Re J Garcia

Anyone who been here will tell you that I thought Jeff Garcia was our best QB. He makes quick decisions and is accurate. That said Gattis and Mario have this fantasy with power football that is ineffective, unentertaining and unattractive. If they just open the passing schemes up, Garcia will fare well. We need Garcia to be successful to improve WR recruiting. Speed should be the priority not size. Man I'm hurting over here for something positive.

Advertisement
Anyone who been here will tell you that I thought Jeff Garcia was our best QB. He makes quick decisions and is accurate. That said Gattis and Mario have this fantasy with power football that is ineffective, unentertaining and unattractive. If they just open the passing schemes up, Garcia will fare well. We need Garcia to be successful to improve WR recruiting. Speed should be the priority not size. Man I'm hurting over here for something positive.
Agreed. Glad to see you on a good day Billy!

Advertisement
I didn’t know we had a Jeff Garcia on the roster……is he Jake’s brother?

Advertisement
1664279948104.jpeg

Once they figure Jake out he will struggle as well, but he’s def a better option than TVD right now. A way better option and that I’m surprised about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There are examples of players coming off the bench and taking over the starting role and performing well. But when these things go south, they can go south in a hurry.

I still think TVD has it in him but you just can't keep throwing him out there hoping he will fix his own issues.
I think Jake has it him as well but we know both could also end up just junk.

In the end, if TVD just can't get passed his issues, then you have to make a change regardless.

Best case TVD gets over his issues, has a successful season and Jake has another year to develop....but what are the odds of that.

There are examples of players coming off the bench and taking over the starting role and performing well. But when these things go south, they can go south in a hurry.

I still think TVD has it in him but you just can't keep throwing him out there hoping he will fix his own issues.
I think Jake has it him as well but we know both could also end up just junk.

In the end, if TVD just can't get passed his issues, then you have to make a change regardless.

Best case TVD gets over his issues, has a successful season and Jake has another year to develop....but what are the odds of that.

TVD isn't getting drafted this year... so if he survives, he is going to be back.... which means Garcia is out of here.
I'd rather have Jake start and let him run the ship for the next 2 years.
Let TVD hit the portal early..

Advertisement
Back