Re-watched the game and...

fraggle

Senile Senior
Stuck on the 1/2 yard line TVD delivers to move us out and lets us ice the game. What a stud he is, he reminds me of the fearless QB's in our past. He is going to do great things at the U. QB's rule the roost in today's college game and we have a great one here. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him and he elevates what talent we have. The one thing missing is RB depth, I hope we hit the portal for a reliable, solid RB. Knighton is exceptional and the two new studs behind might develop but depth there would make us elite.

I meant on the offensive side, defense is coming along but we all know that we do not have typical Hurricane LB's.

Advertisement
Stuck on the 1/2 yard line TVD delivers to move us out and lets us ice the game. What a stud he is, he reminds me of the fearless QB's in our past. He is going to do great things at the U. QB's rule the roost in today's college game and we have a great one here. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him and he elevates what talent we have. The one thing missing is RB depth, I hope we hit the portal for a reliable, solid RB. Knighton is exceptional and the two new studs behind might develop but depth there would make us elite.

I meant on the offensive side, defense is coming along but we all know that we do not have typical Hurricane LB's.
Like what you said but I don’t think we need a back in the portal. Next year we will have two juniors and two sophomores with talent. Take a 22 back and that’s five and plenty of depth

Like what you said but I don’t think we need a back in the portal. Next year we will have two juniors and two sophomores with talent. Take a 22 back and that’s five and plenty of depth
Kenneth Walker was chillin in portal last year, you wouldnt take a look at possible heisman talent?

He played at hard rock and the discrepancy in contrast was unbelievable..

Kenneth Walker was chillin in portal last year, you wouldnt take a look at possible heisman talent?

he didn't play us last year? thought they got removed for duke due to COVID

Advertisement
I would disagree on the RB part if Chaney was durable.. But I'm afraid he's just injury prone unfortunately and Knighton is a bonehead (suspended this year for 4 games) so we definitely need to get an experienced RB.

Thad should be in the RB rotation. Another head scratcher from this staph.
For some reason the corching staff said they would rotate less at rb (mind you in era teams rotate multiple backs more than ever) and ride the starter hard basically.. Then a 2nd back would get scraps.. there are no reps for 3rd string, especially with our defense and how we cant blow anybody out ever soo no backup reps

Advertisement

you said it yourself, 'possible heisman talent'. Why roll the dice, and stir up a RB group, when you can build off of what you already have...and we definitely have some talent at RB.

Of course the biggest question is durability. Even Cody Brown is constantly getting 3 yds per carry.
We just need to get guys healthy, and start rotating them a little more, to keep guys from getting too banged up unless someone just has a very hot game. I just dont know if our coaches will commit to that.

you said it yourself, 'possible heisman talent'. Why roll the dice, and stir up a RB group, when you can build off of what you already have...and we definitely have some talent at RB.

Of course the biggest question is durability. Even Cody Brown is constantly getting 3 yds per carry.
We just need to get guys healthy, and start rotating them a little more, to keep guys from getting too banged up unless someone just has a very hot game. I just dont know if our coaches will commit to that.
We need to build the best roster possible, you look at opporunity for that at every turn I think.. Esp at RB where injuries happen, we basically lost top 2 backs for season this year..

Also the corches have stated publicly that they wont rotate as much so we know they wont commit to that

We need to build the best roster possible, you look at opporunity for that at every turn I think.. Esp at RB where injuries happen, we basically lost top 2 backs for season this year..

Also the corches have stated publicly that they wont rotate as much so we know they wont commit to that
if they're not going to commit to rotating guys, they're not going to add extra, unnecessary, bodies there either

Here's Roman's SOTG clip on that play....

Advertisement

@fraggle , brother, I was all prepared to thumbs-up your post, then you had to write "defense is coming along". No, no it's not...

That said, I couldn't agree with you more on TVD. That kid is who we thought Kyle Wright was going to be.

Kenneth Walker is a possible Heisman candidate this year. Very few who are already heisman candidates go into the portal. Dude is the epitome of a late bloomer. He was the 2,164 recruit. a 2* on 247. Offers from Kent State, Arkansas State, Eastern Kentucky and the likes. Dude failed to eclipse 600 yards in 2 years at Wake Forest averaging like 110 carries a season. This year he is already at 175 carries and 1,200 yards.

He was a 3* transfer and went to a Mich State team that went 2-5 last year. No one thought he was a heisman candidate. IF there is a top guy who wants to come in, I am almost always for it. but in our case right now? It would have to be an exceptional guy. Don and Rooster as a 1-2 punch, then Cody/Thad as our big backs plus whoever we sign is fine depth and talent wise. Injuries are obviously a concern but any "possible heisman" at RB I would have the same fear.

Question, before this year started, obviously not knowing anything you do now, would you have taken Walker at the risk of losing Don, Rooster, Thad, or Cody?

Advertisement

I look forward to watching our young QBs.
A QB's best friend is a strong OL.

I watched the Coach Hayes Show on YouTube. TVD saved Manny's and Lashlee's asses. Coach Hayes pointed out how it was such a terrible play call to run an inside zone running play from your own goal line. In his words, "They were trying to give the game away with that play."

We have a QB 6'5" and 235-245 lbs. Why is he not under center and just doing QB sneak to get off the goal line instead of inside zone out of shotgun? You have to be the dumbest coach ever to think that Pitt wouldn't run blitz sending the house to get a TFL for a safety. At least Lashlee had sense not to run that play again and trusted TVD with the pass play that bailed us out.

As much as this staff has made some improvements, they continue to do things that make you want to pull your hair out

Last edited:
J Knighton did really well and you guys want to put in an unproven guy?

Watch the game on Youtube. Our receivers were great. How did Pope and Wiggins hold this program hostage for 2 years? What did they have on the staff to keep their spots and keep the talent on the bench?

From they way our running a game is operated it certainly seems that quicker backs like Rooster are better suited. I like having 2 bigger backs in Brown and Franklin but I agree that’s e need another speed back.

Advertisement
Back