Real talk about 2012...

Monday morning. Two days after the last game of the season:

"We'll be in the weight room. We're not gonna waste any time. We gotta get stronger. We gotta get bigger. We gotta create depth at every position." Al Golden

Advertisement
The biggest issue that I've had with Jacory is that his past reputation has hurt our game planning this year. Teams are content to stack 8 in the box; stifle run game; and hope that Jacory makes mistakes.

With Harris graduating and Morris or Williams taking over, I think we'll see less 8 man fronts next season, which will enable us to run the ball better.

Monday morning. Two days after the last game of the season:

"We'll be in the weight room. We're not gonna waste any time. We gotta get stronger. We gotta get bigger. We gotta create depth at every position." Al Golden
golden is obsessed with improving, which tells me that it will happen

The biggest issue that I've had with Jacory is that his past reputation has hurt our game planning this year. Teams are content to stack 8 in the box; stifle run game; and hope that Jacory makes mistakes.

With Harris graduating and Morris or Williams taking over, I think we'll see less 8 man fronts next season, which will enable us to run the ball better.

As the season wore on (FSU, USF, BC) Harris started to revert back to old habits, not stepping up, locking in on a WR, late over the middle which made the game planning effective. Whereas in earlier games (UNC, Ga Tech) he was "trusting his training"

Also, I think he started to rely too much on Streeter. It got to the point where is appeared that Harris was throwing to Streeter no matter what, instead of reading through progressions, another bad habit.

As the season wore on (FSU, USF, BC) Harris started to revert back to old habits, not stepping up, locking in on a WR, late over the middle which made the game planning effective. Whereas in earlier games (UNC, Ga Tech) he was "trusting his training"Also, I think he started to rely too much on Streeter. It got to the point where is appeared that Harris was throwing to Streeter no matter what, instead of reading through progressions, another bad habit.

And throwing those **** jump balls again, it was painful to watch him come so far this season, and go out looking like the INT machine we all knew.

Advertisement
I think we can all pretty much agree that eventually, a true freshman will make a mistake - entirely due to lack of experience.

On the other hand, good true freshmen with enthusiasm, talent, and desire can outplay most of what we've had the past several years, and through hunger alone can sometimes more than compensate for a lack of experience.

I'm anxious to see who actually signs.

And I hope we have a number of pleasant surprises.

Uh, the difference being that Tressel and Meyer (and Stoops, who also won in Y2) took over rosters that were in excellent shape with several years of very good recruiting. Cooper, Zook, and Blake were all bad coaches, but all were very good recruiters who built very nice rosters for their successors. None of those guys had to build a roster from scratch like AG has too.[/QUOTE]

Golden doesn't have to build a roster from scratch. he just has to add to what is already here like all those other CHAMPIONSHIP coaches Golden (who has never won a championship) is compared to.

Tressel brought in Clarett, Gamble, Mangold, Hawk, etc to add to what was already there
Saban bascially brought in all the best players on his teams in the first 2 years. Rolondo McClain, Hightower, Upshaw, kareem jackson, maze, Julio Jones, Marcel darues, Ingram etc etc

Golden was left with absolute garbage to work with on defense and somehow, he was able to turn them into a top 20 defense. He's going to have to be even more successful in turning chicken shi* into chicken salad in 2012 because 6-6 wont be acceptable again.

It wont be easy. Who can he really count on except his own FR and SO that he recruited? Seriously. I look down the list at the "studs" he was left with and all i see is one bust or disappointment or injury risk after another. Forston, Porter, Robinson, Vernon, Buchanon, Holton, Greene, Gaines, Cain, McGee, Payne, Telamacque, Ray Ray, etc. Guys like FOrston and Vernon have more talent than 99% of the kids out there yet they've done absolutely JACK SHI* here. Guys like Ray Ray came in with huge hype only to end up being barely serviceable.

It wont be easy.

Advertisement
We're going to be a better team in 2012.

Its the culture that needs changing the most. That is Golden's biggest job. Changing the culture of losing that Shannon cultivated here.

By the fall of 2012, he will have 50+ kids of his own, he will have kicked out and/or lost most of Shannon's underperformers, and the Shannon holdovers will primarily be the younger ones who still might be salvagable.

Golden was left with absolute garbage to work with on defense and somehow, he was able to turn them into a top 20 defense. He's going to have to be even more successful in turning chicken shi* into chicken salad in 2012 because 6-6 wont be acceptable again.

It wont be easy. Who can he really count on except his own FR and SO that he recruited? Seriously. I look down the list at the "studs" he was left with and all i see is one bust or disappointment or injury risk after another. Forston, Porter, Robinson, Vernon, Buchanon, Holton, Greene, Gaines, Cain, McGee, Payne, Telamacque, Ray Ray, etc. Guys like FOrston and Vernon have more talent than 99% of the kids out there yet they've done absolutely JACK SHI* here. Guys like Ray Ray came in with huge hype only to end up being barely serviceable.

It wont be easy.

Top 20 defense ? LMFAO

It wont be easy.

Top 20 defense ? LMFAO

That's what the stat says, bruh. lol. Whats the matter? You used to love to use stats to defend the garbage quitting defenses that Shannon put up, like the one in 2010. While we watched it quit like pu**ies and give up last minute scores to 4th string QBs and get run over, you were out there bragging about TFLs and sacks. lol.

How Golden got these shiftless lazy Shannon scrubs to become a top 20 defense is a miracle. There's not a big name on this defense, except for Golden's kids and Spence, that hasnt been a ***king bust or disappointment. VT? Ray Ray? McGee? Holton? Buchanon? Forston?

It wont be easy.

Top 20 defense ? LMFAO

That's what the stat says, bruh. lol. Whats the matter? You used to love to use stats to defend the garbage quitting defenses that Shannon put up, like the one in 2010. While we watched it quit like pu**ies and give up last minute scores to 4th string QBs and get run over, you were out there bragging about TFLs and sacks. lol.

How Golden got these shiftless lazy Shannon scrubs to become a top 20 defense is a miracle. There's not a big name on this defense, except for Golden's kids and Spence, that hasnt been a ***king bust or disappointment. VT? Ray Ray? McGee? Holton? Buchanon? Forston?

I used TFL's stats, all acc, sacks and what not to disprove people saying Miami didn't develop it's talent. Don't try to lie and twist chit up. Miami's defense was garbage and if you think it's top 20 then that says alot about you.

You also said Brian Kelly would have ND in a BCS bowl in year two. LMAO

Advertisement
I think this is a minimum three year rebuild, we may have had physically talented players but they weren't as talented in the heart

Advertisement
We're wasting no time whatsoever laying the foundations for excuses next year. The flies aren't even completely congregated on the heap of **** that is this season, and we're already trying to lower the limbo bar.

Folks that actually know football, see Botch Davis on the sideline. We hope he improves, and we'll see how he recruits going forward.

And LOL @ D'Onofrio only leaving for an NFL gig. Lou Feinberg was running that same line about Larry Coker a few years back. Sad, stupid ****.

Golden needs a decade, but Tressell and Meyer hoisted the glass in their second year? Child please.

As always, dead on balls accurate. And this was Thanksgiving of 2011.

We're wasting no time whatsoever laying the foundations for excuses next year. The flies aren't even completely congregated on the heap of **** that is this season, and we're already trying to lower the limbo bar.

Folks that actually know football, see Botch Davis on the sideline. We hope he improves, and we'll see how he recruits going forward.

And LOL @ D'Onofrio only leaving for an NFL gig. Lou Feinberg was running that same line about Larry Coker a few years back. Sad, stupid ****.

Golden needs a decade, but Tressell and Meyer hoisted the glass in their second year? Child please.

As always, dead on balls accurate. And this was Thanksgiving of 2011.

[video=youtube;i2nuPVTU4Z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nuPVTU4Z4[/video]

Advertisement
Back