REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Kansas got paid $45 million in licensing fees and generated another $30 million in just ticket sales. I guarantee no one is buying Jayhawks football jerseys. That doesn’t even count the NCAA tournament.

They are one of the three or four jewels of college basketball
That is different than TV deals and what goes into the conference pot.

Advertisement
The next question is are there enough votes to get them in, 2/3 or 11/14 teams need to vote yes. Not sure how Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss & Miss St will feel about this. I'm guessing the money and prestige outweigh everything else.

Totally fair. What I meant was something in line with what SBERG said. This will no longer be the same game, but it will certainly exist.

I’m frustrated by all of this and more than a little reactionary about the future. I don’t think Miami is going to dissolve into obscurity, but I also don’t know if I’ll enjoy this new product as much.

I think the frustrating part to most fans right now, and I think this is actually even happening with the powers that be in College Football, is that there is no central guiding authority, in other words there is no leadership.

The NCAA with Marc Emmert has exhibited extremely weak leadership for as long as I can remember. They were basically in essence just a a weak observer with limited power for a very long time.

The actual power has been in the conferences, and now things are falling apart, and the conferences are exerting their authority, even the individual teams are exerting their authority and their power.

There is a form of barely controlled chaos going on in a sense. I actually think there’s possibly even some scrambling going on behind the scenes. I can imagine there are a lot of even frantic phone calls going on behind the scenes. There is going to be a shaking out. But eventually things will find their equilibrium.

Because at the end of the day college football must go on. Why? There is money to be made. The final product remains to be seen.

But as @Dan E. Dangerously so aptly put it in his analogy, I just want to be sure that Miami has a chair when the musical chairs ends.

A bit outside the box but I (with my Jersey bias) would take a long look at Temple. Philly market and close to Maryland, bridges geographical gap between BC, Cuse and the rest of the conference, recent investments in facilities, NFL stadium, good enough academic profile, and if they don’t make expectations this year they’re lining up a coaching hire that will raise their recruiting profile significantly. Worth kicking the tires

I get your point but Temple does nothing for the ACC in terms of raising it's reputation as a super league. ND and the Big12 leftovers have to be first priority and then you look at higher profile G5 teams (like a Houston). It's a race to raise the conference's profile and not be the bottom feeder.

The only thing that will hold my interest at this point would be the B1G and Pac 12 vs SEC and ACC NFL style.

Advertisement
Miami is very valuable….we’ve just had morons captaining the ship for 30 years.

You get a competent set of managers in here and Miami can be every bit as valuable as any SEC team. Blake James is not the man for the job.

Miami and Florida State are the headliners for the ACC…and Notre Dame if we can add them. Clemson is having s nice run, but it’s temporary.

The ACC isn’t going to grow through acquisitions, all the best properties have been snatched up. it’s gonna have to grow by building up its headliner schools

ACC refs ******** over Miami is the conference shooting itself in the foot. This conference now more than ever needs 1980’s Jimmy Johnson Miami to carry it as the marquis program. The ACC need to be part of making that happen, not part of the problem
ACC refs will 95% of the time look at calls to ***** the U, rather than gift us like they did at Duke years ago.
The pitty patt BS stuff that we saw ongoing last year, does not help the Conference, but make fans questions the veracity of ACC officiating.
The Conference cannot compete with the SEC if a major team in a Conference suffers the outrage of ongoing BS calls on weekends.....
This must improve to be on a more level playing field than it is right now.

I think the frustrating part to most fans right now, and I think this is actually even happening with the powers that be in College Football, is that there is no central guiding authority, in other words there is no leadership.

The NCAA with Marc Emmert has exhibited extremely weak leadership for as long as I can remember. They were basically in essence just a a weak observer with limited power for a very long time.

The actual power has been in the conferences, and now things are falling apart, and the conferences are exerting their authority, even the individual teams are exerting their authority and their power.

There is a form of barely controlled chaos going on in a sense. I actually think there’s possibly even some scrambling going on behind the scenes. I can imagine there are a lot of even frantic phone calls going on behind the scenes. There is going to be a shaking out. But eventually things will find their equilibrium.

Because at the end of the day college football must go on. Why? There is money to be made. The final product remains to be seen.

But as @Dan E. Dangerously so aptly put it in his analogy, I just want to be sure that Miami has a chair when the musical chairs ends.
OCCC the SEC owns the NCAA...........

Big 10 just going all in on the basketball conference rebrand.

They do have a pretty good opportunity to nab Iowa State and Kansas State though. Just creates more natural rivalries in conference.

The only one that really makes sense for the ACC is WVU imo. Just recreating the Big East. Maybe OK State, Baylor and TCU. I wouldn't mind that either. It would definitely make things interesting.

Advertisement
This is the Montreal Screwjob for TAMU. ACC should have a conversation with TAMU immediately since the Aggies are probably in their feelings about the SEC pulling this stunt behind their back. If I'm not mistaken, TAMU made it crystal clear that Texas was forbidden to join the SEC. This was non-negotiable. Hypothetically, if TAMU is salty enough to tell the SEC that the conference busted the deal and now TAMU wants out, adding ND and TAMU would make the ACC just as powerful as the SEC. Unfortunately the people running the ACC aren't smart enough to capitalize on a potential rift between TAMU and the SEC.
I like this idea a lot. ACC should consider this idea. I still doubt A&M leaves.

Only chance for survival is the ACC and Big 10 need to merge and drop dead weight.

miami
Fsu
Clemson
V tech
Unc
ND
G tech
BC or cuse- both are average

Wisconsin
Iowa
ohio st
Pedo
Illinois
Nebraska
Michigan
Mich st
I somewhat of have a similar idea but a little different. The BIG10 and ACC should create a coalition. Work in tandem. Play your conference games with added games on the schedule from teams within the coalition. So, play 6 ACC games from within the coastal division, 1 cross sectional rivalry game (FSU) conference, and you play an additional 4 games against teams from the BIG10 within the coalition. And you still can have the ACC title game and BIG10 title games.

This approach also pushes ND into the ACC full-time, and they get their rivalry games with Michigan and Michigan state back.

It also dovetails nicely with hoops. The ACC and BIG10 already play the annual ACC/BIG10 challenge (goes back 20 years) so both conferences have a history of working together.

That way, you negotiate a billions of dollars TV deal from a position of supreme strength - as a coalition, and you’ll have a strong product in football and basketball. You will split and shared revenue sharing revenue evenly amongst the 28 teams in the coalition - similar to the NFL.

This is a win for the BIG10, ACC and ND.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If the ACC and Big10 brass were smart, they would agree to merge into a 32 team super conference, cut some of the dead weight (i.e., WF, NW, etc.) and add a couple teams from the Big12 or PAC12 to replace them. The SEC thinks they are making a power play here. This type of move by the ACC and Big10 would be the real power play. ACC/Big10 to the SEC, "You think you have a ****? Here's a ****!!!"

I somewhat of have a similar idea but a little different. The BIG10 and ACC should create a coalition. Work in tandem. Play your conference games with added games on the schedule from teams within the coalition. So, play 6 ACC games from within the coastal division, 1 cross sectional rivalry game (FSU) conference, and you play an additional 4 games against teams from the BIG10 within the coalition. And you still can have the ACC title game.

That way, you negotiate a billions of dollars TV deal as a tandem and you’ll have a strong product in football and basketball. You will split and shared revenue sharing revenue evenly amongst the 28 teams in the coalition - similar to the NFL.
And it would be a big "f*** you" to the SEC!

Advertisement
The ACC has been working behind the scenes with Texas and OU, about a move, for the past 3-4 years. A move was supposedly imminent. The SEC news caught the ACC off guard

The ACC is run by incompetent buffoons. This is what happens when you join a basketball conference led by idiots. Last year the acc brass let Notre Dame bend them over and play an acc slate based on the mere possibility that maybe ND would one day consider being a full member. I fully expect ND to join the Big10 and cite it being a better geographical and cultural fit. All the ACC taint licking of ND will be for naught. I hate how this will turn out for Miami but this is a good lesson for the school about putting business first.

ACC refs will 95% of the time look at calls to ***** the U, rather than gift us like they did at Duke years ago.
The pitty patt BS stuff that we saw ongoing last year, does not help the Conference, but make fans questions the veracity of ACC officiating.
The Conference cannot compete with the SEC if a major team in a Conference suffers the outrage of ongoing BS calls on weekends.....
This must improve to be on a more level playing field than it is right now.

You ever watch Michael Jordan play on the Bulls? He got ALL the calls. Never called traveling on him, never called a foul.

Why? Because Michael Jordan was the NBA's biggest moneymaker. It was in THEIR INTEREST to prop him up.

Now I'm not saying Jordan wasn't the greatest ever (he was), but the NBA did its part to help prop him up.

That's the playbook the ACC needs to be following. We're the Michael Jordan of this league.

Advertisement
Back