(Re)Building the Roster - Part II

I'd argue that taking a single offensive lineman -- and one that at least one of the recruiting services had as a DL -- is absolutely skipping the spot that year.

If you can identify other errors, by all means identify them. But at this point it feels like you're arguing semantics. One offensive lineman in a class is still a miss.
I already agreed they **** the bed on OL Richt’s first year. I have been saying it since Richt’s first year.

I’m not your proof reader and I’m not trying to bust your balls. You posted what purported to be a quantitative analysis, so it matters that your data may be wrong. Up to you whether you care.

Advertisement
Saying the transfer portal made this a Top 3 class in 2019 is a huge stretch.
  • Martell might not win the starting job. He was the #37 overall player in 2017, but it's not like we're getting Trevor Lawrence.
  • Asa Martin is already gone.
  • Tommy Kennedy looks like a JAG.
  • By the time Jaelan Phillips sees the field at Miami, it'll be two years since he played meaningful football. He played in only four games in 2017, missed all of 2018 with concussion injuries, and at one point retired from the game as a result of those injuries. He is nothing close to a sure thing.
  • Chigozie is basically Tito Odenigbo.

Hill and Bolden are the most sure-fire things, but let's stop acting like the transfer portal fixed every issue with the 2019 class. It unequivocally did not.
Heavy hitting facts people may not want to read lol, to me I expect Hill to be the most important transfer everyone else to me Im sleeping heavy on. HEAVY

I dont remember more then 5 guys that transferred from us to anyone else that bothered me ........................................EVER
I dont even remember 1 unless someone reminds me

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back