Re-watched the game and...

Advertisement
Before the season started I kept suggesting we should take the kid from BC David Bailey at RB. He was their leading rusher last year, went to Colorado ST and hasn't done much, wonder if he would've matched his BC numbers if he had come here.

Stuck on the 1/2 yard line TVD delivers to move us out and lets us ice the game. What a stud he is, he reminds me of the fearless QB's in our past. He is going to do great things at the U. QB's rule the roost in today's college game and we have a great one here. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him and he elevates what talent we have. The one thing missing is RB depth, I hope we hit the portal for a reliable, solid RB. Knighton is exceptional and the two new studs behind might develop but depth there would make us elite.

I meant on the offensive side, defense is coming along but we all know that we do not have typical Hurricane LB's.
You lost me at defense is coming along
Coming along to the bottom maybe

Stuck on the 1/2 yard line TVD delivers to move us out and lets us ice the game. What a stud he is, he reminds me of the fearless QB's in our past. He is going to do great things at the U. QB's rule the roost in today's college game and we have a great one here. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him and he elevates what talent we have. The one thing missing is RB depth, I hope we hit the portal for a reliable, solid RB. Knighton is exceptional and the two new studs behind might develop but depth there would make us elite.

I meant on the offensive side, defense is coming along but we all know that we do not have typical Hurricane LB's.
Don’t forget about Chaney. “If” he can stay healthy he’s the best RB out of all the backs

Advertisement

"but we all know that we do not have typical Hurricane LB's."

i wonder why that is?

Advertisement
Thad's only burn was the CC game, right? I am assuming the staff is holding him back to redshirt. If he only played the CC game, he still has three games to participate in before the year counts.

Can Chaney redshirt?

Thad's only burn was the CC game, right? I am assuming the staff is holding him back to redshirt. If he only played the CC game, he still has three games to participate in before the year counts.

Can Chaney redshirt?
i believe he only played in two games, so yes he can since he hasn't red shirted yet. plus last year didn't county towards eligibility so he essentially has 4 years starting next year? someone help here??

God forbid that Knighton get hurt as our depth right now is pathetic. Besides Franklin and Brown is there a WR or any other player that can perform? Typically a TE can but we are shallow there too. I was worried about our depth before the season started and now we are in bad shape. :concern: I remember when DJ Williams had to play RB and he did rather well. Any thoughts?

I assume we can't pick up a portal player in the middle of the season, wouldn't that be wild though!

Advertisement
God forbid that Knighton get hurt as our depth right now is pathetic. Besides Franklin and Brown is there a WR or any other player that can perform? Typically a TE can but we are shallow there too. I was worried about our depth before the season started and now we are in bad shape. :concern: I remember when DJ Williams had to play RB and he did rather well. Any thoughts?

I assume we can't pick up a portal player in the middle of the season, wouldn't that be wild though!
We have Brashard that can play RB if needed

We have Brashard that can play RB if needed

Yep, Brashard and after that Restrepo. It's not as bleak as it seems. Those kids can't power I the football, but they're as tough as Rooster.

Advertisement
Don’t encourage him. Manny is a walking trash bin and he supports his trash gameplanning.

I really do need to stop. Cause everyone knows what some random 75-year-old Canes fan posts on a message board greatly affects our future.

Good post fraggle.

Yes TVD is the goods. This is where I have to make sure that I let everyone know that I'm NOT CROWNING HIM! I knew the kid was talented. I thought he was a bit stiff but I thought that he could be a good one. What I didn't expect was for the kid to come out and improve this quickly. I also didn't expect to see an elite level QB talent. We knew that he could be good but My Lord!

( Don't worry guys. I'm still not crowning him!)

I will add that in addition to not having typical Hurricane LBs we do not have typical Hurricane DE's or CB's. Outside of Stevenson the rest of that group has been hot garbage. Steaming hot garbage.

In terms of RB depth yes sure we could use another RB with more experience but that is nitpicking. Knighton, Brown, Franklin and a healthy Chaney could be a fearsome foursome at RB and I'm not sure we would need anyone else unless some stud wants to sign with us and wait for his opportunity. Brown and Franklin need more playing time. Especially Franklin. There is no use letting him rot on the bench. For what a redshirt? If he can make us better right now then he needs to play. They could come in handy late in a close game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back