I know I'm in the minority on this one... but I actually think Golden will get it turned around at Miami. I think he'll succeed reasonably well here, and go on to another head coaching job.
Two years ago we won 9 games. Last year, we were in every game we played, and the only reason for our record IMO is that the team quit on the coaches and on each other after the FSU game. That should have been a 9/10 win season. We didn't only win 6 because of coaching, that happened because our players gave up. It is what it is.
Next year, we'll be even more talented than last year. I think a 10 win, ACC type season is very possible. And if that happens, you add in the 2016 class, and we've got this thing pointed in the right direction FINALLY.
Maybe that's just my over-optimism, but I could see it playing out that way.
lololol
You mean the 9 win team that beat
1st game Florida Atlantic ???
2nd game Florida team that finished 4-8
3rd game Savannah State
4th game South Florida team that finished 2-10 (REALLY???)
5th game Georgia Tech team that finished 7-6 and had loss to BYU
6th game North Carolina team that finished 7-6 with a loss to East Carolina
7th game Wake Forest (4-8 squad)
8th game pounded by FSU 41-14 (oh a real team exposed us)
9th game Va Tech (Logan Thomas is still running up the middle on us)
10th game Duke (took another L)
11th game Virginia (2-10 team)
12th game Pitt (7-6 team-lololol they loss to NAVY??????LOLOOL)
And we ended the year getting throat slashed by Mr. Teddy Bridgewater
So again we have an average coach that has an average scheme..
AND HE MADE NO ADJUSTMENTS LOLOL
That's football ...a game of inches...