - average
Notre Dame - blue blood

That would make two balanced leagues, 32 teams total. Then you have your 4 pod system, so Miami would be in a 'pod' with FSU, Clemson, UNC, Va Tech... and you have the pods play each other in a league playoff, and the SEC champion plays the new league champion in a college football superbowl deal.

That's really the only way to bring balance. Otherwise it's the SEC and everyone who isn't SEC. And that will kill college football over time.

I'll repeat what I wrote earlier today BEFORE this Clemson/FSU/OSU rumor started, when people thought this was just an OU/ Texas thing, in response to a poster who proposed Miami to the Big 10:

Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.

Advertisement
If acc leadership had brains and balls , they would be on a conference call with TAMU and ND, trying to get them in the conference (SEC straight up lied to TAMU about not letting Texas in) If you add those two, I think it's a much bigger coup than Texas and Oklahoma.
Said it before. The new ACC commish spent time at ND as an associate AD. Better hope they liked him and he has some strong relationships remaining.

Advertisement
I mean Texas has literally sucked. You can make the argument they have sucked worse than Miami because they have a zillion times more money than Miami. How can you suck that bad with all that money? But yet they are the belle of the ball now. Why? Because they sure do look pretty with those big bags of cash.

At the end of the day as long as we have a seat at the table that’s all that counts.

I think common sense will prevail and we will somehow find a maneuver that gets us in the game. We still have a brand that sells and are in a large attractive market.

Leaving us out would create a tremendous amount of blowback.
Texas. All the resources and the slop they put on the field. But yes, they have gobs of loot.

Common sense and TV markets/brand should prevail. But we are talking about greedy people with agendas. Let’s see what happens.

Lol at anyone saying let’s talk to the B1G.

But back to ur point, OP….The B12 was on life support a couple yrs back. They’ve lost Colorado, Nebraska, and A&M. Them losing UT & OU?? Bruh; they’re doneskis. They might as well fold up shop.

Now, back to this asinine theory of joining The B1G. If we can’t handle UNC, and struggle w/ VT, GT, and ****, even Duke, then how in THEE BLUEST OF FCKS r we going to beat Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, and Meeechigan on a yearly basis??? Some where Jonathan Taylor is still running down our throats. Be logical. Not only is it not a geographical fit, it’s not a cultural fit, either.
Lq77mzVcyq8WfU1cVF.gif

I better not see anybody sitting down when Pastor Relly on the pulpit.

Advertisement
Texas. All the resources and the slop they put on the field. But yes, they have gobs of loot.

Common sense and TV markets/brand should prevail. But we are talking about greedy people with agendas. Let’s see what happens.
I think their issue is that their big money people get hyper-involved and muck everything up.

At the end of the day the future is truly unpredictable. All you can do is prepare and give it your best effort.

Hopefully people like Stuart Miller, Jose Mas, et al, are burning the midnight oil. It’s not like we don’t have some sharks down here too.

Right, @RVACane ?

Advertisement
Back