2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m glad somebody else in the know is sharing the backstory on Gattis, and him not being one of his top options

This notion that Mario is hellbent on an archaic offense is overblown, and feel good about what the profile of our next OC looks like.
That’s fine and well but then the question is 1) what’s he doing to make sure he doesn’t miss on his top choice ls next time and 2) does that person that pushed Gattis still have influence on this or other future decisions.

@mirvin88 My bad I got this wrong. Tweet below says he's signing on Wednesday. I guess there's a possibility he signs but doesn't announce but don't think that's realistic. So I guess we'll know on Signing Day.

Interesting. Part of me thinks it sounds negative that he knows where he’s going straight off the UF official. Other part of me knows 1) Samson basically did the same, and 2) staff wouldn’t waste an OV if he knew he was UF-bound

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, seems to be a trend of Mario orchestrating trolls on our rivals in these battles lmao

Advertisement
Definitely would like to lock this kid up but he is not elite. Baxter is elite. Reuben Owens is elite. Richard Young is elite. This kid is very good and that’s not a problem.

This is what I was saying. Never meant the kid was bad, he would be a great addition to the class. I’m just not convinced he’s quite on the same level as those top guys

Luckily, most modern offenses don’t necessarily require an ELITE back. Hopefully Mario is willing to continue adapting on that side of the ball.

Interesting. Part of me thinks it sounds negative that he knows where he’s going straight off the UF official. Other part of me knows 1) Samson basically did the same, and 2) staff wouldn’t waste an OV if he knew he was UF-bound

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, seems to be a trend of Mario orchestrating trolls on our rivals in these battles lmao
Maybe he knew before UF visit.

I love when UF fans convince themselves they were leading for a recruit the whole time and we just swoop in last second, as if we weren’t working him non-stop getting him to decommit from OSU

Advertisement
How does Fletcher compare to Citizen? They're both big backs and powerful runners.

Citizen: 6'0, 217 lbs
Fletcher: 6'1, 225 lbs

IIRC Citizen ran a 4.5 40 in high school, which for a kid of that size is really **** good. Don't think Fletcher has that kind of speed but I couldn't find anything on his 40 time.

Is it fair to say Citizen is potentially the better all around back, Fletcher is the better short yardage/grind it out back, and Christopher Johnson is the better scat back?

I’ve never seen another fan base so thoroughly obsessed with another program’s recruiting class the way the Gaturds are with ours. I honestly feel most of them would give up their first born child to steal some of our commits...it’s really unhealthy.
Don’t hear much on the FSU front. Seems like they’ve conceded that Mario pretty much owns them on the trail especially south Florida and they should just concentrate on the portal.

Reactions: JD4
Advertisement
Don’t forget about the two best backs on our roster, Parrish and citizen
Absolutely.. if they can stay healthy, I think we'll get a large dose of Chaney/Citizen and CJ can have some nice packages next year.

Fletcher will need to wait until one of those 2 are hurt or gone before he gets significant carries imo...

Edit:forgot about Parrish... I think he gets passed by both those guys if they're healthy but he's first man up if either are hurt.

Advertisement
Has there been ANY update from any reliable source on the extent of Citizen's knee injury and his recovery status? Seems like it was "McGahee" like in severity. Willis had an incredible recovery that literally stunned the rehab staff at Doctor's Hospital. I was doing shoulder rehab at the same time and heard comments like "we have never seen anything like it". Big part of rehab after surgery like that is regaining flexibility in the knee (or ankle etc) and part of that is getting rid of scar tissue with massages, joint flexing, exercises, scraping. In McGahee's case ... they stated that he almost HAD NO SCAR TISSUE period. One of the most incredible healing events they had seen. That is attributed to genetics. Guy is simply amazing. Hope Citizen shares some of that type genetic make up and ... good luck!!
Genetics and hard work

How does Fletcher compare to Citizen? They're both big backs and powerful runners.

Citizen: 6'0, 217 lbs
Fletcher: 6'1, 225 lbs

IIRC Citizen ran a 4.5 40 in high school, which for a kid of that size is really **** good. Don't think Fletcher has that kind of speed but I couldn't find anything on his 40 time.

Is it fair to say Citizen is potentially the better all around back, Fletcher is the better short yardage/grind it out back, and Christopher Johnson is the better scat back?
The speed difference is staggering. Fletcher will be an effective college back though, but he isn’t a game breaker. Think a slightly slower Brian Robinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back