Re-watched the game and...

Stuck on the 1/2 yard line TVD delivers to move us out and lets us ice the game. What a stud he is, he reminds me of the fearless QB's in our past. He is going to do great things at the U. QB's rule the roost in today's college game and we have a great one here. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him and he elevates what talent we have. The one thing missing is RB depth, I hope we hit the portal for a reliable, solid RB. Knighton is exceptional and the two new studs behind might develop but depth there would make us elite.

I meant on the offensive side, defense is coming along but we all know that we do not have typical Hurricane LB's.
Why would we hit the portal for a RB? We only lose 1 and we have 4 studs in the stable. Two of them will be juniors. You bring one in and that messes up the vibe. Trust your recruiting and play the guys on the roster. They were all 4 star recruits (top 10 RBs in their class) for a reason. Bring one or two freshman backs in and we good, not an older guy.

Advertisement
Why would we hit the portal for a RB? We only lose 1 and we have 4 studs in the stable. Two of them will be juniors. You bring one in and that messes up the vibe. Trust your recruiting and play the guys on the roster. They were all 4 star recruits (top 10 RBs in their class) for a reason. Bring one or two freshman backs in and we good, not an older guy.
We have 0 studs in the backfield. Not judging Thad yet but Knighton, Brown and Chaney are average at best.

Stuck on the 1/2 yard line TVD delivers to move us out and lets us ice the game. What a stud he is, he reminds me of the fearless QB's in our past. He is going to do great things at the U. QB's rule the roost in today's college game and we have a great one here. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him and he elevates what talent we have. The one thing missing is RB depth, I hope we hit the portal for a reliable, solid RB. Knighton is exceptional and the two new studs behind might develop but depth there would make us elite.

I meant on the offensive side, defense is coming along but we all know that we do not have typical Hurricane LB's.
Hopefully some of the younger lbs will be ready next year but would go after a really good Lb and good De in the portal.think we can be ok at corner with what we have and if we can keep our recruits commited.gotta solidify the dline and that will in itself improve the dbs play.

Advertisement
I watched the Coach Hayes Show on YouTube. TVD saved Manny's and Lashlee's asses. Coach Hayes pointed out how it was such a terrible play call to run an inside zone running play from your own goal line. In his words, "They were trying to give the game away with that play."

We have a QB 6'5" and 235-245 lbs. Why is he not under center and just doing QB sneak to get off the goal line instead of inside zone out of shotgun? You have to be the dumbest coach ever to think that Pitt wouldn't run blitz sending the house to get a TFL for a safety. At least Lashlee had sense not to run that play again and trusted TVD with the pass play that bailed us out.

As much as this staff has made some improvements, they continue to do things that make you want to pull your hair out
I hate with a passion not having him under center at times like that. ****, even going INTO the end zone, I want him under center if we're running the ball. I think the old QB sneak is a lost art. It makes no sense to snap the ball back 5-6 yards, giving a D the chance to get upfield. Burns me up. QB sneak that SOB and get it over with.

Before the season started I kept suggesting we should take the kid from BC David Bailey at RB. He was their leading rusher last year, went to Colorado ST and hasn't done much, wonder if he would've matched his BC numbers if he had come here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back