REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
The ACC missed the boat as usual waiting on ND and making crap TV deals. Outside of one team this conference is weak as ****. I guess they can always gloat about basketball. The best thing Miami could do is reach out to FSU or Clemson and try to move to the Big 10.

Watch ND slip off to the Big 10 as one of the two teams and the ACC is left grasping for more Louisville and Pitt types.

One of the reason Miami's brand is so big is bc they are one of the few brands that have an identity. The bad boys. A lot of ppl can relate no matter what part of the country you're in. What's Bama brand identity? Or Clemson? They don't really have one. ND vs Miami is the best national rivalry imo. "good vs bad". Ppl who aren't fans of either team will tune in.
Bingo, just look at the comments on ESPN about Williams, "well it's Miami so...", "typical Miami" event though we have either fewer or no more issues than the average program.

Advertisement
I'd honestly rather see UCF than freaking WVU in the ACC. UCF has the size and alumni to be something one day and could make a nice new rivalry. Have no interest in WVU vs Miami anymore.

I have zero interest in elevating UCF. No thank you. You can keep them and their erector set crapass Lego stadium and overcrowded commuter school

Only chance for survival is the ACC and Big 10 need to merge and drop dead weight.

miami
Fsu
Clemson
V tech
Unc
ND
G tech
BC or cuse- both are average

Wisconsin
Iowa
ohio st
Pedo
Illinois
Nebraska
Michigan
Mich st
Agree with this, but would look to bump to 20 schools total (can't get rid of Duke, Pitt, and UVa IYAM). Even if B1G and ACC has the balls to pull this off, I'm not sure if the NCAA (SEC) would allow this though.

Advertisement
Agree with this, but would look to bump to 20 schools total (can't get rid of Duke, Pitt, and UVa IYAM). Even if B1G and ACC has the balls to pull this off, I'm not sure if the NCAA (SEC) would allow this though.
Seems like we are a decade (or less) away from SEC/ACC merger with B1G/Pac 12 merger.

Advertisement
Seems like we are a decade (or less) away from SEC/ACC merger with B1G/Pac 12 merger.
That makes sense to me but this OU/Texas move is complicating things. Money bags SEC might pull the Super League approach, defect from NCAA, and start calling the shots.

That makes sense to me but this OU/Texas move is complicating things. Money bags SEC might pull the Super League approach, defect from NCAA, and start calling the shots.
I'd be fine with that two as long as it ends up looking somewhat like what I described in my "sad day" post.

A bit outside the box but I (with my Jersey bias) would take a long look at Temple. Philly market and close to Maryland, bridges geographical gap between BC, Cuse and the rest of the conference, recent investments in facilities, NFL stadium, good enough academic profile, and if they don’t make expectations this year they’re lining up a coaching hire that will raise their recruiting profile significantly. Worth kicking the tires

Advertisement
College football as we know it won't.... It'll just morph into a new entity...
I normally agree with your takes. This time I don’t. Too much money to be made for it not to survive.
Totally fair. What I meant was something in line with what SBERG said. This will no longer be the same game, but it will certainly exist.

I’m frustrated by all of this and more than a little reactionary about the future. I don’t think Miami is going to dissolve into obscurity, but I also don’t know if I’ll enjoy this new product as much.

A bit outside the box but I (with my Jersey bias) would take a long look at Temple. Philly market and close to Maryland, bridges geographical gap between BC, Cuse and the rest of the conference, recent investments in facilities, NFL stadium, good enough academic profile, and if they don’t make expectations this year they’re lining up a coaching hire that will raise their recruiting profile significantly. Worth kicking the tires
Nope.

Not much compared to football. It is why the ACC is so far behind. NCAA basketball makes money in the tournament. That is independent from conference TV contracts.

Kansas got paid $45 million in licensing fees and generated another $30 million in just ticket sales. I guarantee no one is buying Jayhawks football jerseys. That doesn’t even count the NCAA tournament.

They are one of the three or four jewels of college basketball

Kansas got paid $45 million and licensing fees and generated another $30 million in just ticket sales. I guarantee no one is buying Jayhawks football jerseys. That doesn’t count the NCAA tournament.
Cool story, but what does KU add to the conference pot of money? That's the point. They aren't going to move the needle from a TV rights perspective.

Advertisement
Back