2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh....yes he is special....Watch his highlights from last night.
No he's not.

There isn't anything elite about Fletcher.

Not vision
Not lateral movement
Not quickness
Not top end speed

Hes a very good back. I love his mentality running the ball. He is obviously a "football player" and not a kid whose big and enjoys football.

People throw around elite like they do with "hes the next Sean Taylor" and it's never the case.

Elite is Baxter.

Not Fletcher.

Advertisement
No he's not.

Not vision
Not lateral movement
Not quickness
Not top end speed

Hes a very good back. I love his mentality running the ball. He is obviously a "football player" and not a kid whose big and enjoys football.

People throw around elite like do "hes the next Sean Taylor" and it's never the case.

Elite is Baxter.

Not Fletcher.
He ran through the #1 team in America's defense, at times making them look like a JV team...

No he's not.

Not vision
Not lateral movement
Not quickness
Not top end speed

People throw around elite like they do with "hes the next Sean Taylor" and it's never the case.

Elite is Baxter.

Not Fletcher.
I agree with you that elite is thrown around too much, and in that sense baxter isn't elite either unless we just want to say someone from each class is

baxter isn't a generational talent like fournette (in college), derrick henry, dalvin cook, etc. were coming out of high school imho.

very good and best back in the class but I don't KNOW that baxter will be a dominant force in college football and nfl like we did with other guys in recent years

We were begging to throw bags around for YEARS. Let’s not get self conscious about it.
It’s not that I believe there isn’t ANY money involved. Just that Gators have convinced themselves we’re throwing millions at every recruit (in some cases, JUST to spite them) and it has reached ridiculous levels lmao

Advertisement
No he's not.

Not vision
Not lateral movement
Not quickness
Not top end speed

Elite is Baxter.

Not Fletcher.

His two best traits are his balance and toughness. At minimum he's got excellent balance, but nothing you posted is wrong, IMO.

No he's not...Baxter is without question the best RB in Fl....

No he's not.

Not vision
Not lateral movement
Not quickness
Not top end speed

Elite is Baxter.

Not Fletcher.

tenor (1).gif

I agree with you that elite is thrown around too much, and in that sense baxter isn't elite either unless we just want to say someone from each class is

baxter isn't a generational talent like fournette (in college), derrick henry, dalvin cook, etc. were coming out of high school imho.

very good and best back in the class but I don't KNOW that baxter will be a dominant force in college football and nfl like we did with other guys in recent years

I don’t know, man. Baxter for sure has all the traits to be on that level, would definitely say he’s elite. Whether it comes to fruition there at Texas is another question altogether, but he has every physical tool to be elite IMO

Edit: anyway, to stay on topic.. although I wouldn’t consider Fletcher elite, would absolutely be a good addition. A lot of health concerns in our current RB room so would love to have him.

No he's not.

Not vision
Not lateral movement
Not quickness
Not top end speed

Elite is Baxter.

Not Fletcher.
Yeah I’d disagree here slightly; some of your points are valid.

His balance is elite if anything. No top end speed sure, but he shows enough burst and people don’t want to tackle him. He seeks contact.

Advertisement
One you do taxes on…..
Very True.

But the other is tax deductible.... which actually is better... if my understanding is correct.

All accountants out there, please tell us if the following is close to accurate.

Example (obviously numbers are wild, simplistic guesstimates):

1. Assume Money Source (aka Ruiz Nil and GatorVersionofRuiz Bag) is in a 40% incremental (all in) tax bracket

2. Assume the recruit is in a 0% tax bracket before bag/or/nil $ received.

3. The Bag is $100,000 vs The NIL is $155,000

4. Ruiz NIL has a $66,000 deduction after considering payroll taxes ($165k x .40) , so his net cost is $99,000

5. The recruit gets $155,000 from Ruiz, which costs $165,000 to Ruiz inclusive of payroll taxes but recruit pays a blended rate of 28%.. so nets $111,600 if Ruiz NIL vs keeping $100,000 if they took the Gator Bag.

Summation:

1. Ruiz NIL is ever so slightly better after tax for him than the GatorBagVersion, AND, the recruit keeps 11.16% more ($11,600 more) in this example

2. Ruiz NIL and the recruit getting Ruiz NIL are not at risk of the IRS bringing criminal charges against either or both.

Season 2 Get Schwifty GIF by Rick and Morty

Season 4 Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

jon stewart television GIF

Election Day Trump GIF

Very True.

But the other is tax deductible.... which actually is better... if my understanding is correct.

All accountants out there, please tell us if the following is close to accurate.

Example (obviously numbers are wild, simplistic guesstimates):

1. Assume Money Source (aka Ruiz Nil and GatorVersionofRuiz Bag) is in a 40% incremental (all in) tax bracket

2. Assume the recruit is in a 0% tax bracket before bag/or/nil $ received.

3. The Bag is $100,000 vs The NIL is $155,000

4. Ruiz NIL has a $66,000 deduction after considering payroll taxes ($165k x .40) , so his net cost is $99,000

5. The recruit gets $155,000 from Ruiz, which costs $165,000 to Ruiz inclusive of payroll taxes but recruit pays a blended rate of 28%.. so nets $111,600 if Ruiz NIL vs keeping $100,000 if they took the Gator Bag.

Summation:

1. Ruiz NIL is ever so slightly better after tax for him than the GatorBagVersion, AND, the recruit keeps 11.16% more ($11,600 more) in this example

2. Ruiz NIL and the recruit getting Ruiz NIL are not at risk of the IRS bringing criminal charges against either or both.

Season 2 Get Schwifty GIF by Rick and Morty

Season 4 Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

jon stewart television GIF

Election Day Trump GIF
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

Fair point made.

Advertisement
Yeah I’d disagree here slightly; some of your points are valid.

His balance is elite if anything. No top end speed sure, but he shows enough burst and people don’t want to tackle him. He seeks contact.
Don't get me wrong I want him on this team.

I love his mentality running the ball.

Advertisement

Stop it....if your the Best HS RB in the State of FL for 2yrs....your *** is Elite

Brady...Dorsey...etc...Candle wanted to bring his own guys, and that was axed...This is the one thing about Mario that's perplexing...if Saban can change his offensive philosophy, then Mario needs to follow suit...
Especially when Mario was on Saban‘s staff when Lane was hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back