Reading the tea leaves....Redwine to Safety

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
* Diaz says with question marks at safety that the team will look at all the corners other than undersized Malek Young at safety.

If a safety makes a mistake it’s a touchdown. We didn’t have very many of those last year. It’s a great challenge. … That will be a battle. Guys that played corner last year may move to safety. It all just depends.

been asking for this since he first stepped on campus..hes a bettter suited safety then corner..I guarantee hes talking about Redwine

Advertisement
* Diaz says with question marks at safety that the team will look at all the corners other than undersized Malek Young at safety.

If a safety makes a mistake it’s a touchdown. We didn’t have very many of those last year. It’s a great challenge. … That will be a battle. Guys that played corner last year may move to safety. It all just depends.

been asking for this since he first stepped on campus..hes a bettter suited safety then corner..I guarantee hes talking about Redwine

I guarantee he's talking about every corner but Malek

Advertisement

I guarantee he's talking about every corner but Malek

Thank you! So tired of posters added words to quotes of coaches. Redwine might very well be moved, but stop acting like you're a mindreader.

JMHO

CB Young - Bandy - Wright
SS Johnson - Finley - Smith
FS Redwine - Carter - James
CB Dean - Jackson - Mayes

Big fan of this move. Been saying it all offseason. Roll with Dean and Young at the corners to start. Mix in Bandy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I have a similar feeling. Young and Dean starting at Corner, Bandy at Nickel, Jackson backing them up. Jaquan, Redwing, and Carter the primary safeties.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just don't think Carter is fast or fluid enough to be a safety. He moves like a linebacker in his highlights, which is all I saw. Is there a full game film of him anywhere?

Advertisement
See.. this is why I was upset when we lost Henderson.. anyone who seen Redwine play this year knew he would be a safety making us even more thin at quality CB and CB in general especially if their is a key injury.. (I do think Redwine could be a really, really good safety) Jaquan Johnson is more of a strong safety, run support type safety that can cover WR underneath like they did with Rayshawn Jenkins. I think Redwine would be an outstanding free safety. His ability to read plays and detect the ball (and catch and ability to high point the football) is underrated. If they convert him.. he will start and grab 4 or 5 picks.. that how much I like him at safety.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Look at that list of corners and level of experience if you remove Redwine. I think he might be talking about Mayes or Jackson. I didn't see anything from young that just screamed "stud". Not that I don't think he will be good but he's still a sophomore and who really know what we have in dean. My gut tells me Bandy may see the most PT of any freshman. Personally I'd try to move a back up before I moved my most experienced corner.

Advertisement
I think everyone over here overrates Jaquan Johnson.

I like him but hes not exceptionally fast or physical.

I just dont see him ever stsrting here.

Certainly possible that Redwine's moved to safety. If that happens, I wonder if Wright or James are moved to corner.

Or if the staff gets another grad transfer. I think they're already aiming to bring one in.

its more likely to see Jackson or mayes get moved to safety. redwine, young, dean and bandy would be a solid top 4 but Jackson and mayes haven't done much could probably help out at safety more. u need at least 4 solid corners now.

with all the spread u need 3-4 corners u can count on. redwine was one of those 4 last year don't see that changing this year,

Advertisement
Back