TexCane

Sophomore
Name: Donte Thomas-Williams

Hometown/School: Durham, NC (Hillside)
HT: 6’-0” | WT: 209 | 40:
Season Stats:
247Sports Composite: Rating: 92 Rank: #11 RB
Scouting Report (s):
Schools of Interest: (18) Clemson, ND, GT, WVU, UF, Miami, NCS, UNC, OSU…
Leader(s): Clemson, ND,
Chance: Fair

UPDATES:

5/1/13: Miami has offered RB prospect Donte Thomas-Williams from Durham, NC. Donte is rated 92 and ranked the #11 RB in the nation by the 247Sports Composite.

Donte, like his teammate Trevion Thompson , is a heavy Clemson lean with the Irish pushing hard. Georgia Tech and West Virginia are also still in the mix. Again, a lot of ground needs to be made up. Both of these prospects will be hard pulls for the Canes. More to come…

:cigar:

Advertisement
Yet 2014 RB Shai Mckenzie is still waiting for a UM offer. I wonder what is going on with rb recruiting.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Yet 2014 RB Shai Mckenzie is still waiting for a UM offer. I wonder what is going on with rb recruiting.

Go Canes

You act as if Shai is a lock to Miami if we offer. He said two or three sentences about us. The staff is contacted him but hasn't offered yet, so they are obviously still evaluating him. Nothing wrong with our RB recruiting...Donte is no scrub. Relax

Go Canes

maybe the staff just thinks he is better than Shai, Miami also offered lb Chris Register today so they were giving out North Carolina offers just like they did Georgia offers a few weeks back.

Go Canes

Pssh. Negged for acting like we don't have Joseph Yearby.

I am not knocking Yearby 1 bit, and your crazy if you think I am. I am merely saying UM needs 2 big backs to complement Yearby a smaller back and duke a smaller back. UM needs a few power backs with break away speed (not necessarily take it to the house speed, which would a a great plus that I would not turn away) such as Levone Bell or Eddie Lacy types. Which is what Shai brings to the table, it seems we are offering more all purpose smaller backs in the 180-200lbs range, where as UM needs some 230-240lbs to close out games, that can either run down defenses in the last 6 mins of a game or break a long run for a TD in the process an ice the game away.

Considering in 2014 Hagen will be gone and that will leave Danny Dillard who is a little suspect as a power back with the injury bug so the jury is still out, and then that leaves 2013 signee August Edward as UM's only power back, an considering UM's running game or any successful running game is by committee we need at least 2 more big backs to make the pro-style of offense work. Now if we are moving to a spread then the little running backs work, but this is UM an run a Pro Attack offense.

But again I really like Yearby's game.

Go Canes!

[video=youtube;risTP_G7A60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=risTP_G7A60[/video]

Watch #23 Larry Jones wear Nebraska's Defense in the 2nd half for 144yd
[video=youtube;9rFU3rV070g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFU3rV070g[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement

Go Canes

I am not knocking Yearby 1 bit, and your crazy if you think I am. I am merely saying UM needs 2 big backs to complement Yearby a smaller back and duke a smaller back. UM needs a few power backs with break away speed (not necessarily take it to the house speed, which would a a great plus that I would not turn away) such as Levone Bell or Eddie Lacy types. Which is what Shai brings to the table, it seems we are offering more all purpose smaller backs in the 180-200lbs range, where as UM needs some 230-240lbs to close out games, that can either run down defenses in the last 6 mins of a game or break a long run for a TD in the process an ice the game away.

Considering in 2014 Hagen will be gone and that will leave Danny Dillard who is a little suspect as a power back with the injury bug so the jury is still out, and then that leaves 2013 signee August Edward as UM's only power back, an considering UM's running game or any successful running game is by committee we need at least 2 more big backs to make the pro-style of offense work. Now if we are moving to a spread then the little running backs work, but this is UM an run a Pro Attack offense.

Go Canes!

Paranos... There you go again, applying logic. You're asking to be negged. Lol. :cigar:

Go Canes

Go Canes!

How do you know what kind of offense we plan to run? Maybe we are moving towards a Chip K style or Andy Reid, where there is no need for a big bruising back. An offense where we spread and use speed to kill.

Advertisement
Back