REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Rell, hear me out, don’t turn off the tube lol

Big 12 adds back Nebraska, TAMU is super petty ands goes back to the Big 12: now added 2 members with prior rivalries

Now, add Miami, FSU, Clemson, Colorado, Utah, and SMU (couldn’t think of another team) (16 teams)

Now am I crazy, or am I KRAZY lol 😂

Bro; TAMU is hella petty. One of my homies who’s an alum of UT said they left Nike b/c UT signed w/ them. Lol. They already went on wax saying they want to be the only school in TX to rep The SEC, so I can definitely see them go back. Now for the rest of what u said…..yeah bro, I had to turn off the tube. LOL!

Advertisement
Lol at anyone saying let’s talk to the B1G.

But back to ur point, OP….The B12 was on life support a couple yrs back. They’ve lost Colorado, Nebraska, and A&M. Them losing UT & OU?? Bruh; they’re doneskis. They might as well fold up shop.

Now, back to this asinine theory of joining The B1G. If we can’t handle UNC, and struggle w/ VT, GT, and ****, even Duke, then how in THEE BLUEST OF FCKS r we going to beat Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, and Meeechigan on a yearly basis??? Some where Jonathan Taylor is still running down our throats. Be logical. Not only is it not a geographical fit, it’s not a cultural fit, either.
In the scenario we lose fsu and clemson then get me way the fck out the acc.

Geographically is it really any different than the Big East? (anywhere, any team, blah blah blah)

Bro; TAMU is hella petty. One of my homies who’s an alum of UT said they left Nike b/c UT signed w/ them. Lol. They already went on wax saying they want to be the only school in TX to rep The SEC, so I can definitely see them go back. Now for the rest of what u said…..yeah bro, I had to turn off the tube. LOL!
A&M will get over it real quick when they see their new cut of the pie.

In the scenario we lose fsu and clemson then get me way the fck out the acc.

Geographically is it really any different than the Big East? (anywhere, any team, blah blah blah)

Yeah, if we lose FSU & Clemson we gotta be out.

Man, we’re on the EC so it made sense to be in The Big East. The B1G is Midwestern Towns, bro.

Lol at anyone saying let’s talk to the B1G.

But back to ur point, OP….The B12 was on life support a couple yrs back. They’ve lost Colorado, Nebraska, and A&M. Them losing UT & OU?? Bruh; they’re doneskis. They might as well fold up shop.

Now, back to this asinine theory of joining The B1G. If we can’t handle UNC, and struggle w/ VT, GT, and ****, even Duke, then how in THEE BLUEST OF FCKS r we going to beat Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, and Meeechigan on a yearly basis??? Some where Jonathan Taylor is still running down our throats. Be logical. Not only is it not a geographical fit, it’s not a cultural fit, either.
Absolutely 💯!!!! Plus they all are cold weather states which we struggle in. Don’t make any sense whatsoever.

Advertisement
Absolutely 💯!!!! Plus they all are cold weather states which we struggle in. Don’t make any sense whatsoever.

Thank u. Like none of it. Lol

****, I would rather go back to being independent than this (and maybe that’ll force us to give precedence to our AD again since that guaranteed money won’t be there.)

Pretty sure it was LCE said a while back that he’d be interested in Miami in the Big12..

Now that everything is going wild in cfb and big 12 losing their two babies in Texas and Oklahoma, would y’all be for it or against it?

Curious to hear y’all thoughts.
No.

new conference though. UNC, Pitt, BC, Clemson, Fsu, Miami, Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma st, Nebraska, vt, GT, Virginia, nd

We’ll see. It’s going to be like a second pro league, that’s the direction it’s headed and that will turn many people off. There’s a reason people watch college sports over professional.

LOL, most kids that play CFB have been playing since they were 6-7, THEY ARE PROS!!!

Advertisement
The greed would end up killing them though. At the end of the day, the product has to be compelling. People will get bored with the product because there is no parity and they'll stop watching, then the money will dry up. We're already starting to see that with the playoffs, which is the entire reason why they are discussing playoff expansion. The problem is, playoff expansion won't solve the problem because it'll still be the same 4-6 teams that make it to the final 4 every year. People don't want to see Bama vs Clemson in the championship anymore. They are bored with it.

I don't know, there would actually be a ton of parity, it would all just be in the SEC. There would be multiple made for TV matchups every week. Nearly every SEC game would be worthwhile.

As for their own greed killing them, while I disagree, it's possible, and I will point you to the story of the scorpion and the frog, regardless. If you aren't already familiar, give it a google.

Why would that possibly increase the revenue per team? I don't think turning college football into regional sport dominated in the poorest region of the country is a good play for the SEC. Once they have 16 teams, adding further teams, even really solid programs and new markets, are not increasing the size of each piece of the pie.

Are you kidding? They would gobble up 70% of the TV dollars out there. It will be do you have part of the SEC package, or not. The bidding would be astronomical.

The SEC has:

Oklahoma - blue blood
Texas - blue blood
Alabama - blue blood
Arkansas - average
Auburn - blue blood
Florida - blue blood
Georgia - blue blood
Kentucky - garbage
LSU - blue blood
Mississippi State - garbage
Missouri - average
Ole Miss - average
South Carolina - average
Tennessee - blue blood
Texas A&M - blue blood
Vanderbildt - lol

Everybody else needs to blow up the ACC, the Big 10, and the PAC, and form a similar 16 team league:

Miami - blue blood
Florida State - blue blood
Clemson - blue blood
North Carolina - average
Virginia Tech - average
Michigan - blue blood
Nebraska - blue blood
Ohio State - blue blood
Penn State - blue blood
Wisconsin - average
USCw - blue blood
UCLA - average
Oregon - average
Washington - average
Arizona - average
Notre Dame - blue blood

That would make two balanced leagues, 32 teams total. Then you have your 4 pod system, so Miami would be in a 'pod' with FSU, Clemson, UNC, Va Tech... and you have the pods play each other in a league playoff, and the SEC champion plays the new league champion in a college football superbowl deal.

That's really the only way to bring balance. Otherwise it's the SEC and everyone who isn't SEC. And that will kill college football over time.

Advertisement
Ugh
54F612EE-B4F3-4B74-BC53-1964746A8287.png

Advertisement
If the other conferences had any balls, they would band together and take the best of what they've got and give a big middle finger to the SEC. Imagine if the Big10, PAC, ACC and what's left of the Big12 created their own league and told they SEC they can either come to the table and play ball or they can go it alone and see who comes out ahead.

But it would be a franken-conference. It would be a bunch of schools from all over, many which have very little in common, flying kids 20,000 miles a year all over. It would be interesting, but the SEC would be the big dog.

But you are on to something. If the SEC made this move it would probably lead to there being three Super-conferences. East, West and South (SEC). Give me the 36-40 best school in the US that we didn't list.

Obviously the SEC one would be far, far superior, and there would definitely be some Power-5 schools left holding the bag who would have to end up in the 3rd tier which would resemble what the AAC looks like now. That level. Which isn't bad football, there just isn't any money to be had.

Yeah, if we lose FSU & Clemson we gotta be out.

Man, we’re on the EC so it made sense to be in The Big East. The B1G is Midwestern Towns, bro.
I feel you. Make a B1G east conf. and B1G midwest conf. hahaha or like we've seen some of the pod scenarios going on for SEC. I aint looked into it that deep.

With all this realignment talk I fear miami drags their feet and we're stuck moving to aac.

Advertisement
Back