REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.

Welp. That was fast. FML.

54F612EE-B4F3-4B74-BC53-1964746A8287.png

The concept I laid out adds only two more teams than they are about to have. And if they don't kick Arkansas and Mizzou to the curb, they can essentially have two power conferences within the SEC. They won't destroy CFB, they will dominate it. They will have the best, and second best conferences in the country INSIDE the SEC. Can you imagine the TV revenue? My god. Then the additional revenue from a monster SECCG, merch, etc. Everything will supercharge. With a 12-16 team playoff, there is still room for other conferences to do their thing. But they will get eaten alive in the playoffs and on the trail.

Why would they want to take it all for themselves and murder others? Human nature and greed, sadly. Be scared.
Allot of people would stop watching.

The SEC has:

Oklahoma - blue blood
Texas - blue blood
Alabama - blue blood
Arkansas - average
Auburn - blue blood
Florida - blue blood
Georgia - blue blood
Kentucky - garbage
LSU - blue blood
Mississippi State - garbage
Missouri - average
Ole Miss - average
South Carolina - average
Tennessee - blue blood
Texas A&M - blue blood
Vanderbildt - lol

Everybody else needs to blow up the ACC, the Big 10, and the PAC, and form a similar 16 team league:

Miami - blue blood
Florida State - blue blood
Clemson - blue blood
North Carolina - average
Virginia Tech - average
Michigan - blue blood
Nebraska - blue blood
Ohio State - blue blood
Penn State - blue blood
Wisconsin - average
USCw - blue blood
UCLA - average
Oregon - average
Washington - average
Arizona - average
Notre Dame - blue blood

That would make two balanced leagues, 32 teams total. Then you have your 4 pod system, so Miami would be in a 'pod' with FSU, Clemson, UNC, Va Tech... and you have the pods play each other in a league playoff, and the SEC champion plays the new league champion in a college football superbowl deal.

That's really the only way to bring balance. Otherwise it's the SEC and everyone who isn't SEC. And that will kill college football over time.
The gaytor and TN blue blood?! LMAO!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sec is voting next week on Texas and Oklahoma def don’t have to wait till 2025

It has nothing to do w/ the SEC. UT & OU have contractural obligations to the B12 until 2025, unless they wanna fork over $80m. Being that EVERY school lost $ due to Covid, not sure that’s something they want to entertain.

Advertisement
People are focusing on Texas and Oklahoma right now and in all honesty...it's not what we should be focused on.

All eyes on Clemson. They are going to determine just how much chaos is in store with regards to conference realignments. I sincerely hope Miami has already reached out to them and is on good terms....because we need to latch on to them and hopefully be part of the package deal.

If Clemson leaves for the SEC or the Big 10, you can stick a nail in the ACC coffin. Miami needs to get ahead of this and be prepared to make a move.

Advertisement
Wow. Just remember I called this before it got out. See the field. Game it all out. FML.

I really don't think OSU and Michigan would go, though. Clemson and FSU would do it in a heartbeat IMO.
Then the ACC could bring in Notre Dame and West Virginia.

The ACC needs to tell Notre Dame its all sports or it's nothing. This should have happened last year when the ACC had Notre Dame over a barrel because of COVID.

People are focusing on Texas and Oklahoma right now and in all honesty...it's not what we should be focused on.

All eyes on Clemson. They are going to determine just how much chaos is in store with regards to conference realignments. I sincerely hope Miami has already reached out to them and is on good terms....because we need to latch on to them and hopefully be part of the package deal.

If Clemson leaves for the SEC or the Big 10, you can stick a nail in the ACC coffin.
The ACC is a joke and let’s face it, Miami has been asleep at the wheel collecting checks for years. When Miami gets left holding Herman, the school should look directly into a mirror and blame nobody but themselves.

Advertisement
Back